• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Fuchsdh

Sandbox balance as it stands is fine imo. Storm Rifle maybe wants a tweak but it's not game breaking.

4 shot pistol would be daft.

It is pretty fun to play with the OG pistol in customs though. Would hate it in matchmaking but it's damn satisfying to use and sounds great, even as it looks bizarre and out of place in its original simple designed glory :)

Mix

It's pretty rare for a Halo OT to actually hit 20,000 posts before the new OT goes up. I think one of them went up like 20 pages early once.

BraXzy

Crossposting from HBO, since I thought this was ridiculous: http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1212672

Making an engineer cosplay. Looks pretty impressive thus far, probably gonna' look goofy with some guy's legs sticking out of it. :)

Only just spotted this. That's pretty insane. And quite out of the box as far as character's go, I'd never even think to do an Engineer.

If you spot any updates for that, bring them our way :D

OT3 went before 20k

Or not. I'm not a reliable source

Only because I was coerced into it last minute xD

1/5 community threads suffers from premature OT. If you and your buddies/frenemies/sworn foes suffers from premature OT, contact your doctor about Wubsyis©.

Known side effects include rash, diarahhea, headache, compost toes, pepto-bismal, Wahrer Face, baldness, G0SU disorder, constipation, noodle arms, restless head syndrome, nausea, Swordbase, hiccuping, whatever the hell's wrong with the Destiny OT, and death.

Back in the days of "Classic "HaloGAF""™ people (Booties) would post OTs like 20 pages early because they didn't want actual quality OTs to get submitted because halo is dad.

Fuchsdh

Haven't played Halo in aaaages, been too busy working.

What's the verdict on Tyrant? Seems decent from what I've seen.

Only got a game on it. I think I'd like it a little more without the sun glare setting (Monolith still reads far better in terms of locating where you are) but it seems fine, and it's nice to have another non-human map.

BraXzy

Only got a game on it. I think I'd like it a little more without the sun glare setting (Monolith still reads far better in terms of locating where you are) but it seems fine, and it's nice to have another non-human map.

Hopefully a trend that continues.

The constant requests for maps on non-UNSC maps with screens from the campaign spaces breaks my heart.

Fuchsdh

Hopefully a trend that continues.

The constant requests for maps on non-UNSC maps with screens from the campaign spaces breaks my heart.

Sanghelios is certainly a huge gaping "wait really" question, especially since both the Cloud City-cum-Kamino city of Sunaion and the rustic environments offer a lot of visual variety and contrast.

BraXzy

Sanghelios is certainly a huge gaping "wait really" question, especially since both the Cloud City-cum-Kamino city and the rustic environments offer a lot of visual variety and contrast.

It made me chuckle that it will be featured in KI3 before H5.

I still can't believe how many maps have been human themed. I'm just surprised no one looked at the stuff in production for maps and thought wait, where's the diversity. Maybe there's a bunch more just waiting for finishing touches. They have also said they've taken feedback on board with regards to map settings so who knows.

Sanghelios is certainly a huge gaping "wait really" question, especially since both the Cloud City-cum-Kamino city of Sunaion and the rustic environments offer a lot of visual variety and contrast.

Yeah, having a thing done like the ruins/canyons and one set in Tsunaion seems like a REALLY OBVIOUS setting. Hopefully still en route.

awww man RIP IN PEPPERONIS OT3

feels-bad-man-template.jpg

on to the new age I guess

We need a covenant Warzone map and some move Covie Arena maps. Forerunner is just as bad though. We have 2 arena maps for each (Truth, Regret, Coliseum and Tyrant).

Fuchsdh

what are average mission times on legendary? any tips for the achievements?

Blue Team missions are a bit longer than the Osiris ones. Can probably get through it on Legendary in 12 hours or fewer, depending on your skill and if you're playing co-op.

Trueachievements has some pretty solid guides for each achievement, and if you want to arrange sessions for co-op they've got a mechanism for doing that too.

1/5 community threads suffers from premature OT. If you and your buddies/frenemies/sworn foes suffers from premature OT, contact your doctor about Wubsyis©.

Known side effects include rash, diarahhea, headache, compost toes, pepto-bismal, Wahrer Face, baldness, G0SU disorder, constipation, noodle arms, restless head syndrome, nausea, Swordbase, hiccuping, whatever the hell's wrong with the Destiny OT, and death.

Watch your Tounge peasent! Repent and your sins shall be washed clean! Washed as if a plasma gernade was shot onto your neck area to provide you a plasma necklace of some sort. and im going really off on a tanget cause im too hype for OT4.

better use my title i made up too. its too good like the exploding pee ball turret everyone neglects.

God no. At that point you're getting into a vicious cycle of "speed up TTK on precision weapons, makes automatics pointless unless you speed up TTK" that leads inevitably into "I see I shoot you're dead before you can react."

Right now I feel like if I get killed by a BR when I'm using an AR or vice versa, it's because I didn't engage properly or didn't land my shots, not that they were using the superior weapon.
Let it be known that I'm okay with the sandbox in its current form, and I agree that trying to make any serious changes would probably do more harm than good. But having said that I do feel like a precision weapon should be superior simply by the higher difficulty to use factor. Making every single weapon equally potent just for the sake of being equal really irks me.

You forgot spontaneous decapitation.

I think it took me 8 hours on my solo legendary run, though that was my first playthrough and I was stopping to smell the roses. If you already played it and know what you're doing it should take around 5 hours. I spent an 45 minutes on the 3 warden fight, as I didn't know about the skip.

Blue Team missions are a bit longer than the Osiris ones. Can probably get through it on Legendary in 12 hours or fewer, depending on your skill and if you're playing co-op.

Trueachievements has some pretty solid guides for each achievement, and if you want to arrange sessions for co-op they've got a mechanism for doing that too.

thanks,
the lack of reqs or unlockables makes me unmotivated to beat the campaign. also dont want to fight the fucking wardens again,

Top Bottom