• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

GUILD JUMPING PUZZLE HOT SENDOFF
Thursday, October 22, 8:30 PM
Jumping Puzzle: Not so Secret!
Extra activities in celebration for HoT!
Come do Guild Trek and all other Guild Missions as we prepare to enter the HoT season!

Not So Secret is one of the more infamous jumping puzzles in the game, so expect to be frustrated and on the verge of tears while trying and failing to succeed! After we get a good number of people through it, we'll do some guild missions with the folks who attended so we can kiss em goodbye. We'll also do a Guild Trek, something never done before in the history of GAF guild
in 2015
!

This is a once in a lifetime chance to hop into having some fun :) We hope people will be able to attend!

Ashodin

Ash... your Funyuns may be Flamin' Hot, but I promise you, they've got nothing on these babies. lol
w2oaijR.png
U w0t m8?

810142458-2.jpg

See that meter on the bottom left of the bag? It means it's the hottest they make.

Come back to me when you've walked the wild side child.

Callunah

Neo Member
I got hooked on this flavor when they made them in "regular" Dorito fashion.. flat triangles. then they stopped offering them for a while. I discovered them in this shape last year when I had to order some Mexican spices on line... now Walmart has them (on line). I have yet to find them locally, so now anytime I need to order something from Walmart.com.. i toss in a bag or two. =)

I haven't seen the Habanero flavor at any stores near me so I've been living with Chile Limon which is pretty decent. I guess it's time I start checking around. And dammit now I'm craving spicy food again! Why do you people keep doing this?

Fishious

If we ever need to PUG when doing raids, instead of asking for their gw2efficiency so we can verify their equipment/build we should ask then about their favorite spicy snacks and then kick them for their poor taste.

Guardian with full legendary weapons and armor, 20k AP, meta build, and member of prestigious raiding guild, but thinks Tabasco is too spicy? Kick.

Edit:
I got hooked on this flavor when they made them in "regular" Dorito fashion.. flat triangles. then they stopped offering them for a while. I discovered them in this shape last year when I had to order some Mexican spices on line... now Walmart has them (on line). I have yet to find them locally, so now anytime I need to order something from Walmart.com.. i toss in a bag or two. =)

Thanks!

Wallach

Was able to get up to 213 remaining points. I guess there is a challenge that is from some season one living story achievement from 2013. Doesn't seem great that they have hero points in things you can't access anymore.

Fishious

Was able to get up to 213 remaining points. I guess there is a challenge that is from some season one living story achievement from 2013. Doesn't seem great that they have hero points in things you can't access anymore.

If you're talking about the krait obelisk, you can still purchase it for your home instance from the laurel vendor. Alternatively you can find someone who already has it and hitch a ride into their home instance.

Proven

If you're talking about the krait obelisk, you can still purchase it for your home instance from the laurel vendor. Alternatively you can find someone who already has it and hitch a ride into their home instance.
Oooooooh, that's the one people have been looking for. I actually have it, lol.

Wallach

Oh, will that give me the point if I have never done it before? I'll check into it, thanks.

Clearos

Anyone have any experience with the thief in the past 3 beta runs? Been gone for around ~9 months and like an idiot I went on to the official forums where people are screaming that the thief is useless at this point, so doing my best to take the whining with a grain of salt.

Going to level my Revenant but was torn between Necro and Thief as my side project as DD and Reaper look amazing.

Entry level:
doritos-spicy-sweet-chili.png

Fishious

Oh, will that give me the point if I have never done it before? I'll check into it, thanks.

Yes, you can get the skill point once per character and I'm pretty sure you don't need to be the instance owner. I have one so if you can't hitch a ride with Proven or someone else I don't mind letting you or anyone else who asks use it.

Zeroth

Anyone have any experience with the thief in the past 3 beta runs? Been gone for around ~9 months and like an idiot I went on to the official forums where people are screaming that the thief is useless at this point, so doing my best to take the whining with a grain of salt.

Going to level my Revenant but was torn between Necro and Thief as my side project as DD and Reaper look amazing.

Thief is fine. People just love to qq in the forums. Your class will be fine in any content, including old content, so dont stress over it and have fun :)

Wallach

Yes, you can get the skill point once per character and I'm pretty sure you don't need to be the instance owner. I have one so if you can't hitch a ride with Proven or someone else I don't mind letting you or anyone else who asks use it.

Was able to get it from someone, thanks for the tip!

Thorgal

Thief is fine. People just love to qq in the forums. Your class will be fine in any content, including old content, so dont stress over it and have fun :)

it's always funny when going there .

On on side you have people screaming that thief is only good in PVP to cap points and +1 things and once revealed is a free kill and is therefore useless .

On the other side you have People in WVW screaming that Thief is op as fuck due to the perma stealth build with Trapper runes and demand the class to be nerfed into the ground .

In short , if you take the forums at their word thief is both underpowered and overpowered at the same time .

Trey

I suppose it's time to preorder HoT, huh.

If everything works according to spec, it's definitely worth the price of admission.

Bought the headset! I've been wanting a new one for my PC anyway.

So, GAF, when it comes to raids, what requirements do you guys think you'll have? I'm in full exotics on my main, but I never started the ascended gear grind. I'd like to raid at some point, if given the chance.

I hope they introduce a slightly easier way to get ascended gear soon if it's going to basically be required for raids.

Fishious

Bought the headset! I've been wanting a new one for my PC anyway.

So, GAF, when it comes to raids, what requirements do you guys think you'll have? I'm in full exotics on my main, but I never started the ascended gear grind. I'd like to raid at some point, if given the chance.

I hope they introduce a slightly easier way to get ascended gear soon if it's going to basically be required for raids.

They said the first few bosses will be doable by good teams in exotics, but the later may need ascended. Depending on how this works out and the strategies people come up with it may be possible to get through more without ascended, but going by the people that streamed the first boss, its definitely going to be tough. If I understand correctly though, each boss drops loot which can be earned weekly and includes a decent (or at least better than current) chance at ascended gear. So it may be possible to run the first few bosses for ascended gear to prep for the later ones and other wings.

Retro

Awesome, do you plan to upload the blank ones again? Think Lucy may actually color them this time.

Yeah, I can do that. It's just a matter of hiding a few layers and such.

When will the OT be live? Tomorrow?
Aiming for Thursday. The new rule on gaming OTs is they can't go up sooner than 24 hours, so the absolute earliest would be 3am Eastern tonight. I'm not planning to stay up that late, so probably tomorrow afternoon or something.

I've basically written the thing, now it's just a matter of getting it laid out and putting in all the visual elements, gags, etc. That's the fun part though, so it should go quick.

I'm hoping raids will have a chance to drop Ascended Gear, to help gear up people who are in exotics and to aid in Legendary armor creation (since you'll be able to salvage Ascended gear in HoT).

Beyond gear, the biggest requirement I think we'll need is using Mumble. Too much was going on for people to be typing into chat to try to organize and such.

Does anyone know if there are going to be new character creation options with HoT, like how Factions and Nightfall introduced new ethnicity options? I made a Guardian recently but haven't started leveling her yet, and if HoT includes new hair/face/tattoo/etc. creation options for existing races then I might hold off just to see how I can remake her.

Or, is ANet going to keep locking that sort of thing away behind makeover kits...

Zeroth

Does anyone know if there are going to be new character creation options with HoT, like how Factions and Nightfall introduced new ethnicity options? I made a Guardian recently but haven't started leveling her yet, and if HoT includes new hair/face/tattoo/etc. creation options for existing races then I might hold off just to see how I can remake her.

Or, is ANet going to keep locking that sort of thing away behind makeover kits...

They haven't said anything so it's safe to say you shouldn't hold your breath

Hedge

28 hours to go and nothing to fill it with. ;_;
I guess this is a good time for an X-files marathon before the new season.

Retro

Cameron Rich said:
Hello Players!

In preparation for the launch of the new fractals system alongside Heart of Thorns, we’ll be disabling the Fractals of the Mists instance for a short time period on Thursday Night.

From 11:00pm PDT on October 22nd until the moment Heart of Thorns content becomes available, Fractals of the Mists will be inaccessible. Anyone already inside the instance may be removed from the instance at that time.

Once Heart of Thorns is available, the new version of the fractals instance will become available to all players.

As a reminder, we will not be resetting your player scale, so you may play the new fractals starting from whichever scale you had previously achieved.

We’ll see you in game! (source)

Vena

I've wondered this for a while.

Doesn't the GH implementation introduce some serious fragmentation that will kill off the hang-out cities? A sort of "bane" for MMOs, in general.

Retro

28 hours to go and nothing to fill it with. ;_;
I guess this is a good time for an X-files marathon before the new season.

By my clock it's 31 hours...?

I've wondered this for a while.

Doesn't the GH implementation introduce some serious fragmentation that will kill off the hang-out cities? A sort of "bane" for MMOs, in general.

We're not sure yet. We don't know exactly what type of services will be available in Guild Halls, so if you have to travel outside to bank / trade / mystic forge, then it will probably have some measure of negative impact. The good news, at least, is that they're approaching it as guild halls (where you'll at least meet other guildies) rather than personal housing (where everyone is in their own private space).

It's something I'm concerned about too, but I don't see the major cities emptying out overnight.

I just started leveling a necromancer and im enjoying it so far but I was curious how their looking going into HoT? I remember reading their not very good in pve due to condition damage being hindered in pve. Also impressions on the new reaper spec? it looks like a lot of fun which is why Im leveling one lol. I have a lvl 80 guardian but I havent played in months, hopefully dragonhunter is fun.

I just started leveling a necromancer and im enjoying it so far but I was curious how their looking going into HoT? I remember reading their not very good in pve due to condition damage being hindered in pve. Also impressions on the new reaper spec? it looks like a lot of fun which is why Im leveling one lol. I have a lvl 80 guardian but I havent played in months, hopefully dragonhunter is fun.

As far as I know, necros going into HoT are getting a lot of QoL improvements, like the changes to how PvE interacts with minions/pets (they take less damage from bosses unless specifically targetted by the boss, so now minions won't die to the massive AoEs that you need to dodge).

There's more, but I can't think of them right now, and I've not tried Reaper yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom