• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guerrilla games new ip "horizon" concept art leaked [Up2: Third artwork]

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniels

Hopefully its not a online only, two factions cave man vs scifi idiots, loadouts, light stupid rpg elements, boring ass ordinary assault rifles, shit loot, dlc trap "rpg" shooter.

hohoXD123

Looks so good. Considering how they were almost ready to tease it at E3 but didn't, it should happen soon, maybe at Sony's second TGS conference?

GG also brought in that Fallout:NV writer right? Hopefully they've improved in this department.

FireSol

Style looks great, but I don't have much faith in Guerrila on the gameplay side of things. Hoping they prove me wrong, looking forward to seeing it in action. RPG pls.

Gameplay side of GG games are rock solid,but they have problems with story telling.

Parmenide

Found this browsing
1410860173384.jpg

Apparently is another concept for "Horizon".

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Hopefully its not a online only, two factions cave man vs scifi idiots, loadouts, light stupid rpg elements, boring ass ordinary assault rifles, shit loot, dlc trap "rpg" shooter.

ISeeWhatYouDidThere.jpeg

Concept art looks good to me. What is this talk about it being a shooter? I thought it was an open world RPG. Online only? Are these just rumors? I don't mind some shooting in it, but I definitely prefer more hacking and slashing over an abundance of shooting. Oh well, we will see.

Parmenide

Nope, fake.
Half true. They seem to be some old concepts from a GG artist but the direction looks very similar to the leaked images.
Concept art looks good to me. What is this talk about it being a shooter or FPS? I thought it was an open world RPG. Online only? First person? Are these just rumors? I don't mind some shooting in it, but I definitely prefer more hacking and slashing over an abundance of shooting.
Destiny jokes.

GeoramA

I laughed when Shinobi mention the dino-mechs a while ago, but that looks very badass. Can't wait until they unveil this.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22266-1388174912-15.gif

Just waiting for the next piece of concept art to show an Uzi-wielding renegade cop from the future and Adolf 'Kung Fuhrer' Hitler.

KOHIPEET

Next to the game writer, I hope they hire a new composer too because that dubstep-like industrial shit from Killzone games needs to go far far away.

Even though there were some nice orchestral pieces.

foxbeldin

Next to the game writer, I hope they hire a new composer too because that dubstep-like industrial shit from Killzone games needs to go far far away.

Even though there were some nice orchestral pieces.

O'donnell is perfect for the job and he's available now.

DieH@rd

Banned
Destiny designers said that they wanted to mix SF and Fantasy genres... but in my opinion they completely failed at that. The only thing that has fantasy feel is their minimal story that has few fantasy elements.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Looks great, just as that "Medieval Sci-Fi" stuff that didn't pan out did too. A breath of fresh air after the past year of samey looking shite.

Gimme a robo dinosaur Monster Hunter with PS4 top end graphics and I'll melt into a puddle of ooze. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE.

Weird how the game looks kind of 80s cartoon stupid when they finally have a good writer. Mecha dinosaurs is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a good story. I want to believe GG have it in them to make a truly great game but KZ3 and KZ:SF don't inspire confidence.

KOHIPEET

Destiny designers said that they wanted to mix SF and Fantasy genres... but in my opinion they completely failed at that. The only thing that has fantasy feel is their minimal story that has few fantasy elements.

Not to derail the thread, and I also agree with minial story too. But THIS could give an interesting sping on the whole "Destiny's story sucks" thing.

Back on topic. I want this game to be a good, proper sci-fi game with good story and...I hope the game's approach to level design is at least as good as acharacter design. Enough of barren structures and dusty plains. I want vivid, living forests with tons of strange-looking foliage filling the place.

Love GG and one of the few gaffers to really enjoy all Killzone games! I've been waiting for any sliver of news on their new IP. Oh man this can't come soon enough

Have been burned too many times by concept art leaks.... :'(
Hope this ip is good and they put in some more background information in the game.
The killzone universe has an interesting background lore.

Do we know anything about the gameplay in this? So tired of how Sony-games always tend to look fantastic, but play mediocre, so really hope this will be a great exclusive that can help justify me buying a PS4 for Bloodborne.

Hahahahaha! Oh wait you are serious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom