• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, I got killed by an invisible camper with a shotgun that looks like a pistol which he spawns with. Oh I'm back instantly but I don't see the red X, Where the fuck is the red X?

I see Spartans flying and everyone has a power weapon, Swords, Shotguns and Saws everywhere.

I can see through walls now except for that guy who has a perk to prevent that. Now when I scope my shot is all over the place when I take fire, it was never like this before, oh there is a perk to stop that too.

So let's see which perk I want to equip to make the game feel exactly the way it used to, except its all different to allow for perks.

This is Call Of, er.. Halo

There is pro slayer. But I would like there to be just one primary weapon that everyone has to use. I like the BR, but I've started using the DMR out of necessity. And I get annoyed that the light rifle fire looks just like the binary rifle and laser. Should just be either BR or DMR and maybe something else as a pickup. And since I like the pro slayer settings better than everything else, i wish they would add a pro btb slayer as well as a pro ctf. But they really need to ditch the "Pro" part of the name. It's just a deterrent that makes people think it's for serious players only, which is silly.

What. The. Fuck.

dXczK.gif

CyReN

The reason they are playing Halo Reach is because there is no double team playlist. This idea been in the works for sometime for our live content but with no playlist yet we said screw it and did Reach.

blamite

Apparently I'm the only person who still doesn't really like King of the Hill. I don't mind seeing it go away for a while, but it really sucks that people who enjoy it are getting it taken away. I like that each gametype gets it's own playlist, but if the cost is that gametypes can just get cut like that... It doesn't seem worth it.

There is pro slayer. But I would like there to be just one primary weapon that everyone has to use. I like the BR, but I've started using the DMR out of necessity. And I get annoyed that the light rifle fire looks just like the binary rifle and laser. Should just be either BR or DMR and maybe something else as a pickup. And since I like the pro slayer settings better than everything else, i wish they would add a pro btb slayer as well as a pro ctf. But they really need to ditch the "Pro" part of the name. It's just a deterrent that makes people think it's for serious players only, which is silly.

Yeah I know, there are like 4 people playing it. Its classic Halo with everyone running all over the place with Sprint and different loadouts.

Where is the love story between the vampire didact and Cortana? I know that the Brute shows up in Halo 5 to complete the love triangle. Got to capture that twilight market.

Caja 117

Yeah I know, there are like 4 people playing it. Its classic Halo with everyone running all over the place with Sprint and different loadouts.

And no X on teammates death or a strong indicator of your teammate been engaged in a batle, and to top this instant respawn....

GhaleonEB

The TU didn't help the community in anyway.

I think fixing exploits in maps and weapons is pretty significant. I read a whole lot of angst here about the Boltshot glitch and map exploits. That's pretty low level fruit relative to other issues (such as, say the Boltshot itself). But it's far and away the fastest response we've seen in any Halo game to date. And it's in addition to small, incremental updates made each week.

I think it's impressive. The game needs so much more. But it's clear they're working, and fast.

343 put a huge investment into updating the tech and tools on the back end to facilitate these kind of faster, more frequent updates. One month out it's paying dividends.

Tawpgun

HLS sucks
AR sucks
Random Ordnance sucks
Instant respawn sucks
Shit team indicators sucks

gg Tashi and ryan

TCKaos

That feel when you get the last kill in Last Stand in Dominion...

In your team's opening rush.

Talk about obliterated.

GhaleonEB

I know that but what were they doing during development?

Eh. I'm as disappointed in the game as anyone here but there's no need to be a dick to the people that made the game. They worked hard. Made something they're proud of. It's got bugs and issues and things we don't like. No need to insult them like this to convey that, even if it's in jest (and I can't tell if you are or not).

orznge

Banned
Eh. I'm as disappointed in the game as anyone here but there's no need to be a dick to the people that made the game. They worked hard. Made something they're proud of. It's got bugs and issues and things we don't like. No need to insult them like this to convey that, even if it's in jest (and I can't tell if you are or not).

Not being proud of the game would be pretty bad marketing fwiw

Jokes, like 99% of my posts.

I think fixing exploits in maps and weapons is pretty significant. I read a whole lot of angst here about the Boltshot glitch and map exploits. That's pretty low level fruit relative to other issues (such as, say the Boltshot itself). But it's far and away the fastest response we've seen in any Halo game to date. And it's in addition to small, incremental updates made each week.

I think it's impressive. The game needs so much more. But it's clear they're working, and fast.

343 put a huge investment into updating the tech and tools on the back end to facilitate these kind of faster, more frequent updates. One month out it's paying dividends.

Well said, agreed and this is another example of a 343i positive game/development aspect.

TCKaos

So wait, in this metaphor is Kenshiro HaloGAF, Shin 343, and Yuria Halo?

So does that make Raoh Microsoft?

EDIT:

Kenshiro is HaloGAF
Yuria is Halo
Shin is 343
Jagi is Sabre Interactive
Amiba is Certain Affinity
Toki is Bungie
Raoh is Microsoft
Kokuoh-go is Don Mattrick

Louis Wu

Serious question: Does Red Team ever win on Ragnarok?
Occasionally.

Wu won't play with me anymore.
Makes me sad, actually. :(

Halotracker had a Reach stat called 'Play worst with" - if they could collect stats for Halo 4, you'd be at the top of that list for me. I don't know why - I thought it was because I just couldn't keep up when Trueskill brought in enemies at your level, but I've played with other people as good as you, and there's a difference between "not being able to keep up" and "dying at least 5 times for every kill".

I like hanging out with you - I just don't have fun actually playing Halo with you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom