• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - Campaign Overview (October 25th - 6am PT / 9am ET / 3pm CET)

cormack12

Gold Member
After one year, it's time to show off these improvements

OfficialQueasyAlleycat-max-1mb.gif

I'm more interested in the game/story/gameplay/world over the improvements from last year to this year. Best of luck 343, hope Infinite fires up for campaign as it did multiplayer.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I want to see how open the levels are. Im not convinced its an open world, rather a series of open levels similar to silent cartographer or the first crysis game

TBiddy

That compression is terrible. Jesus christ.

But the scale of this game looks amazing. And so does the game, even with this shit compression.

Kiraly

Looks like a marked improvement over last year's showing but still nothing mindblowing. That's alright, game was ridiculously fun in the beta and that's what matters.

CuNi

I was absolutely hyped, until they showed Bosses with Health bars and what looked like a RPG Skill-Mechanic.
Also, this "Outpost" thing aka "Clear Silos!" looked like a straight Ripoff from Just Cause to me.
Liked the Battlefield 2042 nod though.

I love everything Halo and will Day-1 this, but it feels like this just continues the downwards trend in gameplay and Story that 343 has been riding on since Halo 4.
Graphics looked way better than first reveal though.

cormack12

Gold Member
That compression is terrible. Jesus christ.

But the scale of this game looks amazing. And so does the game, even with this shit compression.

Tell me about it. Why didn't they just upload at 4k then publish instead of livestream ffs. Can tell they've followed the ubi template a lot and I agree with the person who compared it to Far Cry and maybe a little Just Cause in there. However, looks like a fun campaign to co-op so in like Flynn. Probably just fuck about in the sandbox until co-op is added like.

Lognor

Banned
That looks great!

Are there rpg elements in this? Looks like it with the upgrade bit. First I've heard of this.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Looks like an improvement for sure. Textures definitely still are not as sharp as they are in multiplayer, but thats to be expected given the larger scope

Top Bottom