• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Strive open beta now live (Xbox, playstation, pc)

anthony2690

Banned
Just installed it on Xbox and had a super brief go, been wanting to play this game for years, I genuinely thought it would never come to Xbox.

Just had a super brief 20 minute go if that, with Sol Badguy, seems really fun.

Looking forward to spending the weekend in training mode.

Anyone else playing this, this weekend?
or looking forward too it on Xbox? (As it is new to us Xbox players)

Edit:
I don't really get the wall mechanics, what makes the splat happen? X amount of hits near corner?

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Did they finish the game yet? So i can buy the complete version? Or whatever the fuck they call it?
The beta has 22 fighters? What I assume includes season 2, whether they do a season 3 who knows.

Game seems good, should try out the open beta you have full access to every mode it seems

I miss when I would just play that all day for the entire summer of 2021. Got bored of it after around the 150 hour mark though. I-No's moveset is god tier design.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

I didnt even know this was coming to Xbox.
Thanks for the heads up.

Crossplatform is one of the greatest things brought to consoles in the past decade.

anthony2690

Banned
I didnt even know this was coming to Xbox.
Thanks for the heads up.

Crossplatform is one of the greatest things brought to consoles in the past decade.
It's comes to Xbox on game pass the day it comes out. :)

After a little more time with the game, I'm a little underwhelmed, I can tell it's a high quality game and all that.

But I think I prefer arcsys past titles like bbcpex & ggac+r.

Plus it probably doesn't help, I wish I was playing street fighter 6 instead, that beta has really set the bar for fighting games imo.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
The beta has 22 fighters? What I assume includes season 2, whether they do a season 3 who knows.

Game seems good, should try out the open beta you have full access to every mode it seems
Nah i only buy fighting games that are complete these days.. so if it’s done i will get it 🥳

anthony2690

Banned
Nah i only buy fighting games that are complete these days.. so if it’s done i will get it 🥳
Do you not play online? Being years behind or when the game probably isn't active anymore doesn't sound very fun to me :p (then again we all play for different reasons)

Hopefully you get your complete edition soon though and hopefully they don't do a Tekken 7 👍

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Awesome game, need to go back to it

I don't like the Ranking system tho, but the game itself is awesome

I noticed the lobby system is absymal imo.
& Then you rank up and end up in pretty much a empty room, hopefully it's just a beta thing and not a full release thing.

Thankfully you can train and wait for a match though.

SSfox

I noticed the lobby system is absymal imo.
& Then you rank up and end up in pretty much a empty room, hopefully it's just a beta thing and not a full release thing.

Thankfully you can train and wait for a match though.
The Ranking system is quite messy tbh, they try to do their own thing i get it but it's kinda wack. Normal Rank system like SFV and T7 and there you go. Only thing sucked in SFV is Rank wasn't per character, but seems they're fixing this for SF6.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Do you not play online? Being years behind or when the game probably isn't active anymore doesn't sound very fun to me :p (then again we all play for different reasons)

Hopefully you get your complete edition soon though and hopefully they don't do a Tekken 7 👍
Tekken 7 pulled the same shit as mk11

Nah i usually do couch coop with buddies
2 fightstick TE’s

anthony2690

Banned

The more I play the more the game is growing on me, especially now I've figured out a couple combos without spending meter etc :)

Going to try do some stuff online soon.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I want to try it out, probably will. Though I am personally so over fighting games , more so the fact I play other games , and don't have the time to invest compared to other online players to be somewhat competitive, but , I love me some guilty gear.

Oh My God Yes GIF by CBC

splattered

It was announced at Xbox event at Tokyo game show, I made a little thread back then :).

[/URL]

Game comes to game pass the day it comes to Xbox.

Oh sweet! Guess i forgot... was thinking we were getting a different GG, but maybe it was Blazblue that we weren't getting the newer entry? I hardcore loved GG on the original PS1 and then played some others a bit along the way. Looking forward to buying this when it releases.

anthony2690

Banned
Oh sweet! Guess i forgot... was thinking we were getting a different GG, but maybe it was Blazblue that we weren't getting the newer entry? I hardcore loved GG on the original PS1 and then played some others a bit along the way. Looking forward to buying this when it releases.
We are getting blazblue cross tag battle too :p

My introduction to guilty gear was reload on the original Xbox, loved it :)

Accent Core+R might still be my fave revision currently, I've purchased accent core so many times on so many different devices, ps2, psp, psvita, Xbox 360, steam, switch etc 😅

Last edited:
Top Bottom