• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimm Season 4 |OT| Fridays 9/8c - A Dish Best Served Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

I hope they can make Adalind a not so annoying character this season. I hated the fact that season after season she played the role of the villain and then eventually they started turning her into a good person and then BAM decided to go back to the villain role and it completely annoyed me.

They need to advance her character. I would be ok turning her from villain to good guy, helping the bunch at this point. Like that's about the best I can hope for in regards to her story in season 5.

Nick and Adalind together? That seems completely unexpected if I was to think about everything she has done throughout the show. That being said, it could be a sort of neat twist to see their relationship eventually go from rivals to being a couple.

I still don't like her character but the writers and the fans of the show do so they are not going to off her. Like ever. I just want her to fit into the plot in a meaningful way.

I want the show to go back to the wonderful mythology and fairly intelligent writing that we once had in the show instead of the cheap baby drama what not.

I really hope season 4 is indeed a reboot of sorts and move into the right direction. To early to call but I'm definitely going to watch at the very least.

pants

While in a compromised state of elevated self hate (i ate some greasy food but im technically on a diet) I watched the season opener after having quit this shit in season 3. I can confirm this show is still fucking terrible, in fact it somehow got worse.

While in a compromised state of elevated self hate (i ate some greasy food but im technically on a diet) I watched the season opener after having quit this shit in season 3. I can confirm this show is still fucking terrible, in fact it somehow got worse.

It's firmly in soap drama now to appeal to the housewife and shipper demo.

Maybe Adalind can evolve into maybe a tolerable character? That would take a few seasons though.

Her and Nick as a couple...not sure how the writers could bend the laws of good writing to make it work because it would make no sense. Please don't happen.

Demo-Profile-2015-Oct-FRI.30.png

Lowest rating for a Grimm season premiere.

Kevin

This will almost certainly be the last season. I'll watch this trainwreck and then move on. Shame because it had some much potential when it first started and now it's just crap.

Demo-Profile-2015-Oct-FRI.30.png

Lowest rating for a Grimm season premiere.

I wonder how much of this is due to it outstaying its welcome and how much is due to the direction they took the show in.

To be honest, I never thought this show was good. Right from the beginning, I thought it was mediocre. But if you like urban fantasy and monster killing, it was at least an enjoyable type of mediocre. It seemed to do well for them as that too, so taking a supernatural crime drama and turning it into a soap opera is just... such an odd move. The genres aren't even closely related.

Just such a weird move.

Kevin

Watching the ComicCon videos, the writers came off as sounding like idiots and even they (at the time) didn't have a clue where they were even going with the stories and even admitted such on several occasions.

wildfire

Banned
Watching the ComicCon videos, the writers came off as sounding like idiots and even they (at the time) didn't have a clue where they were even going with the stories and even admitted such on several occasions.

This painfully stood out to me as well. I was really hoping they were more on the ball for this but the crowd at comicon was cheering them on so they wouldn't see the warning signs until the ratings for this premiere.

Kevin

I use to love this show. Even bought the first three seasons on Blu-Ray but now I don't really care if it gets canceled or not. Unless by some small chance this season actually turns out better then I am expecting.

DJ_Lae

I use to love this show. Even bought the first three seasons on Blu-Ray but now I don't really care if it gets canceled or not. Unless by some small chance this season actually turns out better then I am expecting.

I did this too. Granted, they were on sale on Amazon, but still.

I'm hoping this season picks up, because this first episode was all the wrong sort of silly that I enjoy from the show. It seemed off.

alekth

I wouldn't have minded the season opening terribly, if I had any confidence that they'd make something out of it. That, however, seems extremely unlikely, and probably everything will just be added to stuff they threw away and never resolved once this show is cancelled.

Ashodin

They said they basically rebooted the story with the new group and the royals out, so it's uphill from here. Or downhill. lol

HeySeuss

Eh, I still enjoy this show. Juliette's not dead obviously but she'll come back maybe at the midseason finale just as Nick is starting to get feelings for Adiland.

The uprising thing is interesting so I'm in.

Kevin

Enjoyed the second episode a lot more then the premiere and it seemed to set up the rest of the season more. It feels like things could be slowly moving in the right direction. Time will tell.

Since it didn't get posted.

VweyY7G.png

I feel like going back and trying to figure out how much of the male audience for this show has stopped watching live over the last couple seasons as the show continues down the soapy road.

man this show is getting so ridiculous lmao. I can't believe they brought Julliet back. Why!?!?! Honestly the only reason why I watch this show is for the laughs.

Completely expected that, but was still very disappointed that they brought her back. Probably my least favorite character on the show.

Wow, guess it's showing how little we care seeing as this topic hasn't been bumped since the show came back over a week ago and a S5 OT was never made and I guess for good reason since this one was clearly not very active to begin with.

Should probably request a title change to drop the season 4 part.

PsychBat!

Banned
I didn't think it would be possible but I'm starting to hate this show. I hate "Eve" and I hate the whole shadow ops they have going on in this. We're simply being told that they're the good guys (at least leaning towards good) and that's it.

Kevin

I honestly feel like this season has been considerably better so far. At least we finally have an actual plot. The show is still completely hokey but it's more entertaining with an actual real threat and what not. The royals storyline was pretty lame and ended fairly lame. Also the season is still getting started so they have a lot of time yet to explain what this underground movement is all about and more on Black Claw. I say let's wait and see how it turns out.

Despite watching the previous four seasons with my wife I've never had much interest in the show, don't get me wrong as some episodes are quite good but they're outweighed by the bad ones. I don't understand why the writers have gone in this direction, is the main audience teenage girls or something? In the UK it returns from its mini break soon and I doubt I'll watch it, I can see what's happening and it's even more stupid than usual.

Ashodin

I honestly feel like this season has been considerably better so far. At least we finally have an actual plot. The show is still completely hokey but it's more entertaining with an actual real threat and what not. The royals storyline was pretty lame and ended fairly lame. Also the season is still getting started so they have a lot of time yet to explain what this underground movement is all about and more on Black Claw. I say let's wait and see how it turns out.

The last half of the show this season will go into the black forest, all the keys, and what they do. It's some heavy lore shit from here on out, exciting.

The last half of the show this season will go into the black forest, all the keys, and what they do. It's some heavy lore shit from here on out, exciting.

They said this?

Honestly speaking, I'm pretty much done with the show. I can't even get angry at the Nick-Adalind thing

ksdixon

Im absolutely stuck on 418, just after Prince Kenny turns up. Can't seem to force myself to continue on. Does Trubel return?

Forsythia

I can't take this anymore, Juliette looks so fucking ridiculous in those wigs. I laugh out loud everytime she appears on screen.

Is this the last season? If not, it should be. It has become so bad, and I thought the whole Royals storyline was insufferable, but at least I got through that.

It could have been a fun lighthearted wesen of the week show, but nope, they fucked it up.

Since they just accelerated the whole key nonsense (or maybe they're just making up for forgetting about it for like most of three seasons) it's really feeling like this could be the last season and I kinda hope it is.

DJ_Lae

The last two episodes have been the best in quite a while (which I'll admit is a really low bar) - they've toned down the relationship bullshit and even though I wish Juliet was just gone already she's at least less obnoxious than she was last season.

Ashodin

The last two episodes have been the best in quite a while (which I'll admit is a really low bar) - they've toned down the relationship bullshit and even though I wish Juliet was just gone already she's at least less obnoxious than she was last season.

This week's gonna be even better I think, they're all in on the mythos til the end of the season.

With the game coming down the pipe too, it's safe to say they're gearing up for a better 6th season.

So far, I like this season much better than the last one.

This week's gonna be even better I think, they're all in on the mythos til the end of the season.

With the game coming down the pipe too, it's safe to say they're gearing up for a better 6th season.

There's a Grimm video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom