• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

This, along with the weapon tuning for H4, is promising news.

I'm ready to hear about Legendary Slayer any time now.

Me too! I'd love all the great work done in Slayer Pro etc to mash up with a restricted Infinity and bring back the classic radar = ON gameplay.

Also Frankie or David could you confirm this 1080P statement from Eurogamer about Halo Xbox One?

"Halo Xbox One" due next year, runs in 1080p at 60fps

Seance

Banned
the player needs and wants, the engine, our own team and our mistakes and our strengths.

:(

This is a lesson that should have been learned pre-Reach. Better late than never i suppose. 60fps halo5 on dedicated servers......I might get the bone when Halo is launched. Hopefully the price is slashed by then...

Madness

Wzk7tSU.jpg

This image says it all. But I hate the fact Sony requires you to pay for multiplayer. I'll probably stick with XBOne simply because of the games I guess and the controller.

Free online was a great motivator to pick Sony, but I'd rather just stick with Xbox then.

CliQ

You guys are crazy to consider xbone after everything they threw at us. DRM sucks first of all and i dont really care about used games but I do like trading them in at my local game store (which isn't gamestop). Plus, Halo isn't the deal breaker for me anymore. Did any of you see The Division?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqtJnq0fyXo

Microsoft is trying to ride on Halo and Call of Duty and it's not going to work this time. As far as the controller it's almost exactly like the xbox controller except they have the joystick and dpad swapped.

Oh yeah and Destiny is on Ps4 with exclusive content.

Edit for better quality video for The Division

Ramirez

You guys are crazy to consider xbone after everything they threw at us. DRM sucks first of all and i dont really care about used games but I do like trading them in at my local game store (which isn't gamestop). Plus, Halo isn't the deal breaker for me anymore. Did any of you see The Division?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqtJnq0fyXo

Microsoft is trying to ride on Halo and Call of Duty and it's not going to work this time. As far as the controller it's almost exactly like the xbox controller except they have the joystick and dpad swapped.

Oh yeah and Destiny is on Ps4 with exclusive content.

Edit for better quality video for The Division

Wrap it up boys, it's over!

Computer

Wzk7tSU.jpg

This image says it all. But I hate the fact Sony requires you to pay for multiplayer. I'll probably stick with XBOne simply because of the games I guess and the controller.

Free online was a great motivator to pick Sony, but I'd rather just stick with Xbox then.

Didn't Microsoft say most of this is up to the Dev to decide? I feel in my gut that Sony is just playing with words and saying all the right things the right way and not telling the entire truth. MS would not break their back to stop used games if Sony was not going to.

You its for Xbox One as well right? Sony showed almost all mutiplat games and acted like they were all exclusives. Most fell for it im sure. Not to mention the damn console locked up and crashed on live TV. Funny no one on GAF will talk about that. It should be a deal breaker.

CliQ

Didn't Microsoft say most of this is up to the Dev to decide? I feel in my gut that Sony is just playing with words and saying all the right things the right way and not telling the entire truth. MS would not break their back to stop used games if Sony was not going to.

You its for Xbox One as well right? Sony showed almost all mutiplat games and acted like they were all exclusives. Most fell for it im sure. Not to mention the damn console locked up and crashed on live TV. Funny no one on GAF will talk about that. It should be a deal breaker.

It is for xbone but my point is why would you consider paying more money for a console that is technically less powerful and is going to restrict you so much.

DeadNames

Banned
It is for xbone but my point is why would you consider paying more money for a console that is technically less powerful and is going to restrict you so much.

It all boils down to games for me.

And to Xbox One has better to be honest.

Computer

Because I am not into Japanese anime games and that is what their exclusives looked like to me. One other thing the PS4 fails at but no one on GAF mentions. A pay wall for P2P when MS has moved on to dedicated severs for all MP games. Mostly I am a Halo fan boy I will follow where ever it goes.

You guys are right the we Hired Juices should be a reveal trailer of its own.

But really, thanks for listening and finally going 60fps and dedis. Its gunna make Halo a lot smoother of a ride.

CliQ

It all boils down to games for me.

And to Xbox One has better to be honest.

What are the better games?

Gears of war Judgement was a major ripoff in terms of what you got and i'm sure Halo is going to get milked. Im pretty sure Halo is moving into a 2 year development cycle which means it will probably to turn into another cod/madden/battlefield type franchise.

Look at indie games as well. Sony is letting developers self publish. You know all those cool games like Braid, Limbo, and Super Meat Boy? Why don't you go check out there twitters and see what they have to say about Microsoft now. Third party games are going to be on both consoles so that's a mute argument unless you want to go into exclusive content which Sony is going to have with Bungie's new game (yeah that company that made Halo).

Look I know i'm ranting and I probably shouldn't but there is a movement going on here where Microsoft is trying to restrict us and that isn't right. Sony does have a lot of great exclusives (Uncharted. God of War, The last of us, and even older games on PS2 like Shadow of the Colossus) so don't write them off. I'm telling you Sony is going to be the way to go. Plus its cheaper.

Also, I would be really pissed if XBL went down for some reason and I couldn't play my games (or pickup from a save spot) because I had to be connected. Think about it before you spend $500 and $60 a year for online service.

OH btw get trolled xbone https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Playstation 4 for me It hurts, cause I love my 360.. but yeah, $100 cheaper, 100% more powerful and no anti-consumer DRM policies. Easy choice.

Xbox One, Ill be back for you some other time when you're cheaper and have Halo.

incorrect. He is deliberately masking his appearance. And that is all you're getting.

hmmm

Ellis is such a tease!

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2013/06/new-halo-game-is-not-called-halo-5.html?spref=tw

How can we have rampant speculation about the trailer if gaf keeps going down??

I see me.

the player needs and wants, the engine, our own team and our mistakes and our strengths.

Good answer. Can't wait to see more of the future of Halo.

Fotos

I'm really just tuning out all the PS4 news now. The exclusives shown off at E3 for PS4 don't seem that interesting. Can't wait to get Xbox One day One with Dead Rising 3. So excited.

PNut

Banned
I'm telling you Sony is going to be the way to go. Plus its cheaper.

Playstation was good back in the 90's.

I cringed a little when the Sony dude talked about used games, no online check and the price. He paused and waited for an applause each time. Lol.

Fotos

Playstation was good back in the 90's.

I cringed a little when the Sony dude talked about used games, no online check and the price. He paused and waited for an applause each time. Lol.

Microsoft seems like Apple and Sony seems like Samsung. Microsoft just does their own thing and makes their own console. Sony just wants to make points showing how bad the Xbox is.

Like those stupid Samsung Galaxy S4 commercials that constantly talk shit about the iPhone.

You people and your "im not buying the one" crap.

Tell me how you feel next week. I bet everyone of you will have a sudden change of heart.

Also I laugh at anyone calling the Xb1 anti-consumer, when Steam does the same. Yes.. yes I get it you buy cheap games on steam. It does not change the fact that the DRM system is almost exactly the same.
sup

xb1 still looks as unappealing as it did last week lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You guys are right the we Hired Juices should be a reveal trailer of its own.

But really, thanks for listening and finally going 60fps and dedis. Its gunna make Halo a lot smoother of a ride.

who are you and what have you done with the guy we were supposed to hire?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Gears of war Judgement was a major ripoff in terms of what you got and i'm sure Halo is going to get milked. Im pretty sure Halo is moving into a 2 year development cycle which means it will probably to turn into another cod/madden/battlefield type franchise.

Look at indie games as well. Sony is letting developers self publish. You know all those cool games like Braid, Limbo, and Super Meat Boy? Why don't you go check out there twitters and see what they have to say about Microsoft now. Third party games are going to be on both consoles so that's a mute argument unless you want to go into exclusive content which Sony is going to have with Bungie's new game (yeah that company that made Halo).

Look I know i'm ranting and I probably shouldn't but there is a movement going on here where Microsoft is trying to restrict us and that isn't right. Sony does have a lot of great exclusives (Uncharted. God of War, The last of us, and even older games on PS2 like Shadow of the Colossus) so don't write them off. I'm telling you Sony is going to be the way to go. Plus its cheaper.

Also, I would be really pissed if XBL went down for some reason and I couldn't play my games (or pickup from a save spot) because I had to be connected. Think about it before you spend $500 and $60 a year for online service.

OH btw get trolled xbone https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

this is weird even for GAF.

Madness

Simple, Sony is charging for online. $60 a year. XbOne is $499 but comes with a free year of Gold.

Truthfully price is $399 for PS4, to $439 for XbOne.

But with XbOne you get Kinect as well whereas you have to pay to get the PS Eye.

I hate Microsoft policies and I made my point clear, but at the end, it came down to games and price. If XbOne was $399-$449 it'd be a no brainer, but $499 made me pause. Sony announces $399 but now charges $60 a year for PSN and the PS4 eye is an add on.

At this point, I feel XbOne has the greater exclusives and games, and I'd rather just continue with xbox then. The controller is another big factor. I've always hated the DualShock, don't know how I'll like it.

Begrudgingly I have to pick XbOne at this time. Especially now that 343 has their head out of the sand with regards to what makes Halo fun. They've already promised a Halo 3 type system ranked/social as making the most sense. Add in the fact they've realized instant respawn doesn't really work, loadouts should be limited or removed, that slayer pro is really popular, dedicated servers and 60 fps next gen? Damn.

TCKaos

who are you and what have you done with the guy we were supposed to hire?

He's sobered up and more cooperative.

You guys and Halo are the only reason I'm considering getting an Xbox ONE. Please make my potential purchase justified.

Obscured

Simple, Sony is charging for online. $60 a year. XbOne is $499 but comes with a free year of Gold.

But with XbOne you get Kinect as well whereas you have to pay to get the PS Eye.

I hate Microsoft policies and I made my point clear, but at the end, it came down to games and price. If XbOne was $399-$449 it'd be a no brainer, but $499 made me pause. Sony announces $399 but now charges $60 a year for PSN and the PS4 eye is an add on.

At this point, I feel XbOne has the greater exclusives and games, and I'd rather just continue with xbox then. The controller is another big factor. I've always hated the DualShock, don't know how I'll like it.

Begrudgingly I have to pick XbOne at this time. Especially now that 343 has their head out of the sand with regards to what makes Halo fun. They've already promised a Halo 3 type system ranked/social as making the most sense. Add in the fact they've realized instant respawn doesn't really work, loadouts should be limited or removed, that slayer pro is really popular, dedicated servers and 60 fps next gen? Damn.

I'm in much the same boat. I'm actually planning on picking up both consoles at some point, so my main choice is what do I start with. I hadn't heard a year of live was included. Still haven't decided, but leaning xb1 right now. I get why some are against the drm and entertainment options, but for me it fits how I use and want to use it.

I was not aware that the Xbox One comes with a year of Live Gold. Where did you hear that?

After the conferences, I guess I'm jumping in for Xbox early.

Halo: Prince of Persia Edition... well we will see, but damn am I not at least a little teased ;) (dedis and 60fps oh my!) Most of my close circle of gaming friends are in agreement, so PS4 will probably be a mid gen pickup for me. And there's no way I'm paying for online on two systems. To be honest, Destiny and The Division are now my two anticipated titles, along with BF4, Watch Dogs, The Crew, and now TitanFall (lots of shooters, damn).

Hopefully BUILD will have some more info on the other half of Xbox One, the app/OS ecosystem.

Madness

Never mind, was given erroneous information from gaming side. Xbox Live isn't free with the Xbox One $499 sku. Supposedly it only comes with a limited edition controller, packaging, achievement and some dlc for games. Only 14 day limited trial.

willow ve

Never mind, was given erroneous information from gaming side. Xbox Live isn't free with the Xbox One $499 sku. Supposedly it only comes with a limited edition controller, packaging, achievement and some dlc for games. Only 14 day limited trial.

A free year of Gold would almost make the XBONE worth the $499 price IF they said the free game downloads would extend into the future.

As of today all you get is the console (with added Kinect and TV tax included!), no games, no live, and no Halo at launch. At this point it's probably needless to say that there will be some glitches, bugs, etc. in the system that will be frustrating for day one purchases. I think a lot of HaloGAF will hold off for those reasons. Personally I'm hoping the price drops before the new Halo game and/or there are seasonal bundles that throw in Titanfall or Sunset Overdrive (but let's be srs - it'll be Ryse and/or Forza).

There is still a lot left unsaid or unexplained about the new console as well as the new Halo.

I don't think any of us will be fooled by a BR GIF debut on Conan this time around.

Wzk7tSU.jpg

Have fun with your entire XB1 game collection not working after MS shuts down the servers.

Seance

Banned
Get your facts right. Corrine only used Youtube's share function and shared Rev3rb's youtube version for the trailer which they named Halo 5. It wasn't a confirmation.

Facilitating the wider adoption of the Halo 5 moniker is proof enough. Anyway it's definitely Halo 5. What other game involving Master Chief, being released as a bone exclusive, could it be?

Has it been said if the trailer was CG, in-engine or using game assets at all? right now I am thinking it's CG like the old Halo 3 advert stuff.

2014 is a long time away, plenty of time to keep playing halo 4 and wait for the xbone to do something, i'm kind of torn about the console even though I love a lot of 360 exclusives.

Seance

Banned
Has it been said if the trailer was CG, in-engine or using game assets at all? right now I am thinking it's CG like the old Halo 3 advert stuff.

2014 is a long time away, plenty of time to keep playing halo 4 and wait for the xbone to do something, i'm kind of torn about the console even though I love a lot of 360 exclusives.

I'm thinking an in engine cutscene. Starry night trailer still looks "better" IMO.

The €400, the more powerful kit, the indie dev policy and used games policy, make it hard to not support Sony right now.

That being said, I just want to build my pc. I keep putting it off.

God, I cannot wait to get to Seattle and meet some of you folks.

Fuchsdh

I'm surprised Sony can actually sell the PS3 at $399 given the 8GB DDR5--I'm guessing they're willing to take a bath on that part of the equation, and that's a big reason they're moving to multiplayer subscriptions. For Microsoft's part, I think they're basically throwing in a free Live sub at that price--I don't think they'd put it at $499 if they didn't have to. On one hand it does feel like a PS3 moment, but that was A) more expensive, and B) price ultimately didn't have anything to do with how the 360 ended up dominating; if price had been the single factor the Wii would have remained champ the entire time.

Hoping for some Legendary Slayer updates this bulletin since we've got the weapon tuning out of the way. I'm hopeful they just give us Throwdown-like settings and call it default now. And rename Infinity Slayer since it's not an accurate thing now. Also, I'm guessing we're going to be hearing about playlist consolidation soon.™

Madness

I'm surprised Sony can actually sell the PS3 at $399 given the 8GB DDR5--I'm guessing they're willing to take a bath on that part of the equation, and that's a big reason they're moving to multiplayer subscriptions. For Microsoft's part, I think they're basically throwing in a free Live sub at that price--I don't think they'd put it at $499 if they didn't have to. On one hand it does feel like a PS3 moment, but that was A) more expensive, and B) price ultimately didn't have anything to do with how the 360 ended up dominating; if price had been the single factor the Wii would have remained champ the entire time.

Hoping for some Legendary Slayer updates this bulletin since we've got the weapon tuning out of the way. I'm hopeful they just give us Throwdown-like settings and call it default now. And rename Infinity Slayer since it's not an accurate thing now. Also, I'm guessing we're going to be hearing about playlist consolidation soon.™

Sorry once again, I might have contributed to the false info, but XbOne only comes with a 14 day trial for gold. You have to buy Live to use it.

All that comes with the day one edition, is a special decal on the controller, an achievement and some dlc like Forza cars or killer Instinct characters.

Microsoft seems like Apple and Sony seems like Samsung. Microsoft just does their own thing and makes their own console. Sony just wants to make points showing how bad the Xbox is.

Like those stupid Samsung Galaxy S4 commercials that constantly talk shit about the iPhone.
Typical Apple fan ^

Throwdown + radar + the public execution of Infinity Slayer would make Quinn my favorite person in Halo (sorry Frankie).

Top Bottom