• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Performance Thread

LilJoka

I get stutter when crashing into other vehicles too.

Its still not as good as it was, tbh for me it was always getting better or no change until v1.28. I know other people saw regressions since release.

It seems they have fixed the memory leak too.

Jelle

Glad the stuttering is fixed but what annoys me so much is that paying customers don't have a choice and pirates can just easily decide on patching or not. Argh.

etta

my hard graphic balls
They better iron out those few remaining spikes now, and not leave it because it's "good enough". We want early build performance, Rockstar!

paolo11

Side question but did they patch the offline mode for this game? Meaning can I play this game offline without any errors?

Pjsprojects

Far to many times I'm buying the pc version of games only to end up buying them on console because of the mess they either ship as or end up in.

This has to stop,Gta looks great on my pc but the remaining stutter has put me off playing it

LilJoka

Far to many times I'm buying the pc version of games only to end up buying them on console because of the mess they either ship as or end up in.

This has to stop,Gta looks great on my pc but the remaining stutter has put me off playing it

Hmm ive put about 5 hours in since the new patch, its fine now. Are you getting constant stuttering? I get one one every so often, but its no worse than The Witcher 3. GPU usage seems very consistant now too, even been able to up a few settings.

Pjsprojects

Hmm ive put about 5 hours in since the new patch, its fine now. Are you getting constant stuttering? I get one one every so often, but its no worse than The Witcher 3. GPU usage seems very consistant now too, even been able to up a few settings.

It's like micro stutter when racing across the city,not bad but was not like it when I bought the game.
Thinking of buying another ssd for all these games that don't seem to stream to well.
Shouldn't really have to...

Witcher 3 runs perfect same with Project cars both on max settings.

Iced

This seems to be a unique case though because, for the most part, the game was running great at launch. Rockstar buggered something somewhere along the way.

Pjsprojects

This seems to be a unique case though because, for the most part, the game was running great at launch. Rockstar buggered something somewhere along the way.

Yup it did run butter smooth, a real shame they messed it up due to sodding hackers.
The thing is I transferred my PS4 character to PC.

Gumbie

Sometimes when I start the game up it's locked at 30fps and the only way I can fix it is to turn msaa from x2 to off and then turn it right back to x2. Anyone else have this issue?

Sometimes when I start the game up it's locked at 30fps and the only way I can fix it is to turn msaa from x2 to off and then turn it right back to x2. Anyone else have this issue?
Yes, but not just AA. It works for me when changing any setting in the menu that causes a black screen refresh (but doesn't ask to restart).

Oh cool, the last patch really fucked my game up hard.

By the way, are the voices supposed to be of such low quality in the game? It honestly hurts my ears when playing the story on anything else than low volume. Which sucks, cause i really like the story mode.

Herne

Okay, maybe I'm missing something extremely obvious here, but having just finished the game I've bought several vehicles and planes as Trevor. Apparently the planes were delivered - but I can't find the bloody things. They're not showing up in the desert strip Trevor owns, and not in another one I bought just to see if it would work. I can't find anything online (which again suggests I'm missing something extremely obvious) and the closest I could find had somebody suggesting that if you walk towards say, the Cuban 800, I should be given the option to change the plane.

Well, I'm not. I searched in the controls and couldn't find anything relevant - I thought the interaction menu key (M) may help, but no. And I can find nothing else. Also, apparently you can buy a hangar in the airport. I can see the sign, I can walk up to it, but there is no option, no icon on the map. Maybe that's just for Trevor, I dunno.

As for the cars, I apparently can't buy anymore because my garage is full. What garage?! I never bought any garage. I know I'm probably being an enormous dunce here, but since the Internet is decidedly silent on this, I'm a tad confused and could use some help.

The-Bean

IIRC you can walk into/near the desert hangar and be given the option to change planes. I had a hard time finding the pop up, just slowly walk around the hangar entrance until you find the right spot.

Herne

IIRC you can walk into/near the desert hangar and be given the option to change planes. I had a hard time finding the pop up, just slowly walk around the hangar entrance until you find the right spot.

Ah, okay. got that now. Thanks! I guess I was always just coming at the plane head on in the hangar. Now to find the cars.. no idea where they went, I never bought any property.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How do I get it to show Xbox One controller button prompts instead of Xbox 360 ones? I am on Windows 10 RTM, and I onced used the DS4 with DS4Windows, but uninstalled it.
Also, there is a VRAM issue on my end as of the last update. It consumes more VRAM than my GPU can handle, but the graphics settings are all at 2032/2047 MB; however, it got up to 2126 MB after ~30 minutes of playing.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
How do I get it to show Xbox One controller button prompts instead of Xbox 360 ones? I am on Windows 10 RTM, and I onced used the DS4 with DS4Windows, but uninstalled it.
Also, there is a VRAM issue on my end as of the last update. It consumes more VRAM than my GPU can handle, but the graphics settings are all at 2032/2047 MB; however, it got up to 2126 MB after ~30 minutes of playing.

in game VRAM counter is more of an estimate than exact count. you should be a little more conservative than the in game counter implies

etta

my hard graphic balls
in game VRAM counter is more of an estimate than exact count. you should be a little more conservative than the in game counter implies

Oh, no, I meant Rivatuner is showing that VRAM, not the in-game one. The in-game one is set at yellow, and shows 2032/2047 for my GTX 680 2GB.

Jin

Some good news:

7/22/15 Update: We have received a small number of reports from players who are still experiencing occasional framerate issues or stuttering following 1.28.01, and are continuing to investigate. Please stay tuned to this page for more information as soon as it is available.

I hope they don't break anything else if they do another patch.

Enco

Sweet. So, patch coming in two months?
Maybe.

R* don't give a shit. They've made pretty much all the money they can.

Just look at how broken the online is. It's the same as day 1. Nothing will change because R* don't really have much more to gain.

Aranath

I haven't played in a few weeks, since I've been concentrating on The Witcher 3. I decided to boot the game up and fart around a bit yesterday and holy crap.

I used to have the game at a solid locked 60, unless things got really hairy and, even then, the drops weren't huge. Now, just walking around Franklin's house, I'm getting constant stuttering. It's terrible and totally unplayable. I couldn't believe it.

I went for a drive afterwards and it just seemed to get worse.

I have a strange problem in Online mode. Every now and then if I happen to crash my car into another one the game will stutter exactly once I hit another vehicle, then it continues to run normally again. Tried driving around in my T20 and crashing into numerous cars and everytime I hit one, a stutter, but only on the first collision. Also tried with my Insurgent but strangely enough all cars didn't cause stutters when crashed into... Haven't really tested in singleplayer mode yet.

Elsolar

Performance has become worse over the last few months no doubt about it, I had solid 60 in this one spot in the countryside I used for testing before and now it drops to 40-45.

None of my settings have changed and my 3dmark scores have improved since then so my overall PC performance is better so I know it's not something on my end.

Rockstar must have broken something or something has been added that wasn't there before which is chewing up performance.

Are you v-synced? Keep in mind that the with v-sync, the difference between 60 fps and 40-45 fps can be a fraction of a millisecond of rendering time.

Jelle

I'm hearing some positive feedback on running GTA V on Windows 10 with significantly better performance.

Has anyone tried this? I'm a bit wary of re-installing Windows because of time tweaking OS stuff.

zXe

I was playing some last night, first game I tried and it felt butter smooth, like I hadn't ever experience the game that well. However after about 5 mins of play I would get this weird stutter/slow down moments, alt tabing out and back in seemed to fix that though. I certainly think the performance improved a fair amount on 10 compared to how it was on 7. Just felt really smooth constant 59/60fps with most settings on highest on my 970 except things like msaa/ reflection aa, pcs shadows (I use softest instead) and motion blur.

Afro

I'm hearing some positive feedback on running GTA V on Windows 10 with significantly better performance.

Has anyone tried this? I'm a bit wary of re-installing Windows because of time tweaking OS stuff.

Still getting that new stutter during intense action with the police, which was non-existent pre-ill gotten gains 1.

pezley

Banned
Been running the Windows 10 preview and full upgrade etc for a while and can't say I'm seeing this stuttering. Running High to Max 1440p with a solid 60 with GTX 970. Happy with performance,

TeaFan

I just got this game at the weekend. Runs really well but i seem to have be hit by the ERR GFX D3D INIT error. Ive searched some forums and it seems like other people have this as well. Anybody here had it, any fix?

knerl

Solid 60? High to Max? OK tell me exactly what settings because I find it hard to believe that.

Out in the countryside at 1080p on an overclocked 980 with a 3970x (4.6ghz) and 32gb of ram I still get fps drops under 60 (using windows 10)

Yeah, but you're probably maxing the game out aren't you?
I have a 970 and at 2715x1527 with most settings on max without any extended draw distance and high res shadows disabled I get mostly solid 60fps. I did on Win 8.1 in any case. Lowering things to high would definitely keep it stable I suppose. Moved to Win 10 now. I'm getting a 1 second freeze lag from time to time now. Is it because of one of the patches or the OS? Or of course the 352.62 video drivers.

Top Bottom