• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool Concept Art
H4-Concept-Finale-Pickup.jpg

Akai__

The website will most assuredly be well created and have a lot of game derived information. That is one area that they still dominate all other companies.

I'm hesitant to give their next game the rubber stamp. Reach shook my confidence quite a bit.

My trust in them is restored, because the concept art was awesome for Destiny. Also, Reach was bad, because just a certain amount of the studio worked on it. The rest was probably busy with Destiny.

willow ve

My confidence is restored, because the concept art was awesome for Destiny. Also, Reach was bad, because just a certain amount of the studio worked on it. The rest was probably busy with Destiny.

Was it not the same case with ODST? Just a small part of the studio working on a project? And yet ODST was pretty amazing.

DeadNames

Banned
God damn, BO2 stinks but I appreciate the color/environment variety in the maps.

Not everything is a science lab.

Not enough room to put that stuff in, too busy adding rocks.

---

God I hope Bungie.net doesnt go all Waypoint.

Don't forget the white walls bruh. And to answer your last part, the game sucks. Everything feels cheap. The map design sucks, SMGs are STILL OP, the Remington is OP and the DSR is OP. Same with the red sniper that you can shoot as fast as possible. Bouncing betties/Shock charges, etc.

Fuchsdh

Was it not the same case with ODST? Just a small part of the studio working on a project? And yet ODST was pretty amazing.

Well, if you want to use that card, the people working on ODST ≠ the main development of Reach--the latter was started before there was any idea for ODST. A lot of the manpower for ODST came from people who were working on Jackson's Chronicles when it cratered and were left with nothing to do while Reach was being developed.

All this talk about the Steambox and the Nextbox is making me excited for next gen. Let's get this show on the road.

And that's the second Elder Scrolls reference I've seen Urk make in just as many days. Guess I'm not the only one having fun with Skyrim during winter. :lol

You can be a bad player and get more out of Call of Duty than the good players. I haven't played Black Ops 2, but post-CoD4/ WaW I always assumed the guy who spammed grenade launchers and sprinted around with Glocks akimbo was having more fun than all the boring people with red dot sight assault rifles.

What the hell is 343's deal with RETURN TO BATTLEFIELD? Don't put a jetpack in the game, add solid structures, and then kill players for standing up there. They did this when they took over Reach, too.

All this talk about the Steambox and the Nextbox is making me excited for next gen. Let's get this show on the road.

Yep I'm more than ready to drop $250-$650 on a seriously powerful next gen console. I just want them to do like the good ol' days and loss lead with some serious hardware specs. Please don't go all Kinect 2 or Move 2 on us. *crosses all fingers

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Yep I'm more than ready to drop $250-$650 on a seriously powerful next gen console. I just want them to do like the good ol' days and loss lead with some serious hardware specs. Please don't go all Kinect 2 or Move 2 on us. *crosses all fingers

Oh Microsoft is so going Kinect 2. Mark my words they will be shoving that shit down our throats like your mama used to shove your medicine down yours when you were a little tyke. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Change coming to HaloGAF Radio. I'll be recording the shows on my PC now rather than Duncan. Not because I dislike the quality or anything but because now it frees me up to do some cool stuff like 1 on 1 interviews. Also stuff like I did with E3 where I had a bunch of you on. Hoping to put out a show on a more regular basis now. We shot for about once every 2-3 weeks and we hit about once a month so not bad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why would there be? Serious question if this sounds sarcastic, I really don't know what's going on right now.
There's no reason a console will be announced at CES. All we know is that MS is rumoured to discuss or send out specs or something privately today... or something.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Are they ever going to be able to change out from the old MS system without compromising everyone's account that's tied to their Live credentials?

Ya.

Site will be in beta for a bit, though. Set expectations accordingly.

It gets better, the HD and 3D streaming options for Netflix announced today only works on Wii U and PS3.

It's so stupid that they put Netflix behind the Gold paywall.

Thats fucking ridiculous. Doesnt Netflix already have HD on some things though? Fairly certain i was watching Top Gear in HD last night?

I already pay for Netflix, MS decides i have to pay them to access it on the Xbox? Such shit.

Am really surprised at this, so people who just use their xboxes for Netflix and other apps have to pay for gold... Lol holy shit. Only Microsoft i swear.

Nah, CoD is pretty shitty. Don't know why people (Hi Cyren!) keep bringing it up here as if it's any good.

