• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 console bundle announced (399)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Some actual photos on the Halo blog. Click to enlarge.

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/07/25/The-Halo-Bulletin-72512.aspx

The Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Console Bundle comes with two exclusive controllers, a standard edition copy of Halo 4, a wired headset, a 320GB hard drive, built-in Wi-Fi, and Xbox LIVE tokens for exclusive Halo 4 in-game and avatar marketplace downloadable content (FOTUS Armor Avatar Costume, In-Game FOTUS Spartan Armor, Avatar Promethean Crawler Prop, In-game LightRifle Skin, In-Game Unique Unicorn Emblem). It is available through your favorite retailer while supplies last, priced at $399.99 (U.S. ERP). The standalone Xbox 360 Halo 4 Limited Edition Wireless Controller, which features the United Nations Space Command (UNSC) emblem on a dark grey translucent body, will include an Avatar T-shirt as exclusive downloadable content and will be priced at $59.99 (U.S. ERP).

image.axd

image.axd

image.axd

image.axd

image.axd

image.axd

image.axd

image.axd

xJavonta

Banned
So ugly.

The Reach console is the best looking console IMO. That matte silver with black accents looks so good.

This console is too busy. Lines everywhere, LEDs; it's a disaster.

Mdk7

Not getting the hate AT ALL.
I seriously think it's sick, and i even might get it.
Waaaay better than the Reach and 3 Editions, IMHO.

rozay

Banned
I would hope the people interested in paying $400 for a 360 in 2012 aren't going to call the next gen systems expensive.

Zwei

I would hope the people interested in paying $400 for a 360 in 2012 aren't going to call the next gen systems expensive.

You're getting a top-notch game, an extra controller, a larger hdd, and some other bullshit included...

...but it's an OK deal if you'd ever consider buying everything separately.

KageMaru

I like how it's translucent, but I agree with the others that it's too busy. Maybe it looks better in person, who knows.

You're getting a top-notch game, an extra controller, a larger hdd, and some other bullshit included...

...but it's an OK deal if you'd ever consider buying everything separately.

It should still be cheaper though. The last proper price drop for the 360 was in 2008, it's insane to go this long without another one. Hopefully if Sony undercuts their price by $50 as rumored, that'll kick some sense into MS.

dmshaposv

Why would they go from slick matte finishes and minimalistic design (screams premium) to tacky translucent and sticker/decals?

Are they still selling this as a premium product?

matmanx1

So ugly.

The Reach console is the best looking console IMO. That matte silver with black accents looks so good.

This console is too busy. Lines everywhere, LEDs; it's a disaster.

I disagree. I think it looks so much better in those shots than in the initial reveal. I think the Reach console was certainly cleaner looking but I like this one about as well overall. The smoky translucence is a nice touch.

HoodWinked

didnt realize it was transparent thats pretty fucking awesome.

but on the other hand. the power/eject sounds are so bad. :(

Bsigg12

These pictures look much better than the press shots. I knew it was transparent, but the press shots didn't do the console or controllers justice. Now, you can really get what they were going after, and it looks fantastic.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
New pics make it look MUCH better, but I still don't like the aesthetic. Glad some folks like it.

coldfoot

Banned
reach 360 + R2D2 controller is the best 360. Second place is the plain 360S, and everything else is fugly.
Still, could be worse:
ps3-novo-anatel-hero.jpg

Muffdraul

I'd never buy a special edition game-specific console, I'm content to admire them from afar. Most of them don't do anything for me. My original 360 RROD'd two days after Halo Reach came out, and within minutes I was at the nearest Best Buy picking up a replacement. They had a huge stack of Reach 360s, I didn't even consider it for a second. Went home with a black slim.

This Halo 4 one is pretty damn fugly. That's what makes it so great! Controllers are a different story, I do buy special editions of those when I feel like it. When I play Halo 4, I'll be holding this fugly ass controller.

EDIT: I just noticed that there are actually two controller designs, one that comes with the console and one stand-alone. The stand-alone one looks way worse. Damn.

thinktnk

Neo Member
I'm honestly more interested in the controllers than the console.

Side note, the custom console sounds are horrendous.

JimiNutz

Banned
Im so torn on this...
On the one hand it is overly flashy and tacky looking...yet I can't stop looking at it and my inner child loves it.

It's so over the top but the visible innards, blue LEDs and crazy lines/patterns somehow make it work.

It's hard to explain, it looks cheesy, but awesome at the same time.
I think I want it.

I like the translucency, but I think this thing just looks too tacky. =/

Its too bad, because there are a wealth of forerunner designs and styles that would have looked great and minimalistic on a 360. Seems to be a missed opportunity not to go full Forerunner or Promethean with this 360, it just seems like a translucent console with some "cool looking" decals slapped on.

Reserved and payed off (at GameStop... I hate them too but I want it at midnight and they are in walking distance.)

It got pretty expensive, but it will be worth it :)

Halo 4 UNSC Controller 65
Limited Edition game 99
Limited Edition Halo 4 Console 399

The only downside to this is the game is standard edition, and it comes with two of the same controller, not one of each design. I'm buying the limited edition of the game as well and turning in my standard from the box for credit towards it.

I'm also buying the stand alone controller. So if anyone is interested I'm going to sell one of the two that come with the console.

Super excited. My luanch console is prob on its last legs (lucky it still works no RRoD yet), either way I want HDMI and my HDD is maxed out. So I need a new 360.

I wonder if MS will sell consoles sounds next gen.

Fuuuck, I hope not. I would end up buying so many of them. Oh man.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Unboxing Video

It looks sooooo much better when you can look at it from a few angles, and let the light catch the transparency.

Xamdou

Unboxing Video

It looks sooooo much better when you can look at it from a few angles, and let the light catch the transparency.

Wow the eject button sound effect sounds cool! So translucent sides and the overall design looks amazing! I would get one if the next gen xbox wasn't coming out next year.

Fjordson

God damn. The design is a bit busy, but I think it looks awesome. Really wish I could justify buying this (just got the newest slim last Christmas) =[

Top Bottom