• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimm Season 4 |OT| Fridays 9/8c - A Dish Best Served Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

jond76

Banned
This show is off the rails and it's amazing. Lol. Approaching Helix level zaniness. The last 3 episodes have been crazy.

I half expected momma Grimm might get killed off and half expected she'd survive whatever the plot was going to be but then the episode aired and they made it pretty obvious with a bad wig and not actually showing her face (besides the one in the box) that they didn't bring back the actress that plays her for the episode.

Kevin

Grimm has actually been pretty crazy as of late and at least more entertaining because of it. I do hope season 5 is better though because season 4 has been mostly a crap shoot.

Wiktor

Jesus fuck at that ending. I thought the weird camera angles meant that it was a ruse, she sent somebody else...but nope. Probably did it to save on actress, but it was much more effective this way. And that silence.

The show definitely picked up in last few episodes. I hope Nick will go batshit crazy and violent right now. Let the heads roll! I want a sea of vessen blood.
It should end with a replay of classic Babylon 5 scene, with Julliete's and Prince's heads on spike and Nick waving at them.

Forsythia

Where the storyline about the Royal Family always seemed to be leading nowhere and therefore being outright boring, it is much better now that Juliette is a Hexenbiest. After this last episode I think there is only one ending possible for Juliette. I also really liked that they didn´t have her turn good at the last moment, with all those flashbacks.

So yeah, she probably is going to die.

Slayven

Never got the point of the royal family, especially since they all blended together. Maybe if they were some kind of Super Wesen that ruled the other ones.....

Oh, I think Juliette needing to die has been long overdue.

Nick needs to hook up with that state police cop or a nice wesen girl.

Never got the point of the royal family, especially since they all blended together. Maybe if they were some kind of Super Wesen that ruled the other ones.....

Nick needs to hook up with that state police cop or a nice wesen girl.

The state cop is clearly for Hank. Surprised how dark the episode got, but yeah, Juliette is too far gone. I'm amazed at how far the trap to get the surprisingly old baby went.

Razmos

Well shit, that got dark real fast.
The best grimm returns! I love Trubel.

How much time has passed exactly? Diana looks pretty damn old considering we last saw her as a newborn baby, but at least she might be more interesting this way.

Juliette is definitely going to die, or at least be written out for a while. At least we got some decent drama and she actually moved the royals story along a bit (at least until Kenneth gets replaced by yet another Royal who we simply don't care about, I agree with the earlier post about them all blending together)

Also I thought Renard lived in an apartment on a pretty high floor, when did he move into that big house?

Razmos

Happy Mother's Day!
whaaa.gif

I thought they were going to have some kind of redemption arc for Juliette, but after the end of that last episode, all I could say was, "Well that's going to be hard to come back from..."

Tokubetsu

Just realized that not only is she responsible for his moms death too, but literally their entire neighborhood as well. She has to die.

Kevin

I feel like big changes are coming for season 5. Here are my guesses as to some possible scenarios:

-A new Grimm cave that isn't Rosalee's spice shop basement.
-Nick moving somewhere else.
-Nick and Adalind dating (which would be super weird to me) and raising their kid together.

Theories:

Adalind's child is really Juliette's kid and it all got mixed up during the Re-Grimming process. Juliette may find out when it's all too late or maybe she won't but leave it as a season 5 twist when Adalind finally gives birth.

I read somewhere that the Royal storyline may wrap up in next week's season finale. Seems unlikely to me and/or would likely have an undercooked ending for a four year long plotline.

If the Royal storyline does indeed end then maybe the key storyline will encompass most of season 5. Could help give a proper refresh for a show growing a bit stale right now.

Final Thoughts:

Season 4 was pretty terrible. The first three seasons were pretty solid but the ridiculous drama and writing really took the quality down a notch. Also super disappointed that Nick's mom storyline ended so abruptly and never really went anywhere like most interesting Grimm plotlines.

So much rich untapped mythology being discarded in favor of housewife drama. Much like that other show. You know, Supernatural!

I'd be very disappointed if Juliette 2.0 could simply get knocked out of her power and suddenly become herself again, then all is forgiven over a few episodes and blah. That'd suck so hard.

alekth

The past few episodes have been more interesting, but I'm actually disappointed with their handling of Juliette. Not like she was much of a character, but whatever she was, they completely changed it, and that can't be simply explained by her liking her power and assuming everyone would be against her. Adalind didn't change between being and not being a hexenbiest, and Nick isn't out getting rid of wesen for the sake of it either.

Maybe the actress wants to quit the show or they want to get rid of her fast for some other reason, but it's either that or some incredibly sloppy development.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I half expected momma Grimm might get killed off and half expected she'd survive whatever the plot was going to be but then the episode aired and they made it pretty obvious with a bad wig and not actually showing her face (besides the one in the box) that they didn't bring back the actress that plays her for the episode.
This is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to shows. It always means a character's story arc is going to be very poorly and hastily wrapped up. I get that scheduling is an issue, but it never does a show justice.

The past few episodes have been more interesting, but I'm actually disappointed with their handling of Juliette. Not like she was much of a character, but whatever she was, they completely changed it, and that can't be simply explained by her liking her power and assuming everyone would be against her. Adalind didn't change between being and not being a hexenbiest, and Nick isn't out getting rid of wesen for the sake of it either.

Maybe the actress wants to quit the show or they want to get rid of her fast for some other reason, but it's either that or some incredibly sloppy development.

I'm probably misremembering but I think Henrietta said Juliette was going to develop into a really strong hexenbeast and that things were going to get worse before they got better with regards to how she controlled the power. I'm assuming here, but in the episode with the wessen right of passage from a few weeks ago, I got the feeling most wessen get someone who guides young ones through the change and keeps them balanced, simething Juliette didn't have.

qazqaNii

Holy shit that last episode 4x21 ending, jebus, I didn't expect the mothers head, I thought Juliette left something so Nick could follow them, but that head.

Got some questions now:
1. Was this the finale?
2. If it was the finale when is Season 5 if there will be a season 5?

Holy shit that last episode 4x21 ending, jebus, I didn't expect the mothers head, I thought Juliette left something so Nick could follow them, but that head.

Got some questions now:
1. Was this the finale?
2. If it was the finale when is Season 5 if there will be a season 5?

Not the season finale, next week promo for the finale some spoilers watch at your own risk, season 5 is probably late September if it's given a full season, or next year January if it's a short season.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Yeah, Juliette has got to go.

I like the theory above about the baby actually being Juliette's, that would be a great twist.

Finale spoilers

Thank god Juliette is dead, plague for the show ever since that cat scratch, and she wasn't very interesting before that.

PsychBat!

Banned
So...
he gave up in trying to kill her because he doesn't want to fight her because he still loves her. And she still blames him because she turned in to a hexenbiest because she had sex with him as Adalind and while she kind of showed remorse to Nick about her part in killing his mom, she chose to kill Nick anyways?

Juliette has some weird mood swings.

I liked Juliette a hundred times more than Adalind but, now she's dead and Adalind is still alive. I guess the housewives will love that... Ugh. Not that last week's episode already made it obvious that she was a goner.

Forsythia

It went as expected, but it still was a good season finale. Poor Nick: first his mother, then his girlfriend and next season he'll probably end up being with Adalind. I can already see them trying to raise the kid and happily fall in love eventually. Ugh.

Razmos

I was half expecting Juliette to sleep with the king, since turning evil for some reason made her sleep with every guy she came into contact with.
I actually quite liked Adalind in this episode. I've said it before, but she works really well when with the group, she's just annoying when she's off doing her own thing.

Not sure how I feel about Trubel and her connection with the resistance, I hope they don't do a Nick vs Trubel thing next season
Juliette dying is going to shake things up, I hope they don't bring her back to life.

Wiktor

Great finale. Loved how Nick fucking destroyed the prince
So...
he gave up in trying to kill her because he doesn't want to fight her because he still loves her. And she still blames him because she turned in to a hexenbiest because she had sex with him as Adalind and while she kind of showed remorse to Nick about her part in killing his mom, she chose to kill Nick anyways?

Juliette has some weird mood swings.

I think she still felt something for him and she just wanted to wipe him out. Once he would be dead there would be nothing tying her to the old life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom