• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimm Season 4 |OT| Fridays 9/8c - A Dish Best Served Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire

Banned
Ha. I thought to myself they wouldn't kill the king or Juliette when they met their named character quota with Kenneth and the bald guy but the deaths kept on coming.

With the death of the king I now have no clue how this story should go. This kid may have superpowers but she is in no position to take the place as Queen of the royal family. I guess we're going to get random ass pulls of family members we never heard of.

Some of you think Nick will hook up with Adiland. I don't see that happening. I would expect a hook up between him and Theresa or someone totally new, like a royal.

Slayven

Nick has a damn good squad, no body is scared to catch a body or fight shit outside their weight class. And Bud has pie and a comfy couch.

So, do Hexenbiest children just age at an accelerated rate until they reach a certain level of development? Nick's zombie strength mode thing has disappeared again unless that's what he went into while fighting Kenny D-bag...

So, do Hexenbiest children just age at an accelerated rate until they reach a certain level of development? Nick's zombie strength mode thing has disappeared again unless that's what he went into while fighting Kenny D-bag...

He did some super-hearing thing during the assault near the end. Zombie stuff still there.

...so was there a reason given why Trubel returned in the first place?

Wiktor

It seems to activate only when he's in serious trouble. Prince Chump wasn't able to deliver serious trouble :)

Wiktor

He did some super-hearing thing during the assault near the end. Zombie stuff still there.

Heh...this is like third time, on third forum that I see people making this mistake. Weird :)
Super hearing is something he got while blinded. His body compensated for it with enhanced hearning.
Zombie mode he got like half a season later

Link

The Autumn Wind
The show really needs to do a better job of staying focused on overarching story elements. It seems they keep distracting themselves with something new and almost forget about the stuff that's already going on. They keys have barely been touched on in forever, and it's almost like they have no idea what to do with the "zombie" thing.

Wiktor

Are royals enhanced or just normal humans?

It seems they are enchanced somehow. But they never said it straight.
I actually wonder if Royals aren't just a grimm bloodline that got too diluted with time by mixing with vessen. So they lost grimm powers, but still remained a bit more than human.

Of course, it could just pure human strenght. I mean..both Renard and Kenneth were very tall and very muscled. Like holy crap. Wu was like half the size of that prince :D

PsychBat!

Banned
Great finale. Loved how Nick fucking destroyed the prince
I think she still felt something for him and she just wanted to wipe him out. Once he would be dead there would be nothing tying her to the old life
Ah thanks. That would explain it.

I didn't expect
the King to get offed so easily. Hilarious.

Been watching this regularly again. The past few weeks have been entertaining and with lots of the ol' "crap hitting the fan" scenarios, including a few interesting deaths. Liked the finale and will be there for next season.

Kevin

Thought the season finale was pretty solid. Glad they wrapped up a lot of things and I feel like season 5 could very well be a huge refresh on the show. It also appears that the Royal storyline is more or less done with as was rumored.

It has been reported that season 5 would be all about those mysterious keys that were around in the earlier seasons so I think this could be a fun "mythology" based storyline for the show to go in.

This show can be both amazing and bad at the same time and so I always have mixed feelings and yet I find myself catching up on Grimm before many other shows. Glad it was renewed and I'll continue to stick with it and support it including buying the Blu-Ray releases.

Wow, I did not expect them to ride that train to the end. I thought they'd cop out and play it safe. I have to give them props for that. Those last two episodes totally subverted expectations.

ganon

So glad they finally get rid of Juliette! Too bad Adalind and her baby dramas still exist.

The Royals and their King are a joke. Hope they're really done with it and focus on the keys next season.

So glad they finally get rid of Juliette!

I'm thinking Juliette isn't really gone. I was kind of shocked and incredulous they killed her off given the show has played it so safe since the beginning with not a single member of the regular cast getting offed. So I thought I'd check to see if she was moving to a new show or got some other part or something.

I didn't find anything about that. However, I did find an interview from last December where she was talking about how she was dating David Giuntoli (Nick) and how all of the regular cast are super best friends and hang out outside of work and want to move to Portland to be together even after the show ends.

I thought she was maybe sick of just playing the "girlfriend part" or something and leaving for something better. But if they're all that close and the main lead is dating her, I'm very skeptical they'd just turn her into such a bitch and off her like that.

Unless she and David had some ugly break-up and she's on the outs with the group in real life and just wants out of there, I think her death is a red herring and they'll find some dramatic way to bring her back.

ganon

I'm thinking Juliette isn't really gone. I was kind of shocked and incredulous they killed her off given the show has played it so safe since the beginning with not a single member of the regular cast getting offed. So I thought I'd check to see if she was moving to a new show or got some other part or something.

