• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Striker

High Ground destroys Powerhouse at 1-flag, which is the gamemode both maps do best.
I'd say that Powerhouse is a better team slayer map in a heartbeat, but there are much better slayer maps out there when you are talking about taking 1-2 maps from a past halo and remaking them into the new game.
If you're wanting to remake an asymmetric map for 1-flag, why pick High Ground when there's many better alternatives?

Powerhouse is awesome. Nice aesthetic, titled environments, circular layout (beneficial for FFA), grenades kicking up water, sweet jumps and sprint jumps, well-layed sight lines, interesting cover. It may be the best map in Reach.

Dirtbag

If you're wanting to remake an asymmetric map for 1-flag, why pick High Ground when there's many better alternatives?

High Ground doesnt even count, its a Halo3 map and not even in the question I asked.
I asked about Reach and Halo 4 maps. The point is completely irrelevant.

Dirtbag

Powerhouse is awesome. Nice aesthetic, titled environments, circular layout (beneficial for FFA), grenades kicking up water, sweet jumps and sprint jumps, well-layed sight lines, interesting cover. It may be the best map in Reach.

The more I think about it, it might be the best launch map in Reach. I enjoyed boardwalk for a while also, but it was definitely not the best.
Countdown was a good reach map that armor lock mars my memory of.

Reach only has 2 maps that standout. Powerhouse and Zealot. Both are great.

Countdown is nade heaven. Maybe with Halo 4 sandbox it could work better.

Disagree. I think that mayyyyybe we just think it was good because it was the most polished turd among the group in Reach.
Savor this moment in HaloGAF history when I agree with Fracas at the expense of disagreeing with you.

Powerhouse is a high quality map, regardless of which Halo game.
High Ground destroys Powerhouse at 1-flag, which is the gamemode both maps do best.
I'd say that Powerhouse is a better team slayer map in a heartbeat, but there are much better slayer maps out there when you are talking about taking 1-2 maps from a past halo and remaking them into the new game.
Nah, Powerhouse is better at King and 3Plots than it is at Flag.

-----------

Also, the return of King to a permanent place in matchmaking sort of makes Halo 3 playable for me again.

Ghazi

Seems like 343 doesnt understand what a small map is.

Harvest_image.jpg
\

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Those concept art pieces by Sparth tell us next to nothing besides how it might look in terms of aesthetics. I'm still holding out hope that the maps will indeed be small.

Havok

Powerhouse would have been a better map if it was smaller. Haven is the only map that is deserving of a remake in the future from Reach and Halo 4.

Tawpgun

SpOps Ep 9 Spoilers/Halo 5 speculation

I think this gives away the plot of the Halo 5. We get a key with all the forerunner artifacts. One in particular is supposed to propel humanity or whatever. Mission to recover it. Didact comes back trying to stop it. Or something idk.

Striker

High Ground doesnt even count, its a Halo3 map and not even in the question I asked.
I asked about Reach and Halo 4 maps. The point is completely irrelevant.
I don't think either game did asymmetric gametypes very well. High Ground is just setting the bar pretty low.

SpOps Ep 9 Spoilers/Halo 5 speculation

I think this gives away the plot of the Halo 5. We get a key with all the forerunner artifacts. One in particular is supposed to propel humanity or whatever. Mission to recover it. Didact comes back trying to stop it. Or something idk.

It'll be recovered in Episode 10 most likely. Halo 5 will probably involve finding the next Halo ring and shit goes down on there, which I'm perfectly fine with. Missions on Halo's always turn out to be more fun than the ones on Earth for whatever reason.

There also needs to be 1 or 2 missions on Covenant ships.

I don't think either game did asymmetric gametypes very well. High Ground is just setting the bar pretty low.

Zanzibar will always be the pinnacle of 1-flag CTF. Last Resort was a good remake too.

Tawpgun

It'll be recovered in Episode 10 most likely. Halo 5 will probably involve finding the next Halo ring and shit goes down on there, which I'm perfectly fine with. Missions on Halo's always turn out to be more fun than the ones on Earth for whatever reason.

Artifact is probs on Earth anyway, what else is new.

Oh we're still making fun of people who post here using a mental condition as a put down? That's still a thing here?

For shame.

I wonder how well a playlist would fare that's 4v4 and has different weapon starts - meaning Swords, Heavies, Snipers, etc. would show up here. Snipers would always be the first option.

IHaveIce

Banned

There also needs to be 1 or 2 missions on Covenant ships.

Zanzibar will always be the pinnacle of 1-flag CTF. Last Resort was a good remake too.

Humans have already at least found one new Halo ring we don't visited yet.

I'm more interested in the second Arc, or if other shield worlds also have someone living there

Ghazi

Humans have already at least found one new Halo ring we don't visited yet.

I'm more interested in the second Arc, or if other shield worlds also have someone living there

My guess is that they'll go with something cheesy like the Prometheans invading Earth or something similar.

Havok

Base that was ridiculously gigantic for no good reason, nearly useless gates, bomb arm spot with just a couple of crappy boxes for cover, no way to stop people from knocking those boxes onto the flag or bomb arm spot at launch, crummy laser replacing rockets, schizophrenic overall size that doesn't know if it wants to be a 4v4 or 8v8 map, instead being mediocre at both. Last Resort is not a good remake.

Havok

The best part about those is that you can hit them from behind, and it will phase you through the geometry to do the animation.
I've started hitting all the buttons in mid-jump because I think the insane aerial contortions you do in order to get lined up with the animation are funny.

Top Bottom