• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 writers fired following heated Twitter exchange with streamer

Dacon

Banned
This situation seems like the epitome of "talk shit get hit".

There is nothing to gain from being unnecessarily nasty to people on the net, it can cost you money, consumers, employees, opportunities and even your job now. Everyone would benefit from more positivity, civility and understanding.

SScorpio

I don't play it either (I never got into online gaming).

If you game on a PC, give it a try. You can play the original game for free. There are two expansions that unlock additional areas, quests, and character abilities. They aren't required to play, but worth it if you end up enjoying it.

It's an interesting game that you can play solo or with friends. It's really the anti-MMO MMO.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
If you game on a PC, give it a try. You can play the original game for free. There are two expansions that unlock additional areas, quests, and character abilities. They aren't required to play, but worth it if you end up enjoying it.

It's an interesting game that you can play solo or with friends. It's really the anti-MMO MMO.
I hear that game could really use some meaningful branching dialogue.

Last edited:
I said I was fine with write-ups, though. Is that not enough?

Multiple offenses, yeah, fire her.
I think accusing an ArenaNet partner who makes lore videos about their game of sexism for completely benign comments about the Guild Wars 2 narrative is beyond a write up. That isn't enough. Even if it was, I doubt this was her first offense, it was only a month ago that she celebrated the death of a major YouTube personality that favorably reviewed the game and based on her tweets, she seems like a miserable sack of shit that would be incredibly difficult to be around so can you really blame them for getting rid of her?

Yeah she said that she was vocal on social media during her interview but being vocal on social media doesn't justify being a mean spirited, miserable person that creates trouble for the company and creates a divide between the developers and the users.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Honestly what makes you think it isn't? Anyone who's 25+ was born in 1993+. By the time they were in gradeschool the internet was in full swing.

I've noticed that younger people have this very elusive way of arguing. There's a youtuber by the name of Mauler who dissects a video called "In Defense of Dark Souls II." And when I say "dissect," I mean "splits the very atoms."

Mauler himself has near impeccable logic and analysis. But the gentleman whose work he critiques, hbomberguy, argues exactly like my goddamn ex. Constant logical rabbit holes, plugging surge protectors into themselves and loud shrieks whenever someone pins them down with an irrefutable cornerstone. Verbose but imprecise, capriciously selecting any point on a sliding scale of splitting hairs or broad sweeping statements. Their foundation is obfuscating facts.

Generation of kids grew up watching christopher hitchens argue against his critics?

but yes, I've noticed this too

Last edited:

Cosmogony

Generation of kids grew up watching christopher hitchens argue against his critics?

but yes, I've noticed this too

Hitchens was one of the greatest polemists ever. Astonishingly bright, astonishingly erudite, eloquent and articulate, astonishingly courageous. He was human, though, so naturally not infallible.

The suggestion that kids are emulating his style or substance is baffling.

Szym

Neo Member
I'm a journalist and the place I worked at since 2010 has a pretty detailed social media policy that's part of the contracts for "talent" (publicly facing employees). I've got a damn good case for subject matter expertise -- in my own biased opinion -- but if I started flipping every time people "dare" to question my opinion on a related subject, which is apparently handed down from Mt. Sinai on tablets and how dare those little people object, I would be in trouble dozens of times a day. I try to avoid the internet outrage du jour, but from what I've seen from Price (who I had never heard of prior to last week), suggests to me that she's a thin-skinned bully, who, given her lashing out at the slightest, mildest provocation, probably isn't as confident in her own expertise as she claims to be.

That's the thing about authority. If you constantly have to inform people that you're an authority, you're probably not actually one.

CatCouch

This stuff is really confusing to follow due to how often the foundation of the arguments changes. I did follow the Alison Rapp incident and find it a frustrating example of how inconsistent the "SJW" or whatever you want to call it, movement can be. I don't like slut shaming or sex negative attitudes so I don't really like that she was fired for the sexual content she produced outside her job with Nintendo. I can see the conflict of working for Nintendo while doing that, though. Nintendo is a weird case since they were censoring their games for having revealing clothing and such at the time. (She also had tweets about pedophilia, which, IIRC, Nintendo was seemingly reacting to as articles around Xenoblade Chronicles X were accusing the game of sexualizing monors).

Does anybody remember when Nintendo started issuing DMCA takedowns against fan artists with NSFW art? Same time frame. I was actually one of the artists hit by that. Something was clearly going on with Nintendo at the time as they are not doing it now. The Switch seems to have dropped the censorship that was rampant on the WII U around '15-16. It makes me wonder if she would be fired now? Nintendo doesn't seem as concerned about sexy content now.

It was a bizarre side-by-side to see people supporting censoring women in Nintendo games while being outraged a woman was fired for sexual content by Nintendo. What a mixed message. Who makes the decisions on what's acceptable and what's not here because I can't find solid logic in it. There weren't articles defending artists like me when we drew sexy art of Nintendo characters. Why was she being defended when the fan artists weren't?

Similar double standards seem to be present here with the Price firing. She wants some kind of immunity where she can be as rude as she wants with no consequences. She acts like a bully while accusing others of being bullies. She talks about being against gate-keeping while acting as a gate-keeper trying to push out people she deems "sexist" which seems to be almost everyone. I just don't see how this kind of attitude can fly at all, I can't see game journalism continuing to succeed doubling down on such obviously wrong behavior. A new generation of gamers covering the industry on YouTube will likely take over since they showcase a genuine love for the industry while writers for bigger game sites hold so much contempt for the gamer.

Mecha Meow

It is creating a narrative that does not exist, because they can never have accountability.

Watching some of those posters over at Resetera trying to rationalize her behavior and make her the good guy was hopefully a wake up call to some people there.

Them reeeeeeeing how it was all GGs fault was pretty amusing as well.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Watching some of those posters over at Resetera trying to rationalize her behavior and make her the good guy was hopefully a wake up call to some people there.

Posters are being mass-banned for providing counter-arguments and even evidence that the whole sexism angle is forged. The reason you see so many "Social Justice Warriors" bullying and discriminating everyone else (ahh... the irony) is because the mods promote that behaviour.

This stuff is really confusing to follow due to how often the foundation of the arguments changes. I did follow the Alison Rapp incident and find it a frustrating example of how inconsistent the "SJW" or whatever you want to call it, movement can be.
Oh boy, the Alison Rapp incident.

Basically, she is an outspoken feminist on twitter, aggressively so for a Nintendo employee. They don't usually take outspoken developers well, and on top of that she was a PR staffer. It could be argued she was already treading on thin ice, not counting the whole prostitution moonlighting job where she wears Nintendo-themed things and doesn't even bother hiding her tracks from the public or her employee.

But on the other hand, she is actually against censorship of Japanese media to please "SJW" sensibilities or in the name of "localization". She spoke against the removal of the boob slider in Xenoblade X. Before you say it's a hollow attempt to deflect guilt, Nintendo actually has a policy against criticizing their own localization team's work that goes way back. She was out of line to voice that opinion. Better yet, she was so passionate about it she wrote a thesis years back about how censoring manga by applying current day western societal norms is compromising creative freedom and not an ethical distribution model.

That incident was so complex and so fascinating at exposing hypocrisy from so many sides.

On one side you have the gamergate crowd. Usually they co-opt all discussions about how censorship of games and imported media is bad, and SJWs are comfortable with this since they can now smear anyone who wants uncensored games as automatically part of it and the alt-right. But as it turns out, it's a rightwing movement at heart that's invested primarily in furthering their own politics (just as SJWs are in similar aspects).

So you get this ideological political enemy who actually supports that stated goal of creative freedom (in fact the SJWs formerly on this site were really upset by her statements about creative freedom and suggested themselves she should be fired. In fact one of the catalysts behind her firing besides the pictures was a feminist organisation calling for her firing over her thesis). What did GG do?
Why, pretend the Xenoblade X censorship was her doing of course! -- even though the culpits are well known, bragging about it even on podcasts and social media. It's primarily the Treehouse editors and they carried on doing the exact same sort of thing with Fire Emblem Fates, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds, among others). That's the one incident that proved it's not the "weeb justice" movement, just using them.
Now you might argue she had a ticking bomb skeleton closet anyways, but ... those pictures didn't go viral spontaneously.

Alison Rapp was foolish for mixing politics with her dream job, and that fucking moonlighting job you can't make up.
This doesn't mean what happened to her, over being more principled than either sides of the internet mob, wasn't unfortunate. Disgusting if we count how each side would take part of the story to try to score points against the other side after taking part in it.

Dunki

Alison's firing while also being harassed from every possible side was not because of prostitution, ot because of outrage but because of the fact that Nintendo strictly forbids to work at 2 jobs at the same time. ut the reason she got harassed from both sides was also because she had a fairly moderate stand on pedophilia and this became the reason the left did not fight for her anymore.

She had a more European opinion about it for example that these people need help and should not stigmatized as long they do not act on it. she argued how fictional media can help these people etc And this was too much for waypoint like people. I never had a problem with Allision and to see how terrible she got it from everyone was not a nice time. In the end she made her own mistake and she is responsible for her firing but she also was never disrespectful to people like in this case.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think accusing an ArenaNet partner who makes lore videos about their game of sexism for completely benign comments about the Guild Wars 2 narrative is beyond a write up. That isn't enough. Even if it was, I doubt this was her first offense, it was only a month ago that she celebrated the death of a major YouTube personality that favorably reviewed the game and based on her tweets, she seems like a miserable sack of shit that would be incredibly difficult to be around so can you really blame them for getting rid of her?

Yeah she said that she was vocal on social media during her interview but being vocal on social media doesn't justify being a mean spirited, miserable person that creates trouble for the company and creates a divide between the developers and the users.

Agreed. If you are going to use very villifying and ostracising (society wise in the West) language against someone, you better have your damned facts together. Otherwise, you are just as bad as that false boogyman you are conjuring up. The attempt to character assinate someone with straight up lies, because you felt your back was against the wall, and can't process constructive criticism, especially when one has the infallible ego complex is the ultimate sign of coming from a place of spoiled privilege.

Posters are being mass-banned for providing counter-arguments and even evidence that the whole sexism angle is forged. The reason you see so many "Social Justice Warriors" bullying and discriminating everyone else (ahh... the irony) is because the mods promote that behaviour.

Now that is a FACT!

Last edited:

Hendrick's

Alison's firing while also being harassed from every possible side was not because of prostitution, ot because of outrage but because of the fact that Nintendo strictly forbids to work at 2 jobs at the same time. ut the reason she got harassed from both sides was also because she had a fairly moderate stand on pedophilia and this became the reason the left did not fight for her anymore.

She had a more European opinion about it for example that these people need help and should not stigmatized as long they do not act on it. she argued how fictional media can help these people etc And this was too much for waypoint like people. I never had a problem with Allision and to see how terrible she got it from everyone was not a nice time. In the end she made her own mistake and she is responsible for her firing but she also was never disrespectful to people like in this case.
Wasn't she also outspoken about being pro-pedophilia?

Dunki

Wasn't she also outspoken about being pro-pedophilia?
No she was not pro pedophilia she was moderate and saw these people that they need help. She had a more European Understanding of this and not the total stigmatization then you will get in the US. She argued for the need of pedophile media based on fiction.

Hendrick's

No she was not pro pedophilia she was moderate and saw these people that they need help. She had a more European Understanding of this and not the total stigmatization then you will get in the US. She argued for the need of pedophile media based on fiction.
Questionable cause to champion.