I didn't find anything about that. However, I did find an interview from last December where she was talking about how she was dating David Giuntoli (Nick) and how all of the regular cast are super best friends and hang out outside of work and want to move to Portland to be together even after the show ends.

I thought she was maybe sick of just playing the "girlfriend part" or something and leaving for something better. But if they're all that close and the main lead is dating her, I'm very skeptical they'd just turn her into such a bitch and off her like that.

Unless she and David had some ugly break-up and she's on the outs with the group in real life and just wants out of there, I think her death is a red herring and they'll find some dramatic way to bring her back.

Ehh, I sure hope not. The soapy Nick+Juliette+Adalind+baby drama has to end. Not to mention Juliette's the cause of Nick's mom's death, she can't and shouldn't come back.

Season 5 details from Comic Con:

http://tvline.com/2015/07/11/grimm-comic-con-panel-season-5-spoilers-juliette-dead/

What's troubling is that both the writers and the actors don't seem to actually have a plan in place and even admitted that they still don't know what the keys will be for. Sounds really lazy just like the writing. Such a shame and season 5 sounds all around terrible so far. I hope I'm wrong.

They should end it after this season because things are not looking to bright and i they seemed lost since last season in my opinion. To many threads.

Wiktor

I;m not worried about the plan or lack of it, because standalone episodes are why I'm watching this thing. Just make Nick more brutal and ruthless than he was in S4 and I'm game :)

Kevin

Yeah but Adalind is and it sounds like she's getting a lot more screen time.

They will almost certainly eventually pair her and Nick up. Certainly seems like they are moving in that direction and I know a lot of people out there want that for some reason when the rest of us want Nick to end her life.

They will almost certainly eventually pair her and Nick up. Certainly seems like they are moving in that direction and I know a lot of people out there want that for some reason when the rest of us want Nick to end her life.

Shippers ruin everything when the people in charge pander to them.

Kevin

For those interested, the full Comic Con panel has been released:

https://youtu.be/T8FC9Ybuwbc

Honestly I don't want to bash the show and who knows how season 5 will turn out. Grimm started off very strong and was climbing the ranks as one of the better shows on tv for me but began to really fall apart towards the end of season 3, into season 4.

Watching this panel I get the impression that yes the writers and actors and everyone involved on this show are only writing:

A. For the money.
B. To cater to the fangirls that like to see the main actors shirtless.

I got the impression that even the writers don't have a clue where they are taking the show. They even mentioned that they STILL don't know what they are going to do with the keys but that they will be addressed this season. It just seems like a huge mess in the writers room and I find that highly unfortunate.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It just gives me hope that Julia is really gone, since she wasn't at the panel.

I am ok with this show going on as it employs some good friends of mine.

Kevin

It just gives me hope that Julia is really gone, since she wasn't at the panel.

I am ok with this show going on as it employs some good friends of mine.

Yes they confirmed in the panel that she WON'T be back but that there will likely be a few small flashback scenes which I guess makes sense. They wanted to make sure fans knew that with her character, dead is dead.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Yes they confirmed in the panel that she WON'T be back but that there will likely be a few small flashback scenes which I guess makes sense. They wanted to make sure fans knew that with her character, dead is dead.

Great, I hear the actress was a pain to work for as well.

Kevin

I didn't know that. That's probably why she was killed off then I presume. I just wish they would either kill off Adalind or some how find a way to make her more interesting and less of a "villain".

Kevin

I just watched a few interview videos with the cast and writers. Some details for those interested:

-Show is being called a sort of reboot of the series and feels slightly more like season one but of course will still pick up exactly where it left off at the end of season 4. They don't go into specifics of what makes this season fill like a reboot. Could just be the aftermath of the events from season 4 which definitely shook things up.
-Trubel will be back in a larger role this season.
-Juliette is NOT coming back other then possibly flashbacks but that's it.
-Strongly implied that Nick and Adalind will eventually date and become a couple. Raising their baby together.
-The baby may be Nick's "anchor" from completely losing it from everything that has happened to him.
-The 100th episode is about the keys.
-Lockness monster Vesen will be in an episode.
-Rosalee will resume her drug addiction, will effect Monroe's marriage.
-Season will see the "rise of the Vesen". Described as revolutionary vesens rising up in Portland. A bigger threat then the Royals ever were.
-The FBI will be heavily involved this season.
-Nick may give up being a cop and go full Grimm.
-Lots of revenge for Nick. Nick wants to go after who killed his mom according to the team. Wasn't this already addressed? I mean wasn't it the royals that all died? This did confused me unless there is a twist here we're not expecting.
-Almost certainly lots of new Vesens for Nick to hunt.

I don't know why but for some reason I get excited for this show to return. Really hoping that season 5 is more fun and better written then 4. This show use to be one of my favorites when it first aired but the major increase in drama over mythology world building has relegated this show to popcorn fare to me.

Still I'll be back for season 5 because I can't help myself. Here is a video recapping the first four seasons with Bud doing the recap (it is hilarious):

https://youtu.be/de1FLfk3XkM

So GAF, will you be watching? Are you excited for the new season?

I just watched a few interview videos with the cast and writers. Some details for those interested:

-Show is being called a sort of reboot of the series and feels slightly more like season one but of course will still pick up exactly where it left off at the end of season 4. They don't go into specifics of what makes this season fill like a reboot. Could just be the aftermath of the events from season 4 which definitely shook things up.
-Strongly implied that Nick and Adalind will eventually date and become a couple. Raising their baby together.
-The baby may be Nick's "anchor" from completely losing it from everything that has happened to him.
-Season will see the "rise of the Vesen". Described as revolutionary vesens rising up in Portland. A bigger threat then the Royals ever were.
-Lots of revenge for Nick. Nick wants to go after who killed his mom according to the team. Wasn't this already addressed? I mean wasn't it the royals that all died? This did confused me unless there is a twist here we're not expecting.

I don't know why but for some reason I get excited for this show to return. Really hoping that season 5 is more fun and better written then 4. This show use to be one of my favorites when it first aired but the major increase in drama over mythology world building has relegated this show to popcorn fare to me.

I will watch, but I wouldn't say I'm excited for it. I like the world the show exists in, and that's basically all that keeps me here.

Mixed feelings on those hints.
Love the idea of Nick just giving up and losing his shit, but pairing him with Adalind is stupid beyond words.

Still I'll be back for season 5 because I can't help myself. Here is a video recapping the first four seasons with Bud doing the recap (it is hilarious):

That sounds horrible, I want black forest arc, don't want
Adalind/baby shit,

DJ_Lae

Now that we have confirmation that Juliet is dead-dead...yeah, I'm excited.

Well, as excited as I can be, I guess. Show's become a spectacle of bizarre story choices the past couple of seasons but I still enjoy it.

I'm okay with more Trubel too.

wildfire

Banned

I find this revelation to be very funny because I have found their on screen chemistry to be disappointing.

I'm excited for the new season. That comicon summary has one bit of news that is annoying but most of it sounds good. I've given up at this point on them having coherant arcs. Episodic seasons were never terrible, only inferior.

These 3 things disappoint me, and I hope either they change or just get removed before the show airs. Bad choices IMHO, specially the last one.

Unfortunately there's a certain part of their apparent key demo that loves it. =(

It's true, you go to the Grimm facebook page and it becomes apparent why they make certain story choices.

Hell when Trubel was a regular you had people on there begging for them to get rid of Nick and have the show focus on Trubel. People were talking about how terrible Nick is and how much they hate him as lead. Kind of ridiculous.

That demographic is doing terrible things to this show.

Wiktor

Hell when Trubel was a regular you had people on there begging for them to get rid of Nick and have the show focus on Trubel. People were talking about how terrible Nick is and how much they hate him as lead. Kind of ridiculous.

Nick became too manly
From baby faced angel:
tumblr_meg53930hY1rpzs4io1_1280.jpg

to killing machine

;)

Just something I've realised because they're started airing S1 in Poland recently and that clean shaved Nick in promo materials made me seriously lol

Razmos

I definitely think Nick has gotten less interesting as the show has gone on.

He was kinda cute and charming at first, and the struggle between his work life, life with Juliet and his Grimm life were interesting, and affected him in interesting ways.
Nowadays he's just a "punch this problem until it goes away" kinda guy. I actually dislike that they've tried to make him into this big heroic badass.

Same thing with Peter Petrelli from Heroes, who went from cute sensitive nurse:

to overpowered action hero:

It sucked.

tw1164

Haha, hearing Bud recap it was great. It really shows how awful awesome the show has been. Grimm is my guilty pleasure. I know it's bad and I shouldn't be watching it, but it's too good not to.

Wiktor

I definitely think Nick has gotten less interesting as the show has gone on.

He was kinda cute and charming at first, and the struggle between his work life, life with Juliet and his Grimm life were interesting, and affected him in interesting ways.
Nowadays he's just a "punch this problem until it goes away" kinda guy. I actually dislike that they've tried to make him into this big heroic badass.
To me it's the reverse. Seeing Nick become colder, more brutal and powerful as the seasons went has been the highlight of the series for me and lack of it through most of S4 is it's bigger weakness

xenist

Adalind has better chemistry than Juliet with pretty much everyone on the show. Including Nick. Giving her a bigger part was the best thing the show has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom