• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Tawpgun

Honestly, the trailer was more about the surprise of "WTF THATS CHIEF" versus a hype getter.

It was a cool trailer, but the other reveal trailers got it beat.

Computer

I am already on the Halo 5 hype train. I am such a sucker for Halo. That teaser was great did not expect to see the Chief. I really hope 343 has learned from Halo 4 and what not to do.

incorrect. He is deliberately masking his appearance. And that is all you're getting.

maybe if he's hiding his identity he should take off the giant bulky neon green robot suit that is the only thing everybody knows him by

and not just throw a rag on top

Paradicia

My feels where everywhere when I seen this trailer roll. At first I thought I was looking at an indie game that looked like Journey, then when I seen the robes and hooded figure I was sure it was a new star wars game... then 'BAM' chiefs hand holding dog-tags. Genuinely confused as to why the chief was dressed up like that but I'm guessing its because he's on the run or something to that effect. Great shock factor.

With past halo trailers there was always some sort of tidbit as to what the gameplay would be like with a nod to weapons like the bubble shield in halo 3, the sticky detonator and jetpack in halo 4 but in this I can think of nothing.

Q: Would there be any possibility of the gown the chief was wearing is from some sort of defacto human/insurrectionist type? That'd be awesome if they were introduced as a new enemy or as a group he works with.

I hope it runs at 1080p along with the promised 60fps with news of forza 5 having both.

Trailer got me hyped because of the reveal, but 343 still has to do a lot to gain back my trust. 60 FPS and dedis is a great start. So we'll see how things go. I hope the One's less than excellent aspects don't scare me away from what could be a great halo game.

Wow I have to say I love the trailer and i am super excited for this. loved halo 4, and I'm excited to get my hand on this next year. Now I only wish I had a windows 8 laptop or tablet to play spartan assault.

I really hope we will se another branch of forerunners units and not only this new forerunner machine to be the final boss and more like board the scarab and destroy its core.

JackHerer

I really hope we will se another branch of forerunners units and not only this new forerunner machine to be the final boss and more like board the scarab and destroy its core.

This is what I was thinking. War Sphinx (or whatever it is) to fill the role of the scarab from Halo 3. Halo 4, and Reach didn't have a Scarab or any other large scale enemy to fight so I hope that they bring that type of encounter back with Halo 5.

60 fps and dedis is a good sign. Can't wait to hear more. Was hoping for a H2 anniversary at launch but looks like that won't be happening.

Shadders

gQRpAMX.jpg

HYTJueA.jpg

pp7GhD5.jpg

lPx5Pg2.jpg

Awesome style and tone. So good.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
CG stuff was Halo 5...

Halo name and info provided by Bonnie was across Halo franchise.

Halo 5 not the Halo game releasing next year.

That's my speculation

Also, seeing an E3 conference in person is soooo much better than on TV. Wow. Sound was incredible, when it worked.

TCKaos

The chip gave me feelings.
The chip shouldn't exist because it was dissolved in the terminal.

The Chief has been on a drunken mourning escapade, roaming the galaxy, drinking an immeasurable amount of alcohol, weeping everywhere he goes. That's how he got the poncho and cracked visor.

Madness

I knew they'd announce Halo 5 this year for next year release. No way they'd wait till 2015 to launch a new game.

But why was Chief wearing tattered robes? The guy is wearing Mjolnir armor lol.

What did the Librarian do to him? Disobeying higher ranked officers, getting all emotional, etc.

incorrect. He is deliberately masking his appearance. And that is all you're getting.
Not said to Frankie per say but surely there's a better way? It doesn't seem very effective.
Unless he is hiding amongst Sanghelli who are also dressed like that? He's a stealthy walking tank.

Is it a case of him trying to merge into the sand? That showing him being stealthy (rather than stomping through the sand) wouldn't make for a good trailer?

Oh my, that was a damned nice reveal trailer for Halo 5. I am excited, must not board the over-hype train just yet.

A darker Halo 5 with 60fps and dedicated servers is keeping me very happy indeed. Haters go ahead and hate but I'm already feeling this next gen Halo is going to be far and away the best multiplayer hands down. Especially for me from Australia and irrespective of the playlists variety or launch mechanics. I'll just be happy to be on solid networking this time and not USA host.

Any 343i staff reading this please put in a good word for Melbourne, Australia servers, thanks.

You realize, there are these things... called playlists.

Team Throwdown exists, as does Slayer Pro. If you have a group together online, you can pretty much get whatever you want.

The focus on all that extra has effected the basic core. Perhaps if they can focus correctly.

However, Halo should be making strides to remain the same game with additional features. Like everyone can get the new Halo and instantly know all about it, but hey upgraded graphics, new features, like a EA sports game type for instance.

Noone gets bored of slaying people on good maps. Halo CE and 2 and 3 proved that.

The focus on all that extra has effected the basic core. Perhaps if they can focus correctly.

However, Halo should be making strides to remain the same game with additional features. Like everyone can get the new Halo and instantly know all about it, but hey upgraded graphics, new features, like a EA sports game type for instance.

Noone gets bored of slaying people on good maps. Halo CE and 2 and 3 proved that.

It was a major 343i mistake in development by not including classic arena Halo at launch. Now take a look at the level of xbox competition between say Halo 3 and Halo 4.

TioWJNw.png

That is over 700% increase in the number of competing xbox titles from 2005 (Halo 3 release) to 2012 (Halo 4 release).

I agree with what you say for some playlists but I also want progress/innovations in other playlists or gametypes too. I get bored of slayer fairly quickly hence why I loved Halo 3 with ranked objective focused on flag/bomb.

Relax Halo 5 will have more focus on such key playlists as classic arena style.

Fuchsdh

Yeah I doubt we're getting Halo 5 until 2015. Still interesting to give us something to chomp at while we wait.

I do hope they sort of slow down the media releases, though. Less, more focused and polished releases (talking books, comics, as well as games) would be more likely to make me part with my coin anyhow.

daedalius

I totally agree.

This is a first.

Madness

Yeah I doubt we're getting Halo 5 until 2015. Still interesting to give us something to chomp at while we wait.

I do hope they sort of slow down the media releases, though. Less, more focused and polished releases (talking books, comics, as well as games) would be more likely to make me part with my coin anyhow.

I still say 2014. They just showed us Master Chief and saying it'll be out in 2014 most likely. Don't forget Halo 4 was revealed at E3 2011 and released November 2012.

2015 is missing the boat in my opinion. You're going to see Destiny, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, Titanfall, within a year. The way Battlefield and Call of Duty are releasing games, you might see another release before 2015 as well.

I'm curious what Bonnie said after though. Maybe some kind of multiplayer using dedi's and 60 fps?

Here is my current list of facts so far. I'm keeping this up to date on HaloWaypoint thread "Nothing But Unbiased Facts".

1. Watch the teaser trailer (2mins 14 secs).

2. The award winning franchise continues on Xbox One, beginning in 2014. Confirmed by HaloWaypoint & David Ellis on twitter. Also confirmed in the video hosted on Waypoint.

3. Final title to be announced at a later date, written on HaloWaypoint under the reveal video.

4. Dedicated servers confirmed.

5. 60 frames per second (fps) confirmed.

6. Master Chief masking his appearance on purpose with a cloth cloak, confirmed by Frankie on NeoGAF.

7. Halo 5 confirmed by Corrine Yu on Twitter.

8. John has the same Halo 4 armour, now has a crack in the right side of visor.

9. Empty Cortana data chip in John's hand.

10. Red planet fairly close in skybox of video.

11. Massive Forerunner-looking robot comes to the surface (possibly a War Sphynx?)

12. Strange shadows cast when logos are shown at the end.

I'm enjoying all the Halo content and a more rapid release schedule. Bungie always seemed to be very long in the tooth. I still love them a ton though. I've been saying for a while that Halo 4 was a development stop gap until next gen Halo and all the redevelopment was really preparing for Halo 5/next gen. I don't see this rushed at all as I feel like this rapid schedule has been building for the last 5 years or so inside 343i anyhow.

Top Bottom