• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

GrizzNKev

Banned
The content and message of his videos are creepy PUA shit, staged or not.

Bold guy seems like a disgusting idiot. All of his videos are, "I'm hot, women want to fuck me, I get what I want, you'd better not question me."

Meanwhile the gofundme is up to $30,000

BY2K

Membero Americo
And so because H3H3 made ONE video making fun of his, he's suing him.

I'm not a fan of H3H3 but that's fucked.

Fat4all

Banned
His idealised social interactions are very weird and sinister. If he was just socially inept or oblivious, that would be different.

At the very least he's not bothering people he's not paying by yelling "SLAAAAAAAMMIIIINNNN'!!!" in the streets, but that's only a small consolation.

Fat4all

Banned
There's a lot of people who like H3H3, that's for sure. It's nice to see people coming together to support them, even if they don't donate anything.

if i'm seeing this correctly the youtubers that have donated so far are not the one's who will lose the most if the fair use defense crumbles.

Aiii

So not worth it
if i'm seeing this correctly the youtubers that have donated so far are not the one's who will lose the most if the fair use defense crumbles.
Every YouTuber loses if this case sets a precedent. Including every gaming channel that uses game footage in their videos.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
At the very least he's not bothering people he's not paying by yelling "SLAAAAAAAMMIIIINNNN'!!!" in the streets, but that's only a small consolation.

To be fair, his videos are weird but on their own not that bad. If he hadn't done this shit it would be perfectly fine. His videos are decently produced and he clearly puts in effort (more than h3h3 does) and creates original content. Not original content I want to see (Does anyone want to see any video featuring 'horny tony'?), but original content nonetheless.

Every YouTuber loses if this case sets a precedent. Including every gaming channel that uses game footage in their videos.
Yeah youtube is kinda fucked if bold guy wins. What happend to google helping content creators in legal battles? Are they not doing that anymore?

Fat4all

Banned
Is Matt Hoss / Bold Guy wealthy? Can he easily combat a legal defense bought with $40,000 (which Ethan and Hila now have)?

I'm not sure if much is known. If at least had enough money to take on a lawyer, but if he continues with the case it's sure to cost him just as much money as it would cost E&H to defend themselves, but E&H have a large community supporting them financially.

I'm still under the impression that he was trying to scare them off and get some free exposure at the same time, and probably didn't think this is how it would turn out.

I'm still under the impression that he was trying to scare them off and get some free exposure at the same time, and probably didn't think this is how it would turn out.

I'm just wondering if he suddenly doesn't just drop the lawsuit and Ethan and Hila are left with the donated money. Not sure how crowdfunding like this works though.

styl3s

I'm just wondering if he suddenly doesn't just drop the lawsuit and Ethan and Hila are left with the donated money. Not sure how crowdfunding like this works though.
I highly doubt they would keep the money if the lawsuit was dropped that would start a even bigger shit storm.

Fat4all

Banned
For those who haven't seen Philly D's update yet:

WOcRAul.png

The goal has been going up steadily in $5k increments, and they are currently at over $47k raised.

For those who haven't seen Philly D's update yet:

WOcRAul.png

The goal has been going up steadily in $5k increments, and they are currently at over $47k raised.

Amazing.

Also, am I alone in thinking that whenever there's a problem this big on Youtube, it's always up to the fans and users to make things right?

Didn't the CEO of Youtube say that she would be looking into fixing the problems of the various systems they have in place in order to protect Youtubers? Sounded like wind to me.

Fat4all

Banned
Amazing.

Also, am I alone in thinking that whenever there's a problem this big on Youtube, it's always up to the fans and users to make things right?

Didn't the CEO of Youtube say that she would be looking into fixing the problems of the various systems they have in place in order to protect Youtubers? Sounded like wind to me.

I remember that point coming up a lot during the early parts of the WTFU (Where's the Fair Use?) movement. It seems like YouTube/Google very very occasionally will step in for legal reasons, but it seems like it's still very limited in its scope.

They still can't stop things like lawsuits.

Maximo

While its obviously a terrible situation and I hope they pull through its nice that Ethan is getting alot of attention his channel already exploded in the last year but this will surely help alot.

ampere

This and the Jim Sterling lawsuit might have some pretty huge ramifications for fair use

Hopefully ruling in favor of fair use, but never know how courts will interpret it.

I think the very poor drafting of this lawsuit will help H3 though

Maximo

I wonder what Bold Guy is thinking now with all the support he's not getting

He went this far doubt hes very smart and thinking much, H3H3 had ALOT of Youtube friends only a complete idiot or someone so full of himself would put himself out this much over something so petty. How is the guy going to even keep himself afloat with the money this is going to rack up? H3H3 is now fine but this dude is going to crash and burn with only himself to blame.

Top Bottom