Dunki

Questionable cause to champion.
But you can also back it up with research with how Japan does it etc. It is controversial for sure. But It is always better to have a valve to let this out than to hold it in until you burst (This sexual desire does not go away and most pedophile people know that they will never ever have an actual relationship. Many of them stay away from children as much as possible. To have then such material to let out this desire without hurting people seems also very logical.

What's also amusing is the clashing narratives from the anti-GG side. One group claims that this is all GG's fault and then another group laughs at GG allegedly taking the credit of Jessica Price's firing. (GG didn't take credit. From the looks of it, they picked up the news after Price already got fired).

SNIKT!

Welcome to the club lol. Mine went from "duration pending" to "permanent". It's no big deal though, this whole series of events has been incredibly eye opening for me, and I didn't see myself going back after seeing just how biased the mods are over there.

Mine just went to permanent today as well. That's what I get for having my own opinion, I guess. Might as well call the site echochamber.com

Mine just went to permanent today as well. That's what I get for having my own opinion, I guess. Might as well call the site echochamber.com
I personally like to call it ReplayERA because the mods and folks over there are just replaying the same authoritarian BS.

Whitecrow

Banned
But you can also back it up with research with how Japan does it etc. It is controversial for sure. But It is always better to have a valve to let this out than to hold it in until you burst (This sexual desire does not go away and most pedophile people know that they will never ever have an actual relationship. Many of them stay away from children as much as possible. To have then such material to let out this desire without hurting people seems also very logical.

That's right. Pedophiles dont choose to be pedophiles, same as homosexuals and transgenders, and they still have sexual desires.
In my view, pedophiles doesnt have any different 'disorder' than homosexuals, since both just feel attracted to something they are not naturally/biologically suposed to.

Dunki

That's right. Pedophiles dont choose to be pedophiles, same as homosexuals and transgenders, and they still have sexual desires.
In my view, pedophiles doesnt have any different 'disorder' than homosexuals, since both just feel attracted to something they are not naturally/biologically suposed to.
The problem is that while back in the day it was accepted it is not today anymore in most cultures like homosexuality. Pedophilia did always exist but it always depends on the culture and society you are in. If its accepted or not. And do not get me wrong I think it is great that it is not accepted in our countries but we als need to treat people with this desire not as the monsters they are stigmatized as but rather a people seeking help. The moment you act you are a criminal and you should be jailed and be under surveillance but for the rest they need professional help more than anything else.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Welcome to the club lol. Mine went from "duration pending" to "permanent". It's no big deal though, this whole series of events has been incredibly eye opening for me, and I didn't see myself going back after seeing just how biased the mods are over there.
predator-handshake-gif-11.gif

Well, the second job was literally being a prostitute, so that's not really true. It was not allowed to talk about this on GAF back then.

She was also antagonizing people on Twitter in relation to censoring stuff, etc. Not as extreme as Price, but still not a good look.

I don't feel sympathetic with Rapp and think that pedophilia is not a suitable topic to qualify you for work in a children's company.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Fairly moderate stand on pedophilia? Pedophilia is a disgusting desire and should be treated with 0 respect. And her view was that child porn should be okay, correct? Screw her views.

Some info on Know Your Meme for those unfamiliar with her bizarre ideas.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned

Dunki, do not wish to put more pressure on you, however, let me ask, don't you believe that this stance is a bit questionable, to say the least?

As if trying to put a foot on the door? A behaviour like this could possibly (even with the best of intentions) be co-opted and used by others for their ill purposes?

We don't live in high trust societies, not anymore, so we must be vigilant to prevent even the few normal freedoms we have.

Having said that.

The Off-Topic thread linked me to KiwiFarms, and it took me back, back to Fall of 17'.

But anycase, related to this topic, can someone confirm or deny the allegations against Ms. Price from this person?

