• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Interview With Footage, Probably No Beta [Up: Official Making Of Video]

No more Armor Lock?

OHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAA

Ohhh and cant wait for E3

edit: MORE FOOTAGE TONIGHT?
Tonight 6:30PM ET on #Xplay: Master Chief is back! All NEW Halo 4 footage from @HaloWaypoint. You want it, we’ve got it.

Hm, it would be nice if they had something exclusive, but I doubt it at this point.

I would really love to see the flood in this engine.

(DON'T KILL ME)

But honestly, it makes more sense for them to return as enemies than it does for the covenant to return.
You probably will see the Flood in this engine judging by the books and their implications for Halo Universe. I expect good things from this game, and I really hope as we see more it continues to impress.

Satchel

Banned
how do you guys know marty is composing?

I don't know. I'm guessing based off of Frankie's dodgy non-disclosure.

I'm trying some amateur detective work.

- music sound awesome
- we don't know who is composing
- Frankie won't tell us due to contractual obligation
- Marty is probably still contracted to bungie
- 343 might have used him and are trying to poach him permanently?

Wild speculation I know. But still. Fun

KageMaru

So Frankie, any news when we'll get more info on the engine make up? Would love some details on how you guys were able to pull all this off on the 360.

Edit:

Alan Wake uses deffered rendering and has 4xMSAA with FXAA. Delicious

True, I should have said we're not going to get a full HD game with deferred rendering and 4xMSAA. ;p

ooookay, I have a fan for some reason. Sorry for actually asking questions about the game.

Apologies but when everything you post is trying to pick out negatives, it leaves a bad impression.

Take the following post for example....

In regards to the super clean screens, downsampling. Pretty much what everyone does.

Why would you think he's talking about the screens in a thread specifically about the video and interview (which has video)?

I'm all for customization, but I'm skeptical of anything that effects the balance of the gameplay. I'm very interested to see what you guys are up to.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Hm, it would be nice if they had something exclusive, but I doubt it at this point.

You probably will see the Flood in this engine judging by the books and their implications for Halo Universe. I expect good things from this game, and I really hope as we see more it continues to impress.

we have to see the gravemind. halo 3 was such a cocktease in this regard

- music sound awesome

In the general Halo 4 reveal thread, Frankie pretty much dispelled the idea it's Marty by saying Marty is on a pantheon with the new composer.

Be careful with your wild speculation round here, for some reason people will randomly decide that it's valid enough to be taken as reality.

Conor 419

Banned
In the general Halo 4 reveal thread, Frankie pretty much dispelled the idea it's Marty by saying Marty is on a pantheon with the new composer.

Be careful with your wild speculation round here, for some reason people will randomly decide that it's valid enough to be taken as reality.

Well I heard on twitter that it's Skrillex

Satchel

Banned
Lol, that pic was edited.

Yeah realised just after I posted and couldn't fucked editing.

I'm an idiot. I almost died. Armour lock is one of the most horrific things to ever happen to Halo. Funny thing is, you could tell that in the Beta and yet Bungie kept it.

Portugeezer

Yeah realised just after I posted and couldn't fucked editing.

I'm an idiot. I almost died. Armour lock is one of the most horrific things to ever happen to Halo. Funny thing is, you could tell that in the Beta and yet Bungie kept it.

I think it could have been done right, however it wasn't.

Yeah get rid of it, makes no sense anyway if they were to implement it (wasn't the armour abilities excuse because at that time in the universe they were testing out new weapons/tech; all that fun stuff)

What happened to Neil Davidge composing the announcement trailer being big news? I thought that means he was doing the full game, too.

FyreWulff

- music sound awesome

It's not Marty.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You haven't unlocked a gun yet.
CiCy1.gif

Game looks fantastic. I would do disgusting things to get my handles on some more single player footage, but I have complete faith in 343 to take this series where it needs to go. HYPE.

Petrichor

I honestly think they've missed a trick premiering the game like this as opposed to a cinematic gameplay sequence from the campaign. I know we'll probably get that at E3 as always, but I can't help but think that such a demo will be overshadowed this year by certain other announcements...

Busty

Banned
First the look at HALO 4 and what do I take away from this experience?

Frankie has what appears to be a can of TENNENTS on his desk?!

Ha.

:)

charsace

If you wrote this argument in reference to how bloom and the shooting mechanics work in Shadowrun, I would agree. Reach didn't take it far enough. If you are trying to fight someone with an SMG at close range while using a Rifle in Shadowrun, you will lose almost all of your fights, but it makes sense for the weapon balance.

In Reach, even in close range, a DMR can best an AR a good amount of the time, it's just a sloppy fight. Same goes for 100% bloom DMR vs DMR fights at close to medium range, they are sloppy and inconsistent. Reach tried to go half way with the weapon balance and its implementation of bloom; it doesn't work. Bungie should have gone even further with bloom and the gun mechanics to make it so that the weapons really did have roles or just scrapped it altogether and make it more like previous Halo games. The way Reach handles it is very poor, it sounds good in a forum post or a developer interview, but if you spend some real time playing the game, it's terribly executed.

Agreed. This is why I haven't bought Reach yet because I didn't like how they handled bloom in the beta. They should have went full on shadowrun with it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
First the look at HALO 4 and what do I take away from this experience?

Frankie has what appears to be a can of TENNENTS on his desk?!

Ha.

:)

I did not realize this until I watched the final cut. And it's only there because my can of Special Brew is missing.

Top Bottom