• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Fieri is not just a simple douche. But an anti-Semetic, homophobic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising. The dude is unbearable. Everything about him oozes douchebaggery. I'm not shocked in the slightest to discover that he's an ignorant, homophobic anti-semitic prick.

And from what I've read, his restaurants are disgusting.

Koomaster

PigSpeakers said:
Also, Guy looks like he should be in Smashmouth.
He's friends with the singer from Smash Mouth actually. They recently did some egg eating thing for charity, where Guy cooked a bunch of eggs and supposedly Steve was going to eat them, but then didn't. It was weird.

Vandiger

I can't stand the guy, only watch FN for chopped and restaurant impossible. I don't understand how he got popular, guess I'm out of the loop on the type of people he caters to.

Ferrio

Banned
Vandiger said:
I can't stand the guy, only watch FN for chopped and restaurant impossible. I don't understand how he got popular, guess I'm out of the loop on the type of people he caters to.

Can't stand the guy, yet you watch restaurant impossible? Hate that host more than fieri.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
alton brown calling man v food gluttonous and wasteful while hosting Iron Chef is pretty laughable.

Ferrio said:
Can't stand the guy, yet you watch restaurant impossible? Hate that host more than fieri.

I used to dislike Robert Irvine.. still don't really like the guy much, bur Restaurant Impossible is a really good show. It's like Hell's Kitchen w/ a bit of HGTV "design on a dime" thrown in.. and Robert Irvine is clearly "in charge" which is part of what makes the show good. And he really does do a decent job of working with people, creating menus, concepts, etc.

Vandiger

Ferrio said:

I know he is like a knock-off of Ramsey but I like shows that deal with failing businesses and how clueless some people can be.

Davedough said:
Ok, so douchiness aside..... why is Fieri pronounced Fee-eddy?
I think his actual name is Guy Ferry. The Fieri thing pronounced as "Fee-eddy" is just a testament to his narcissism, but hey, someone mentioned earlier that he owns a fridge that he himself autographed :l

Amir0x

Banned
he is the least funny douchenozzle on tv. I cannot believe there is a single non mentally handicapped individual on Earth that can stomach any of his - and I'm paraphrasing the article here - 'funny one liners and goofy charm', because he neither has funny one liners nor charm goofy or otherwise.

He is the most cloying host in food tv history

BertramCooper said:
And from what I've read, his restaurants are disgusting.
I can't speak about the kitchen but the dining areas are fine. Food is ok. One of them had really good happy hour specials, but I haven't been there in a couple years. His main place was shut down for a long time due to a sewer problem.

I didn't realize he had Sacramento locations, dunno if those are cesspits.
I imagine him to be a guy from a southern US state, that has made his career in either lame stand-up comedy that somehow manages to fill giant stadiums, as a fighter in the WWR..whatever that wrestling thing is called, or on the Food channel as someone who eats the most decadent/disgusting things for dare, like say a 10 pound hamburger.
He's a former caterer/restaurateur who had a couple restaurants in north bay California who won a cooking contest on Food Network back when winning something like that might have mattered. He then managed to parlay that win into a mini-empire.

Crazy stuff, but the show is the show with the latest season just having started a few weeks back. I don't pay much attention to the personalities on the shows, it is all about the nifty foods and places to inform.

It would be surprising to see this knock any of his shows off though.

Bourdain is pretty awesome, looking forward to A Cook's Tour reruns and his new show The Layover.

KibblesBits said:
And not to derail a perfectly good hate train but...

Adam Richman and Alton Brown had a recent falling out just last year.

Linky

Meh, this is nothing compared to Bourdain's semi-regular teardowns of Rachael Ray. He's also said some pretty unkind things about Paula Deen and, as it turns out, Guy Fieri. He's got a pretty low opinion of people who aren't actual chefs and isn't afraid to show it.

Besides, it's hard to disagree with AB's assessment of MvF. It's pretty gross at times as the food's presentability goes down fast once the first few bites have been taken. I personally can't stomach more than one ep in a row.

It's funny how people can so easily be manipulated into not liking someone, or in the case of the OP, just latching onto reasons to dislike someone you already decided you didn't like.

This entire article sounds like a producer who has an axe to grind, and decided to throw someone under the bus because he's got some sand in his vagina.

Is it possible all his stories are true? Sure, but I'm not about to feel certain about such things.

BruiserBear said:
Is it possible all his stories are true? Sure, but I'm not about to feel certain about such things.

They confirmed Fieri's 'no gay guests' demand with other parties who were there.

Seems reason enough to find him despicable.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Things to come away from this thread:

-Fieri, in reality, is EXACTLY how he comes across.
-Both AB's are awesome.

That is all.

nVidiot_Whore said:
He didn't ever say "no gay guests"...

Sorry, I took it out of context. "Warn me the next time I have to talk to someone who could possibly be gay" is probably a better paraphrase. Still not a good look for Fieri.

Xenon

Homophobic, obviously but anit-Semetic thats a stretch. If saying "Jews are cheap" makes a person an anit-semite then most of Hollywood would be guilty.

Angry Fork

Not necessarily relevant to this thread but I'm just wondering how come Jews get their own title of discrimination? If someone says something derogatory about blacks, mexicans, etc. they're just called racist not an anti-blackemite or some random title/name reserved for black people.

Meadows

Banned
You know what, I call bullshit, I think Fieri jokes around a lot and probably doesn't focus as much as he should, but I bet the homophobic things were probably just bad, tasteless jokes.

ctrayne

961cq.jpg

Really says it all, doesn't it?

Dysun

I dont see how this detracts from the show, it's not like I expect every celebrity/tv host out there to be a saint...

agrajag

Banned
Of All Trades said:
I can't speak about the kitchen but the dining areas are fine. Food is ok. One of them had really good happy hour specials, but I haven't been there in a couple years. His main place was shut down for a long time due to a sewer problem.

I didn't realize he had Sacramento locations, dunno if those are cesspits.

He's a former caterer/restaurateur who had a couple restaurants in north bay California who won a cooking contest on Food Network back when winning something like that might have mattered. He then managed to parlay that win into a mini-empire.

No, he was the winner of the first season of their reality show The Next Food Network Star, which guarantees a development contract. It wasn't one of those "best cake decorator" dealies.

agrajag

Banned
Buckethead said:
Yeah I did whats your point?

then you just see what you want to see

FOOD NETWORK REPRESENTATIVES declined to address many of Page's allegations, but Vice President of Communications and Public Relations Irika Slavin denies the network removed Page at Fieri's request.

"Guy Fieri is and always has been a consummate professional, and we look forward to continuing our work with him," Slavin says in a prepared statement. "Our lawsuit with Page Productions has settled and we will have no further comment about it."

Before the lawsuit was settled, the network had much more to say in court papers. According to the network's countersuit, Page can be blunt bordering on brutal.

In one email the network submitted as evidence, Page calls an employee "a vile uninformed piece of shit." Another email refers to a colleague as "one fucked up dumbass loser." In a particularly dark passage, Page wishes death on an employee who disagrees with him: "I hope you die so I can dance on your fucking grave."

Nobody who worked with Page would confuse him for a shrinking violet, acknowledges Ian Logan, an editor at Page Productions. "Passive-aggressive David is not. You know where you stand with David at all times."

Everyone who knows Page has a story about a time he let them have it. Supervising producer Drew Sondeland remembers the bruising reception he got after he dropped the ball on a tape delivery.

"He said some pretty harsh things," Sondeland says. "But it was a pretty big fuck-up. He explained why it was a big deal. It wasn't just him screaming at me."

Some employees have walked away disillusioned. As Page puts it: "There's a lot of people who couldn't cut it."

Jayne Ubl was almost one of them. A grizzled veteran of television, Ubl worked on Diners for nine months and says it almost destroyed her self-confidence.

"You get beat up," Ubl says. "After a number of months I started asking, 'How did I get so terrible at this job?'"

Head writer Margaret Elkins agrees Page's criticism can create an existential crisis. She wound up in Page's doghouse last year and grew so tired of his haranguing that she finally had to confront him about it.

"I said to David: 'You've got to know, you're killing me,'" Elkins recalls.

Page's response was to get angry. "I can't believe you would tell me you think I'm an asshole!" he told her.

To Page's credit, he eventually settled down and apologized for his behavior.

That angry side is in full flower when it comes to the court battle. Page says the Food Network's lawsuit was an attempt at creating a "revisionist history" that he was fired for "creating an intolerable workplace." Page calls it a "convenient excuse" to smear him.

Food Network host Tom Pizzica worked with Page on another show, Outrageous Foods, and supports him. Pizzica says the problem was as much Fieri as it was Page.

"I think it was just two people whose egos are very big, and they can't be in the same room together," Pizzica says. "That's how people are in this industry."

The article made them both look equally bad.

I genuinely don't get the Fieri hate. I feel like I'm as sensitive as anyone to the douche wearing Oakley's type of guy, and while he looks the part, I've never once gotten the feeling he acted the part.

He just comes off to me like a fun loving guy. Someone I'd probably enjoy having as a neighbor.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
blame space said:
next up: Mike Rowe

You shut your whore mouth and don't you dare say another slanderous word about the man lest I sue you for libel.

agrajag

Banned
BruiserBear said:
I genuinely don't get the Fieri hate. I feel like I'm as sensitive as anyone to the douche wearing Oakley's type of guy, and while he looks the part, I've never once gotten the feeling he acted the part.

He just comes off to me like a fun loving guy. Someone I'd probably enjoy having as a neighbor.

Yeah, maybe you two can burn some crosses together in your back yard
trollololol

notsol337

marked forever
The thing about Bourdain is that you know he's a douche going into things, and he's hilarious about it.

Fieri is a douche that won't say he's a douche. I've heard Bourdain say things like "I'm an idiot, I admit." several times.

p.s. blame space, you almost got me with that! Almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom