• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Tawpgun

BTB is already fucked. Its got vehicles, its bad, its got guests and shitty matches.

In fact I would say this BTB focused map size distribution is one of the main factors in how destroyed H4's population is. Everyone plays Slayer and then gets bored of the two maps constantly picked and calls it a day.

BTB got fucked because vehicles are shit. Used to love that shit but now its boring and dumb.

Kuroyume

Banned
Vehicles are what ruined BTB since 3. Yay lets take the first person shooting out of the first person shooter WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BravoHalo

~7 years of gaming (90% Halo / MLG) events :)

yTpbsxR.jpg

TheOddOne creates a wise-cracking Grunt on his lunch break that does nothing but make jokes about some guy named "Elzar." The fans research who this Elzar is, discover traces back to HaloGAF and they register to speak with this mysterious character.

Elzar gains a following, gets hired by Microsoft, later replaces Stinkles as the face of Halo and..

El Czar is born.

Your finest post.

Enfinit

Cross-posting from OT, but if you're not in the GAF Royal Rumble and want to be, now's your last chance to get in. PM DKehoe!

The DMR ruins every mid-sized/big map and it makes weapons like the BR pretty useless.

It also forces you to use it, because you don't have any chance at longer distances.

I don't have that much fun in Halo 4, but I would like to have it.

I know, it was a little bit over the top and I shouldn't say "kill it". A simple nerf of the DMR or a buff of other weapons would help probably...

I agree, the only 2 maps you can get away with it are Haven and Abandon. Abandon is a stretch though.

Akai__

BTB is already fucked. Its got vehicles, its bad, its got guests and shitty matches.

In fact I would say this BTB focused map size distribution is one of the main factors in how destroyed H4's population is. Everyone plays Slayer and then gets bored of the two maps constantly picked and calls it a day.

Big Team could be so much better with less power weapons, less vehicles and better game types. I'm agreeing. But I still think, that the DMR by itself ruins it. Even if there are too many vehicles on the map... You only need to wreck them with the DMR or just take out your Plasma Pistol, which is already in your pocket and throw some Plasma Nades...

Either way, BTB is bad in it's current state, IN MY OPINION.

Not the point I'm trying to make, I'm saying you can't just say that "most people agree" on something based on your impression of what you read on a forum.

Yeah, you are right, my bad.

Let me rephrase it, so that you can sleep tonight.

In my opinion, the DMR is a bad weapon, because it has more advantages over other primary precision weapons. I also think, that the avarage here and on other places are agreeing, that it is a bad/slightly overpoweref weapon, in it's current state. It needs either a nerf or other weapons should be buffed.

What is it with Kill cams? Whenever they show the guy who killed me he is shooting all over the place and hitting everything but me. Is that because the Kill cams are bad or is that how much aim assist there is?

Arnie

I like to look at it as an offensive counter sniping weapon. A moderate issue with Halo 3 BTB was that when someone had the sniper, they could easily* become a death machine. The things that could stop it were a vehicle or another sniper. With the DMR still in the game, and as a pickup, there's another threat to the sniper. As a bonus, it can give competitive players a utility weapon similar to the CE pistol.

*assuming they were slightly above average
I've always thought that de-scoping was a sufficient counter sniping 'weapon'. Whilst connection issues made BR'ing inconsistent at such long ranges, getting a single shot on an opponent to knock them out of scope was always doable, and I think that'd be even moreso given Halo 4's hitscan and improved netcode.

HTupolev

What is it with Kill cams? Whenever they show the guy who killed me he is shooting all over the place and hitting everything but me. Is that because the Kill cams are bad or is that how much aim assist there is?
It's just that the kill cams are bad. They use local replay information, which means that the enemy player's position and orientation is neither up-to-date or specified with high precision. It's a bandwidth and latency thing.

Watch from the view of players other than yourself in a replay. You'll notice the same sort of imprecision and jerking.

Now, if the kill cams could work by requesting replay information over the network from the console that killed you...

Blissful

Neo Member
It's almost impossible to have fun playing Halo alone... If only 343 recognized the importance of putting in a ranked/social playlist. I still seem to be getting matched up with terrible teammates but try-hard opponents. O, and JIP should be completely taken out, it's very inconvenient and causes more trouble than help the situation.

Overdoziz

Banned
It's really just for Extraction. It plays really well for it, but that's about it.
I haven't played it but it from what I'm seeing it right now it seems to play very linear. It's just a bunch of long hallways and you have to walk a mile to flank people.

Big Team could be so much better with less power weapons, less vehicles and better game types. I'm agreeing. But I still think, that the DMR by itself ruins it. Even if there are too many vehicles on the map... You only need to wreck them with the DMR or just take out your Plasma Pistol, which is already in your pocket and throw some Plasma Nades...

Either way, BTB is bad in it's current state, IN MY OPINION.

DMR's dont really destroy vehicles unless you just carefree drive out in the open. People go on huge killing sprees in vehicles still. Its a balance issue you really cant win because the general idea is vehicles are better than people.

BTB is just kiddy pool Halo. Its players who cant swim yet so they play around in a stupid little shallow pool.

Ryanoh

Neo Member
It's almost impossible to have fun playing Halo alone... If only 343 recognized the importance of putting in a ranked/social playlist. I still seem to be getting matched up with terrible teammates but try-hard opponents. O, and JIP should be completely taken out, it's very inconvenient and causes more trouble than help the situation.
This is the reason I don't play halo 4 anymore
Edit: sorry for the double post

willow ve

I think it's safe to say these AGL Oddball settings need some work. With the distance you can throw the ball + the quick respawn time there are moments in these matches where one team is literally killing people as fast as they possibly can - but they can never catch up to where the ball is.

Ambush just had 2 more dead on Warriors for over 90 seconds and they still couldn't ever get the ball back. Frustrating to play - boring/frustrating to watch.

Top Bottom