• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Omni

Wait. Is Palmer ONI specifically?

ttc5.png

I haven't really paid too much attention to post Halo 3 timeline stuff aside from Halo 4 (nor have I read the latest book yet) but the ONI logo makes me think it's Naomi or something. /wild speculation

Woorloog

Banned
If 343i isn't revealing who the other Spartan is at E3, i bet Halo 2 Anniversary will foreshadow, and perhaps even reveal info about Halo 5.
Just like Halo Anniversary did, where it was practically outright stated the Didact is alive and the Prometheans would be antagonists in Halo 4.

Shadders

ttc5.png

I haven't really paid too much attention to post Halo 3 timeline stuff aside from Halo 4 (nor have I read the latest book yet) but the ONI logo makes me think it's Naomi or something. /wild speculation

Makes sense, actually. The Spartan IVs are definitely UNSC. Whereas the Kilo-Five stuff is all ONI.

I'm worried.
I think I'll take my H2A and run.
Remember Halo 5: guardians 2015
We were promised a game this year which will be H2A.

I want more info, to much doubt and confusion. If that's Palmer I'm sorry I'm out.

Mix

So what is the general consensus on this with you guys? Honestly, I don't think there is enough information in the reveal to really judge. Has there been anything else posted besides the reveal? Or is all the "play as a custom spartan" shit speculation?

Woorloog

Banned
So what is the general consensus on this with you guys? Honestly, I don't think there is enough information in the reveal to really judge. Has there been anything else posted besides the reveal? Or is all the "play as a custom spartan" shit speculation?

Of course it is speculation. We know nothing about the game. We can make some guesses about the cover though: New Spartan, almost certainly a protagonist of some kind, works for ONI, there will be a desert setting, BR and AR return.

We have one picture that's all .
Really we already knew all this from the leaks the only difference now is we have confirmation

Oh and a picture that will haunt us till E3.

Blueblur1

No other info so honestly I'm going to sit back and wait before I get excited. Hopefully we'll get more than some reveal trailer but who am I kidding? All we'll get at E3 is a reveal trailer with very little gameplay or information. It'll probably be a full year before we see real gameplay and get multiplayer details. So basically if you were disappointed by Halo 4 there's no point in getting excited for Halo 5 until next year's E3.

monome

ttc5.png

Naomi being Oni's dog does nto make much sense.

Palmer and her bad blood with Halsey does.

Mix

I'm wondering if that isn't the new Chief design reflecting the lower older Chief?

This could be interesting, but considering SPOILERS:
That chief is rogue in Halo Escalations (at least by issue 7)
I would expect that this is someone sent from ONI to take the Master Chief EITHER home OR take him out as he is no longer subordinate of the UNSC.
And I am pretty sure that is not a female. I think it'll be a dual character story in the same vein as Halo 2, and that at some point in the game this guy has to decided if he kills the chief or joins him to help him get Cortana back.

I don't know, speculation is what it is.

I don't think so, the hips and legs suggest it's a lady spartan.

No they don't? look at Chief's build, it's almost exactly the same.

ttc5.png

That close-up ruins my first thought of the top image being Chief's new Forerunner armor. I really hope it's not Palmer, or at least not the Palmer that was written in Halo 4.

cool.

Caayn

Naomi being Oni's dog does nto make much sense.

Palmer and her bad blood with Halsey does.
Why not? She can get a long with Serin Osman, she isn't one of the folks who likes Halsey, she arrested Halsey before in front of her fellow Spartan IIs and IIIs.

Really hope that it's not going to be Palmer or a human/robot Cortana plot twist.

Mix

That close-up ruins my first thought of the top image being Chief's new Forerunner armor. I really hope it's not Palmer, or at least not the Palmer that was written in Halo 4.

cool.

you know what? This could totally be Chief's Mark VII MJOLNIR armor. It could work out to be exactly that...
Yeah, they share a lot of mannerisms, their hands are totally the same.

Madness

you know what? This could totally be Chief's Mark VII MJOLNIR armor. It could work out to be exactly that...

His armor was already cracked and broken. Maybe he gets a new suit and the blue light can be whatever the Sphinx does for him/Cortana/some kind of precursor or forerunner thing. How many people do you think knew about Halo 5: Guardians? Bonnie seemed to be wanting to make sure she released the info. before Ryan from IGN did. CBoaT got it right too.

Fuchsdh

First thoughts :

Don't like the cover.
I hope they'll have another one by then.

Chief looks great.

Better not be Palmer.
Two main characters would be good though.

On one hand the cover does have the sort of generic "walking towards the camera" vibe smashed with a little bit of Fable, but I think it's better done then those covers ("why not have random orange ELECTRICITY? said marketing") so I'm not complaining. It would also lend itself well to the more graphic cover I'll make for it myself :)

Pls not be Palmer, why not use fucking Blue team 343...

But BR and AR confirmed with the boxart

There's no problem with Palmer that can't be fixed with stronger writing. And as for Blue Team, whynothaveboth.gif

Isn't it that same desert place Chief was walking in the trailer? I just want to know why call it Halo 5: Guardians instead of Halo: Guardians.

I think they will keep the numbers so people know it's part of the "main" game series as opposed to spinoffs with just the colon. As long as Chief is the star of Halo 5-6, etc, it makes sense.

Makes sense, actually. The Spartan IVs are definitely UNSC. Whereas the Kilo-Five stuff is all ONI.

But Naomi is still Navy.

So is ONI annexing or building its own Spartans, is an interesting question. That'd be one more step for the evil subempire.

Most interesting choice to me is have the unknown character top with Chief reflected rather than vice versa.

monome

Chief with ONI badge? lol.

that legs gap is 100% confirmation there is a pussy in that suit.

If Cortana why bother with confort zones betwwen plates when it's 100% mechanical inside?

Palmer features in Halo 4. Naomi does not.
Palmer shot Halsey. That's a bigger feat than featuring in Traviss books.
The Chief going rogue while Plamer moves towards ONI is the sort of cheap narrative implied by that cover.

Late to the announcement party.

Not Palmer eh? Hmm. Guess my :
Chief kills a fellow Spartan, disobeying direct order, much drama. On second thoughts I could go for that possibility is dead, they both are likely "Guardians".

The title worries me a bit as to what it might imply. Wonder if cboat's tease was more than skin deep. Probably not.

I have mixed feelings, but it is nice to see new stuff (and more time taken), so roll on E3. I do hope we get a trailer to understand what they're going for.

Mix

Chief with ONI badge? lol.

that legs gap is 100% confirmation there is a pussy in that suit.

If Cortana why bother with confort zones betwwen plates when it's 100% mechanical inside?

Palmer features in Halo 4. Naomi does not.
Palmer shot Halsey. That's a bigger feat than featuring in Traviss books.
The Chief going rogue while Plamer moves towards ONI is the sort of cheap narrative implied by that cover.

Chief doesn' have a thigh gap?
2362662-halo_4.jpg

It's not Palmer and it is not a girl.

BAM!

Woorloog

Banned
Excellent. Now can you guys stop complaining?

Yup. And apparently it is confirmed it isn't Cortana either.
So it is good.
Now, all i need is some gameplay, and some more incentive to get Xbone. Not getting yet another console just for Halo, have done that twice now...

Top Bottom