• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halloween Overwatch Event Officially Announced / Trailer / Available Now

DNAbro

The sprays are so damn good. Wasn't close enough for anything expensive so I just bought the sprays I wanted.

CugvP3rUIAAMBvx.jpg

Dunfisch

You people with your Mercy skin in the free box, graaaaah :/ .

I also got a Mercy piece. A voiceline about superstitions. Guess getting the actually good stuff is also superstition, eh? EH?

And since Blizzard insists on this RNG lotteryfest yet again, they sure won't see a single cent from me in crates. I seriously doubt I'll get enough currency to buy a legendary Halloween skin either, so whoop-de-doo.

During the summer event I've had the most terrible luck imaginable, getting only piddly sprays and voicelines, with duplicates at that.

The vitriol is real.

Gaffi

Just played my first round of the new Brawl. Holy Hell, that was incredibly fun! I want more like this as a permanent addition to the game
Best way to get them to do that would be playing it alot for their metrics and convinced others to do the same. Really hope they see how well PvE could benefit as a mode.

Ploid 3.0

Best way to get them to do that would be playing it alot for their metrics and convinced others to do the same. Really hope they see how well PvE could benefit as a mode.

I was watching a stream of someone play the hard brawl thing and half expected WOW boss aggro marker ring to show up below it and a all out raid fight. I know Blizzard are itching to do a dungeon next. Just do it. Then I'll be all in lol.

Yeah just put Diablo 4 out.

Ana's sleep is critical to success. Use it on Reaper when he relocates because it is so predictable. Clear the deck and focus on him. Against Roadhog wait until he ults.

Junkrat's HP seems very high, so it seems better to focus on the others first.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Aaand there she is!

Got Witch Mercy in 3rd lootbox.

HELL TO THE YES

jax

Banned
:( this would start the day after I send in my 980 to step up to the 1080.

Does anyone know how to make my onboard GPU take over? I unplugged my GPU abd tried plugging the VGA into the mobo but the screen looks all glitchy :(

Sn4ke_911

I think that mercy skin is pretty common. First free loot box.

Because Blizzard knows how much everyone wants Witch Mercy :p

Ever since this pic people were so hyped for that skin.

CeG_W-_UAAA9vHj.jpg

Spending $80 on loot boxes did not get me everything in the Halloween loot pool, and the skins I was still missing at the end were two epics for Zenyatta and Pharah, and Mercy’s fantastic Witch Legendary skin. However, since my gold total jumped from 6,355 to 11,940 after 100 crates full of many, many duplicates...
One thing I notice is that the loot pool does seem pretty skewed to give you Halloween skins over other, regular skins
Paul Tassi

kaskade

Maybe they upped the drop rates a bit in it? They probably want to make sure people get at least a few of the skins.

MrBlonde

Such a sucker for Halloween and Xmas stuff I might actually drop $40 when I get home tonight even though I haven't played this game in over a month, I do love the game and planned on coming back to it at some point....

Is this live on the Xbox yet? Seems like some have bought loot boxes and didn't get the Halloween ones....I really hope if I buy $40 worth I get most of the skins and at least enough coins to buy one of the 3k ones.

Sn4ke_911

This brawl is a really good training for your Hanzo aim.

Actually it's good for all heroes.

PK Gaming

I see Winston in that moon, and a ghastly bat at the top.

NX should get it. Blizzard most likely want it on anything that can play it well, and probably held out for NX because it's up soon. That's if you're getting a NX.

Oh i'm not a loyalist or anything like that

I just can't afford a PS4/Strong PC atm

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Looks like you can't buy halloween crates on PS4 yet. Also, somehow PSN charged me three times for when I tested buying a pair of normal crates, so I got six instead. Fuck.

Yesss Witch Mercy on my second crate. Anything else is a bonus now.

The Brawl is so great, can see myself going through this a bunch in the next few weeks.

SlickVic

I only want the Mercy skin hope it's as common as people are saying

Haven't played overwatch in a couple months but I'll probably play daily now until I get that.

Gaffi

I was watching a stream of someone play the hard brawl thing and half expected WOW boss aggro marker ring to show up below it and a all out raid fight. I know Blizzard are itching to do a dungeon next. Just do it. Then I'll be all in lol.

Yeah just put Diablo 4 out.
It'd be cool to level up abilities or something in a pve mode. If you ever played Resistance 2 on ps3 it had a coop mode with dedicated roles and upgradeable equipment/abilities. Loved it.

AHK_Hero

I'm so glad they listened to feedback and are making the Halloween items purchasable with coins.

Now I can just enjoy the event without any reservations.

Squire

Banned
I'm hearing good things about the co-op mode, how would you guys rate it?

Five stars.

It's excellent and it's crazy to think it's this fun while being so limited. They could expand this into a real Horde mode and make it the game's third pillar to great success.

Top Bottom