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/neogaf-resetera.9636/page-376#post-3559349

I would not put it past her, judging her Twitter, but, if she did all that, then the GW2 company, may have to take a portion of the blame for housing such a negative person.

Last edited:

Cosmogony

Oh, wow.
Equating sex between consenting adults of the same gender with pedofilia is completely unjustified and it's not particularly difficult to figure out why. And given that homosexual behaviour in nature is well-documented, there goes there goes the thesis it's not natural.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Oh, going a bit pages back on KiwiFarms, I found this gem from Ms. Price.

If you have contempt for your job, what are the chances you are going to have contempt for your customers as well?

upload_2018-7-12_23-28-8-png.494577

Last edited:

Petrae

I would not put it past her, judging her Twitter, but, if she did all that, then the GW2 company, may have to take a portion of the blame for housing such a negative person.

ANet either didn’t perform due diligence before hiring Price or thought that she’d grown up a bit since her falling out.

This situation is why, as much as we don’t like the idea, prospective employers like running background checks that include social media history. They should know what they’re getting into before hiring. Is the prospective employee going to be an employee that demonstrates risk of saying something stupid online that would jeopardize the image of the business? How much baggage is the employee carrying, and what are the chances that said baggage interferes with business? Perhaps social media history gives clues as to a prospective employee’s attitude, demeanor, or interaction with others.

In the case of Ms. Price, she is now a documented and proven business risk. Unless a business wants to hire her to promote a publicly progressive image, everyone else realistically should stay far away from this controversial and always-irritated figure. When— not if— she blows another gasket online, it’s that next employer who will have to clean up that mess. Not her.

Hendrick's

The problem is that while back in the day it was accepted it is not today anymore in most cultures like homosexuality. Pedophilia did always exist but it always depends on the culture and society you are in. If its accepted or not. And do not get me wrong I think it is great that it is not accepted in our countries but we als need to treat people with this desire not as the monsters they are stigmatized as but rather a people seeking help. The moment you act you are a criminal and you should be jailed and be under surveillance but for the rest they need professional help more than anything else.
Seriously, all of you trying to defend pedophilia, the thought or action, are fucking disgusting.

Seriously, all of you trying to defend pedophilia, the thought or action, are fucking disgusting.
The comparison of pedophilia to homosexuality is perplexing since the former is significantly more harmful. Children do not understand the concept of consent nor are they fully developed mentally or physically. The reason why homosexuality is does not have the stigma pedophilia has is because we usually assume homosexuality to involve two consenting people of the same sex.

Hendrick's

Is not as disgutsting as people being unable to separate moral from science.

If you cant, just dont join the discussion.
Actually, it's far more disgusting. Even if I were to entertain the belief that these people are physiologically coded in such an irreparable way that they will always feel this desire no matter what, which honestly I don't, I would still think they are awful and vile if their course of action was anything other than either trying to fix themselves (remove said desire) or removing themselves from society altogether, and certainly from any contact with children.

The comparison of pedophilia to homosexuality is perplexing since the former is significantly more harmful. Children do not understand the concept of consent nor are they fully developed mentally or physically. The reason why homosexuality is does not have the stigma pedophilia has is because we usually assume homosexuality to involve two consenting people of the same sex.

It's a disturbing argument. It is basically saying that any and all vile and reprehensible desires are fine so long as you don't get caught acting on them.

Last edited:

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Pedophilia IS disgusting. And in order to best solve a problem, we have to understand first why and how it happens. My interpretation on some of the users' posts here is that they believe that the best way to solve the problem is to keep pedophiles entertained with fiction, instead of waiting them to act and then get punished for it. The former is relatively harmless, even if disturbing to think about. The later destroy's children's lives. Which do you prefer? I think that's the point those posters are trying to make.

Because many pedophiles are aware of their own disgusting desires (and even actively try to avoid them), then it's best to give them help in order to not commit any atrocities, than to do nothing until the atrocities are done.

This is just being rational. Obviously, from an emotional perspective, it's hard to handle this issue, because it IS disgusting. But from a rational perspective, it may be the best way to protect children. (It "may": I'm actually not well-informed on this matter, and have no idea if this desire is biological or not.)

Anyways, we're getting off-topic here.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

Pedophilia IS disgusting. However, in order to best solve a problem, we have to understand first why and how it happens. My interpretation on some of the users' posts here is that they believe that the best way to solve the problem is to keep pedophiles entertained with fiction, instead of waiting them to act and then get punished for it. The former is relatively harmless, even if disturbing to think about. The later destroy's children's lives. Which do you prefer? I think that's the point those posters are trying to make.

Because many pedophiles are aware of their own disgusting desires (and even actively try to avoid them), then it's best to give them help in order to not commit any atrocities, than to do nothing until the atrocities are done.

This is just being rational. Obviously, from an emotional perspective, it's hard to handle this issue, because it IS disgusting. But from a rational way, it may be the best way to protect children.

Anyways, I'm not well-informed on this matter, and we're getting off-topic here.
I'm with you, I don't know how this thread degraded to pedophilia, aside from the few here who come to its defense every time its brought up (makes me leery). That said however, I disagree that providing fictionalized entertainment is harmless at all. You are basically normalizing it at that point and taking away the stigma. That is about the dumbest thing that could be done on this subject. For homosexuality it's ok, because whether real or fictional, you are dealing with consenting adults and no one is being harmed. That's why that comparison doesn't work. It's not ok to have sexual thoughts about children regardless of whether or not you can help yourself. This is something that should never be normalized, accepted or encouraged.

Last edited:

B_Signal

Oh, going a bit pages back on KiwiFarms, I found this gem from Ms. Price.

If you have contempt for your job, what are the chances you are going to have contempt for your customers as well?

upload_2018-7-12_23-28-8-png.494577

why are you going back through her old posts? Get on with your life, let her get on with hers

Dunki

Fairly moderate stand on pedophilia? Pedophilia is a disgusting desire and should be treated with 0 respect. And her view was that child porn should be okay, correct? Screw her views.
People do not chose to be pedophile. Most pedophile know that they will never be able to live a normal life having a normal relationship etc. They know that it is dangerous to children and they supress this desire. This is were fictional media can help. This also does not mean that I accept pedophilia but I do think these people need professional help. And allison wrote a thesis for this in University which then got brought up.

The moment they act on it they are criminals and most people know this. And if they act on it they are dangerous and should not be kept in public.

Dunki, do not wish to put more pressure on you, however, let me ask, don't you believe that this stance is a bit questionable, to say the least?

As if trying to put a foot on the door? A behaviour like this could possibly (even with the best of intentions) be co-opted and used by others for their ill purposes?

We don't live in high trust societies, not anymore, so we must be vigilant to prevent even the few normal freedoms we have.

No I do not think so. WE have studies over and over that media does not influence you. Violent movies/games do not make you more violent. Sexist media does not make you more sexist. So why should this do it? Media is never the cause but media just like everything else can be a trigger. Many people play violent shooter for example to get rid of stress and anger. Here it would be the same.

Again it is good that it is not accepted by society and not seen as normal in most cultures. But there are not much differences here. You do not chose being a pedophile you do not watch a movie and say yeah that looks fun. You already know it is disgusting and not acceptable and that you need help. that is where the moderate stand comes in.

It is not accepted but if you have this desire you need professional help

But I think this is enough off topic if you guys want we can make a thread about it.

Last edited:
Again it is good that it is not accepted by society and seen as normal in most cultures. But there are not much differences here. You do not chose being a pedophile you do not watch a movie and say yeah that looks fun. You already know it is disgusting and not acceptable and that you need help. that is where the moderate stand comes in.

It is not accepted but if you have this desire you need professional help

But I think this is enough off topic if you guys want we can make a thread about it.
Is there a genetic basis for that? I am not for or against what you said, but it would be preferable if you have some scientific literature that supports the bolded.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I'm with you, I don't know how this thread degraded to pedophilia, aside from the few here who come to its defense every time its brought up (makes me leery). That said however, I disagree that providing fictionalized entertainment is harmless at all. You are basically normalizing it at that point and taking away the stigma. That is about the dumbest thing that could be done on this subject. For homosexuality it's ok, because whether real or fictional, you are dealing with consenting adults and no one is being harmed. That's why that comparison doesn't work. It's not ok to have sexual thoughts about children regardless of whether or not you can help yourself. This is something that should never be normalized, accepted or encouraged.
I agree with the bolded part, but again, it's not something I ever thought deeply about. There may or may not exist some merit on that solution, I have no idea.

Whitecrow

Banned
We can talk about how bad pedophilia is all day and night long.

But the truth is, that the fact that is bad because it affects children, doesnt make it any different from homosexuality at a brain/scientific level. Argue what you want.

Dunki

Is there a genetic basis for that? I am not for or against what you said, but it would be preferable if you have some scientific literature that supports the bolded.
It is not known but treated as a mental disorder in most cases so that means that you hve this desire with your birth through genetics etc. It also can be a mental illness which results from sexual abuse in your childhood.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/pedophilia

B_Signal

We can talk about how bad pedophilia is all day and night long.

But the truth is, that the fact that is bad because it affects children, doesnt make it any different from homosexuality at a brain/scientific level. Argue what you want.
and heterosexuality presumably?

Petrae

why are you going back through her old posts? Get on with your life, let her get on with hers

For the purposes of discussion, it’s worth looking at Ms. Price’s social media history. It shows that she’s very loose on social media when it comes to posting what’s on her mind and not considering the effects or perception.

It also shows that Ms. Price has been active long enough on social media to understand how it is used and the consequences that come with poor choices. There’s really no excusing her actions, except for her completely incorrect assertion that her account is private and that she can say what she wants without consequence.

When you lead a public life on the internet, you open yourself up to deep dives like this if/when you go viral. It’s why more people are starting to pay much closer attention to how they behave both online and offline.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Deroir was not the only community member she attacked that day. INKs also got some nasty replies:

Fun fact: the "fantasy amateur writer" comment was directed at me, for a post I've made in the Guild Wars 2 forums discussing the use of idioms in the fantasy genre.

Last edited:

B_Signal

For the purposes of discussion, it’s worth looking at Ms. Price’s social media history. It shows that she’s very loose on social media when it comes to posting what’s on her mind and not considering the effects or perception.

It also shows that Ms. Price has been active long enough on social media to understand how it is used and the consequences that come with poor choices. There’s really no excusing her actions, except for her completely incorrect assertion that her account is private and that she can say what she wants without consequence.

When you lead a public life on the internet, you open yourself up to deep dives like this if/when you go viral. It’s why more people are starting to pay much closer attention to how they behave both online and offline.

right, but this is now 2 weeks old, she's been fired, going through her posts now is not achieving anything. If you wanted to prove what you've said you want to prove the TB post was enough for that, not the tame bullshit that was quoted. No one is changing their opinion at this point as to whether her firing was justified or not

B_Signal

So what about the people who are blind or deaf since birth?

By your logic, because nature can make it, those are not disorders.
Your logic fails.
I've literally no idea what you're talking about

edit: oh wait, are you saying homosexuality is a disorder? (I wasn't trying to trick you in to saying that btw, I'm just not sure what your point is)

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
I've literally no idea what you're talking about

edit: oh wait, are you saying homosexuality is a disorder? (I wasn't trying to trick you in to saying that btw, I'm just not sure what your point is)
It seemed like that.

So to be clear, I think homosexuality is a kind of disorder, but that have nothing to do with how I treat homosexuals. I treat all of them as I treat heterosexuals.

Top Bottom