Its actually pretty good. Waiting for people here to get on the Blops bus, because dudes...lets face it, they aint fixing Halo til Halo 5 and even then its probably not going to be great.

FyreWulff

Hell it's so stupid that they lock most of the crap they do behind the pay wall.

A broken IE10 is worth the Gold subscription alone, good sir

Thats fucking ridiculous. Doesnt Netflix already have HD on some things though? Fairly certain i was watching Top Gear in HD last night?

I already pay for Netflix, MS decides i have to pay them to access it on the Xbox? Such shit.

Am really surprised at this, so people who just use their xboxes for Netflix and other apps have to pay for gold... Lol holy shit. Only Microsoft i swear.

I think their "Super HD" is just high-bitrate 1080p. Also, Netflix Xbox maxes out at 720p, only stuff from MS's video store can actually display in 1080p native.

There's probably a good reason why even though MS had console Netflix first, the Wii now has the majority of Netflix users on consoles (over 50%)

Looks like my 360 thinks all my OXbox GonD games are corrupt. It also corrupted one of my RB albums. I hope my 360 didn't just decide to suicide :(

There was a really nice looking, limited set that were hardbound. A cursory glance implies they've long since sold out.

Excited for Bungie murmurings, need to see what they've been up to. Need to see my Destiny.

That is a shame. I like quality hardbound books...too bad I can't seem to find a nice set to read.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Wow. You know I do have to admit exploring stuff in some of these levels is interesting in Halo 4. I'm exploring the wreckage of the FUD and on top of some of it I find the rack of BRs and a Sniper Rifle on some more.

Needless to say I was presently surprised to find those.

Wow. You know I do have to admit exploring stuff in some of these levels is interesting in Halo 4. I'm exploring the wreckage of the FUD and on top of some of it I find the rack of BRs and a Sniper Rifle on some more.

Every time you run low on ammo a little searching before/after the next encounter yields these caches. I think only half one mission I didn't find plenty of ammo like that.

God damn, BO2 stinks but I appreciate the color/environment variety in the maps.
Was watching some gameplay on twitch. I just can't deal with that shit any more. Its actually nauseatingly quick with the bobbing and the spinning and the sprinting and the hey and the who. Its A.D.D. on crack.

Halo 4 is just my speed. Nothing against COD, but its just not for me anymore. COD4 and MW2 were great times though, while they lasted.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Every time you run low on ammo a little searching before/after the next encounter yields these caches. I think only half one mission I didn't find plenty of ammo like that.

Yea. I'm starting to see these little hidden gems like that in spots. I'm certainly warming up more to the game as I spend more time looking at and playing around with it. I really think it's going to maybe end up like Halo 2 did for me which I hated for a long time but slowly as time went on I warmed up to.

Fracas

#fuckonami
While neither games are much to write home about, Blops 2 is better than Halo 4 in both multiplayer and campaign imo.

Was watching some gameplay on twitch. I just can't deal with that shit any more. Its actually nauseatingly quick with the bobbing and the spinning and the sprinting and the hey and the who. Its A.D.D. on crack.

Halo 4 is just my speed. Nothing against COD, but its just not for me anymore. COD4 and MW2 were great times though, while they lasted.

Only games ive enjoyed in the series after Cod 2. Remember the Cod 4 beta? Was completely new and fresh. Cod 4 was brilliant.

There's more ammo in the levels than people realize, but you do find that stuff on replays if you go looking.

Only games ive enjoyed in the series after Cod 2. Remember the Cod 4 beta? Was completely new and fresh. Cod 4 was brilliant.
Never played the beta for COD4 no, but that game man. Campaign and multiplayer were a revelation. I was thoroughly hooked. Black Ops brought me down with its crap campaign scripting and more balanced yet less exciting multiplayer. MW2 brought me back into the fold, but at some point the noob-tubing, high speed knifers and lag issues just became too much to deal with. I got more and more frustrated the more I played, and lost touch with the simple fun of it all.

When I stop playing Halo 4 it'll be because of lag/host migrations, because so far, even getting torn to shit by better players has been more of a learning experience than an exercise in frustration.

How? I dont need them. Im in college and can only work part time so moneys tight. Have an xbox and thats all i really need. Could use my laptop but then id have to borrow a Hdmi cable to watch netflix on the TV. More effort than its worth.

Who the fuck watches videos on a smart phone anyway?
Beggers can't be choosers bro. Plus my phone has HDMI out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom