• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

SpOps 7:
I'm so happy they answered my question of whether or not Halsey knew about Chief. I wonder if they'll discuss that more. I'm especially interested in what she'll have to say about Cortana's death.

heckfu

Banned
Spartan Ops was ridiculously fun tonight. Nutter, Domino and I played the new chapters with relatively low lag and the environments are beautiful.

I've had a reputation of slurping pretty hard but this is way more geared towards my style of play. While Firefight was fun and had its own niche and progression of difficulty, I love having objectives and we get all this shit for free instead of paid DLC.

I am really, really happy with the new season.

Spartan Ops was ridiculously fun tonight. Nutter, Domino and I played the new chapters with relatively low lag and the environments are beautiful.

I've had a reputation of slurping pretty hard but this is way more geared towards my style of play. While Firefight was fun and had its own niche and progression of difficulty, I love having objectives and we get all this shit for free instead of paid DLC.

Aw man, I missed this. Play through it again with me Heckypoo?

Omni

I wonder if we'll get a Spartan Ops season 2 or even a Halo: Spartan Ops game (like ODST; just campaign). I can't imagine that MS is not going to release something Halo this fall.

Arnie

Only played Episode 1 and despised it, so never progressed further (given all the complaints about later episodes that appeared consistent with my issues from the first), but this post has given me the impetus to give it another shot once exam season winds down in a week.

Akai__

There are plenty of bugs only in the 1st chapter, but besides them, the chapter was beautiful and it was a very good mission.

And holy shit at the CGI.
Halsey overriding the AI Roland. This was quite funny.

Bugs, I had:

- objectives not being displayed
- shield doors not opening, when destroying the "generator"
- shield doors opening, without destroying the "generator"
- Crawlers running against walls or against each other
- Jackal's running into walls
- Elite with Sword disapearing in front of me

I wonder if we'll get a Spartan Ops season 2 or even a Halo: Spartan Ops game (like ODST; just campaign). I can't imagine that MS is not going to release something Halo this fall.

If they're planning on releasing their new Xbox this fall (or even Spring), there actually may not be a Halo announcement at E3. Forza 5 will probably be their big launch title and have all the glory, and whatever the new Xbox does is what MS is going to advertise this year.

And I wouldn't count on another ODST game, 343 has already said that Spartan Ops is filling in those shoes. Spartan Ops is okay, it just isn't different enough from the Campaign for it to "replace" an ODST like game, so I'm hoping SpOps gets a complete overhaul in direction by the next season instead of it just being short snips that play exactly like the Halo 4 campaign, regardless of the story. It's like they're playing it safe. Have fun 343, experiment. Spartan Ops is the perfect mode to make bold moves and they're not utilizing that at all.

TheOddOne

The Infinity sections reminded me so much of Halo 3’s Crow’s Nest.

Overall great episode, with beautiful and varied locale. For the first four episodes, the enemy placements were pretty decent but the last chapter was my least favorite. The chapter followed pretty much the pattern of the first half of the season, just throwing as many enemies at the screen as possible – which is surprising as the first chapters are pretty well thought out regarding placements. Liked that certain sections were devoid of huge direction markers and let me go at my own pace. Other thing I hugely enjoyed was the banter, it was well paced and even poked fun at certain things.

GG Ellis and Co! Can’t believe I’m saying this, but bring on next week!

I really enjoyed chapters 2 - 4 from this episode. No endless enemy wave bullshit, some actually interesting locations and dialogue, fuck, it was the first time Spartan Ops felt actually good.

Matchmaking for the first two chapters was on Heroic, though, and the others were on Legendary. Weird.

Striker

Took only one game of griffball to run into a guy that betrays the whole team on purpose the whole time.
In experiences I've played, it's had issues like that, and a problem with the host dominating all game. It's basically Russian Roulette in there hoping to land your hit against one.

Moa

I really enjoyed chapters 2 - 4 from this episode. No endless enemy wave bullshit, some actually interesting locations and dialogue, fuck, it was the first time Spartan Ops felt actually good.

Matchmaking for the first two chapters was on Heroic, though, and the others were on Legendary. Weird.
If you match only one other player, the game will automatically drop the difficulty to Heroic.

Or did you have four players on Chapter 1 & 2?

Tawpgun

Instant respawn sucks but the hammer and sprint suck more.

As far as I can tell, launching yourself with the hammer is non existent.

Essentially, grifball just lost a lot of its depth with the hammer physics. Passing the ball is the shit though

Essentially, grifball just lost a lot of its depth with the hammer physics. Passing the ball is the shit though

All the randoms I play with don't even know passing is a thing. They just want to hit stuff with hammers.

Nowise10

You get launched when holding the ball like in Halo 3. Somewhat, atleast.

I actually really hate the fact the game doesnt start a new round when you get a point, as in the two games I played, the team that scored the point is the one who ends up getting the ball again when it spawns. It really should end the round and put us on an equal battlefield, but Halo 4 doesn't like being equal.

Tawpgun

You get launched when holding the ball like in Halo 3. Somewhat, atleast.

I actually really hate the fact the game doesnt start a new round when you get a point, as in the two games I played, the team that scored the point is the one who ends up getting the ball again when it spawns. It really should end the round and put us on an equal battlefield, but Halo 4 doesn't like being equal.
Halo 4 and fairness, lol.

Vote Griffball Pro, it starts new rounds.

Did anyone else notice there are like 5 or 6 areas on Apex that have nothing in them but still have pretty expansive, hidden pathways? I guess they're giving us a taste of what future missions on it might be like.

TheOddOne

Did anyone else notice there are like 5 or 6 areas on Apex that have nothing in them but still have pretty expansive, hidden pathways? I guess they're giving us a taste of what future missions on it might be like.
Chapter 1 of week 6 also has an unopened door on the other side. Chapter 3 of week 6 has that big Forerunner door at the end.

Seems like the best way to revisit old places, but still give something new.

Havok

Haha.

Challenges are busted. No Campaign, weekly, spops or waypoint challenges at all.
This happened a few weeks ago and I want to say that they had them up by mid-day PT.

Waypoint challenges are a little murky in what they're actually there for. They've only been active during Infinity Challenge's active weeks, so I'd guess we'll see them return once it gets going again. That runs kind of counter to what the name implies, which seems more community-based instead of event-centric. I had hoped it would be a way for them to give incentive for players to play specific playlists without disrupting the normal weekly or daily multiplayer challenges.

Instead it turned out to be a commercial for the Virgin partnership and the challenges themselves were wholly unrelated to the tournament they were promoting. I don't really get it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Holy shit that Spops cutscene gave me fanboy chills.

Who do I have to pay and how much to get more cutscenes like this? Just cutscenes. Name your damm price. =/

Overdoziz

Banned
The framerate in Halo 5. Deal?
Has 343 or Bungie ever commented on framerate issue in Halo games? Be it on Forge maps, developer maps, in campaign, splitscreen, whatever. I don't recall any instance at which either company has acknowledged any of the issues. Maybe my memory is hazy.

TheOddOne

Has 343 or Bungie ever commented on framerate issue in Halo games? Be it on Forge maps, developer maps, in campaign, splitscreen, whatever. I don't recall any instance at which either company has acknowledged any of the issues. Maybe my memory is hazy.
Not that I can recall. Maybe Fyre remembers something.

Top Bottom