• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Ace Attorney 5): Limited Editions announced, boxart, 7/25 release

Wait a second, didn't the AA series just see a reprint recently? That to me sounds like sales are decent at least. Can't wait for AA5 though, looks like one of the best jumps from sprites to 3D ever.

I'm still waiting for AA 123HD on Android, Capcom! You want sales, release your projects!
And also an Android release of AA5 a couple years from now for a replay.

Hero

Day one on the limited edition as long as it comes over here.

Isn't Capcom USA allegedly sitting on the Ace Attorney HD trilogy for iOS? Thought there were rumors it was coming to Wii U or something a while back.

Screenshot dump.

VhvtJig.jpg
XH5hyMk.jpg
7xSJ6X2.jpg

8XEwiKp.jpg
UOj0GFo.jpg
meyk8dk.jpg

9YOzmLI.jpg
PTCTEJL.jpg
wHvc9zS.jpg
omg omg omg

MechaX

Each game has sold less than the previous game in NA, and AAI was outsold by Okamiden. It probably is to the point where the costs of localizing the games are greater than the revenue they would bring in.

On that same coin, AAI actually only sold slightly less than Apollo (which was between 60-80k according to a GAF poster that had NPD access; it was an older topic), which was also in the ballpark of all of both the second and the third PW games as well.

The Okamiden thing came from Sven, but it turned out that there was something very off about that comment.

On that same coin, AAI actually only sold slightly less than Apollo (which was between 60-80k according to a GAF poster that had NPD access; it was an older topic), which was also in the ballpark of all of both the second and the third PW games as well.

The Okamiden thing came from Sven, but it turned out that there was something very off about that comment.
Yeah, that comment about the sales didn't really accurately portray the reality.

AAI2 was, (and still is IMO), a game that could make a worthwhile investment for Capcom. The fan support is there, we just need to be given the opportunity.

HardRojo

Bring that figure over to NA Capcom! I'll buy 10 copies!!
And resell them at 200% the price
Not really, I'd just get one but I'd get 2 if it helped AAI2 to come stateside.

MechaX

Yeah, that comment about the sales didn't really accurately portray the reality.

AAI2 was, (and still is IMO), a game that could make a worthwhile investment for Capcom. The fan support is there, we just need to be given the opportunity.

Yeah, it was still odd that Capcom made that assertion at all.

Also, just for other people wondering about the Okamiden thing, Shocking Alberto summed up the situation pretty well almost two years ago. Basically, AAI being outsold by Okamiden was a bold-faced lie.

I played the demo back at TGS, and I was really impressed by how great everything moved. The animation is really fantastic.

I enjoyed Layton vs Ace Attorney, but the AA5 demo was on a completely different level in terms of the character models and movement. So excited for this.

GSR

I played the demo back at TGS, and I was really impressed by how great everything moved. The animation is really fantastic.

I enjoyed Layton vs Ace Attorney, but the AA5 demo was on a completely different level in terms of the character models and movement. So excited for this.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the game in motion more. Like PLvsAA, I think the models look a little off in still shots, but PLvsAA was able to do wonders with the animations.

I need everything! Really hope that limited edition becomes available here as well.

And the new prosecutor looks so bad ass! Hopefully, he'll end up memorable just like Edgeworth and Godot.

Already love Kokone.

That smile of hers can brighten up my mood anytime.

Shahadan

They did a hell of a job keeping the artsyle almost intact.

Now the question I don't like to ask....who's writing it? Iirc it's not Takumi.

Klaymen

Neo Member
Yessssssss

I'm going to miss the sprite art, but the 3D models look really nice.

Aw man, I just remembered that I never finished Apollo Justice. Gotta get on dat.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Holy Shit! Those screens.

I wish Takumi was a part of this but as long as he's working on something that'll actually make it out I'm glad he's working on something he actually wants to make.

Tookay

That's pretty disconcerting.

The game looks great, but I'm still worried about the writing/plot/pacing.

By most accounts, AAI2 was pretty well received by the people who actually got to play it.

It's not like Takumi is God or anything, considering the plothole-ridden/lacking-in-motivation story of AA4.

Top Bottom