• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guerrilla games new ip "horizon" concept art leaked [Up2: Third artwork]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

Someone from reddit was supposedly in a focus group for the game:

"Let's see based on what I can remember. The game is set in a post apocalyptic future where robots have evolved into animals/dinosaurs and humans have devolved into pre-civilization tribes of Hunters/Gatherers who are surviving off the land making weapons and armor out of robot parts.

You play as one of your tribe's hunters who's this girl that is fascinated with exploring the ruins of our old civilization.

They showed us some early concept gameplay, it seemed like one of the more unique aspect of the gameplay was that your character uses rope arrows to tangle up those giant dinobots like AT-ATs in Empire Strikes Back

They make it seem like there would be either class based co-op or your character would have some sort of NPCs fighting along side her. It seems like an open world third person action RPG and they claim the map will be extra huge.

That's all I can really remember off the top of my head, everyone in the focus group was really interested and excited about this whole rope tangling mechanic so I wouldn't be surprised if they flesh that out some more"

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2gjd0j/guerrilla_games_new_ip_horizon_first_supposed/ckk9254

holy fuck if this is true then this might be the next gen monster hunter

but how do you kill robot dinosaur with a bow and spears?

like this?
ico6.jpg

hyyyyppppee. ;p

Mdk7

"Let's see based on what I can remember. The game is set in a post apocalyptic future where robots have evolved into animals/dinosaurs and humans have devolved into pre-civilization tribes of Hunters/Gatherers who are surviving off the land making weapons and armor out of robot parts.

You play as one of your tribe's hunters who's this girl that is fascinated with exploring the ruins of our old civilization.

They showed us some early concept gameplay, it seemed like one of the more unique aspect of the gameplay was that your character uses rope arrows to tangle up those giant dinobots like AT-ATs in Empire Strikes Back

They make it seem like there would be either class based co-op or your character would have some sort of NPCs fighting along side her. It seems like an open world third person action RPG and they claim the map will be extra huge.

That's all I can really remember off the top of my head, everyone in the focus group was really interested and excited about this whole rope tangling mechanic so I wouldn't be surprised if they flesh that out some more"

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2gjd0j/guerrilla_games_new_ip_horizon_first_supposed/ckk9254

I'm about to fap at this point.

injurai

Banned

now this refreshing

This is how i imagine a "The dark tower" game to look like. Hope they stayed true to that concept art.

Dark Tower is EXACTLY what I was thinking. It has the same feels.
It is feeling particularly similar as I have only just started the 3rd book. I have only just finished the chapter where they take down giant Mecha-Bear

HOLY SHIT.

hyelife

It is the year 2250. Earth is on the brink of destruction and has sent out Dinobots to search for a planet that will sustain life. The Dinobots have found a planet, but the planet has its own natives that will protect their planet from alien invasion.

I tried

Hoo-doo

Banned
Having to mount these monstrosities with ropes and chains to finally take them down sounds incredible.

More Dragon's Dogma combat mechanics, I summon thee!

Snow_Harpy.gif

SykoTech

The new concept art is awesome and all, but ultimately it's just making me want to see somethingin-game even more.

Probably won't happen, but I'd love it if a screenshot leaked.

still, why are we only hearing about this very detailed description for the game after the art leaks? sounds like someone just made up a fleshed out story after looking at the leaks and shinibi's tweets.

gonna be skeptical about this for the most part.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
still, why are we only hearing about this very detailed description for the game after the art leaks? sounds like someone just made up a fleshed out story after looking at the leaks and shinibi's tweets.

This is pretty much what I was thinking.

My small dick is hard

down 2 orth

Whoa this sounds awesome! Like post-apocalyptic terminator. With DINOSAUR terminators.

Edit: oops

Auctopus

This reads like someone who just caught some ideas from the concept art.

vpance

If that's made up then GG needs to use it.

Heh, people are pretty excited for a studio with a rocky track record.

Gameplay has never been Guerrilla's problem (KZ1 aside); it's been level design, encounter design and writing. Something entirely new should give them a chance to address those issues so yeah, I think it's worth giving them the benefit of the doubt. If nothing else we'll get some pretty graphics and batshit crazy artwork.

yoshiunity

They already had me a "Robot Dinosaurs".

I hope we can capture them.

I would capture a Robot T-Rex and name him Grimlock. He will be King and I'll ride him into battle.

I think that became Beyond: Two Souls.
Nope, Beyond was codenamed Infraworld. Quantic Dream's PS4 project literally has the exact same codename (Horizon) and genre (sci-fi):

VG247 has learnt that Heavy Rain’s David Cage is now casting for a project called “Horizon,” said to be centred on a twenty-something couple.

We were told the plot involves “a curious man raised very insularly meeting a free woman who is hesitant to exercise her freedom.”

Last bit: it’s just been hinted to us that the whole thing is science fiction.

The call is to take place in LA. Sony’s the publisher, apparently.
http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/01/source-david-cage-casting-for-horizon/

This recently popped up on LinkedIn:

Pretty odd. David Cage randomly appeared in the Special Thanks section of Killzone Shadow Fall too. Probably coincidence though, as a collaboration seems incredibly unlikely lol. Except maybe QD dropped the prototype and GG picked it up several years ago or something. But I dunno.

ezekial45

Banned

I'm going to lose my shit if this has Skyrim-esque open world exploration.

KOHIPEET

Holy fuck! I mean jesus christ at that third artwork!! As absurd as it is, it looooks extremly good to me.

Please Guerilla don't fuck this up and create something original!

fedexpeon

Banned

SoTC/DD gameplay please.
Man, this game with zero trailer/official conceptual presentation is getting me hype from just rumor pictures/words.

Nope, Beyond was codenamed Infraworld. Quantic Dream's PS4 project literally has the exact same codename (Horizon) and genre (sci-fi):

http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/01/source-david-cage-casting-for-horizon/

This recently popped up on LinkedIn:

Pretty odd. David Cage randomly appeared in the Special Thanks section of Killzone Shadow Fall too. Probably coincidence though, as a collaboration seems incredibly unlikely lol. Except maybe QD dropped the prototype and GG picked it up several years ago or something. But I dunno.

Huh. Interesting Maybe it's going to be Titled Something Else.Also something about the Description Makes me think of the Demo that QD made called Kara.

Bloodrage

Banned

Whoa holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom