• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Alchemical

Neo Member
Not gonna test a map with obvious issues.

A hologram as a sight blocker is dumb. Look at the lift on solace. People shoot right through it with ease.

Have a maximum of two power weapons on map. Remove any random drops.

To this, I'll also add; look at your pathways. Think about player movement. If you're going to make a map consisting of only those tunnels as the main structure, then you really have to create more connections between each space. Think about how many routes there are to each place on the map. There really should be at least two routes to each corner.

Get rid of the dead ends with the teleporters (from what I can see, they are one way routes; i.e. if a player runs towards red teleporter, they've either got to go into the teleporter, or turn round and fight their way out of that corridor.) In other words - provide many more options for player movement. Perhaps think about how you could add some vertical variation. This will add much more depth to way the map plays.

I'd also backup what Overdoziz said about using different objects (perhaps for your next map). Gameplay on maps with these corridor pieces can get boring pretty quickly, unless designed extremely well.

This is what happens 9 months after Chiron and Orbital meet at a party.

A map that beautiful will never be achieved through pure forging.

For April 1st can we have HaloGAF do a mass request on username changes? We'd be seeing people like Awesome Barrow, Barlow Roll, etc.

I played some sniper games yesterday and have some sounds issues like some enemy sniper shots didnt made a sound like if the second shot was to fast to the system register a sound or if you are to far from them you cant hear theirs shots if they fired consecutively only the first and maybe the third.

TheOddOne

destinyfront530.jpg

mehro10002.gif

Fuchsdh

I played some sniper games yesterday and have some sounds issues like some enemy sniper shots didnt made a sound like if the second shot was to fast to the system register a sound or if you are to far from them you cant hear theirs shots if they fired consecutively only the first and maybe the third.
There are some odd audio bugs like comin out of drop shields, etc. I imagine this is one of them.

Captain Del Rio? The moronic stereotype expertly written by 343 to inject useless banter and to promote Lasky into the story?

Think about it, Chief literally saved humanity, is respected and liked by almost every high ranking officer and some douchebag captain out of nowhere thinks he knows more than him.

He did....He was anyway, I think spartans have some programming like robocop to not kill UNSC officers.

Looks simple yet amazing. I want one of those posters.

Destiny uses the Reach font, that planet's recycled Reach concept art mixed with a generic photo of Earth, the white sphere is a repainted Cryptum and they've had that logo created for years (which probably only took 5 minutes to make). this industry is doomed. look at all that fucking outsourcing

Not understanding the destiny hype at all. The game could be MMO cod with aliens and people are hailing it as the future of gaming without seeing anything.

Arnie

Destiny will be co-operative in nature, and I think it will follow the hub and spoke model of ODST. That's my tentative prediction for Sunday.

Madness

Not understanding the destiny hype at all. The game could be MMO cod with aliens and people are hailing it as the future of gaming without seeing anything.

No one is really hailing it as that. People are excited because the people who created Halo, wanted to make this game instead of another Halo sequel. You have the full studio behind the game.

The game could be an MMO CoD, we don't know that. But this is a game they've been wanting to make since halo 3. Say what you will about their lack of competitive multiplayer in Reach, if you look at Halo 3, ODST and then Reach campaign, you can't help but be excited to play some grand new campaign.

I'm hoping it'll make me feel the way I did playing mass effect 1 this gen.

wwm0nkey

So Halo now has to compete with Destiny who is made by the original creators of Halo and Call of Duty.....343 will really have to step their game up which means this should lead to some good competition between companies to improve their products.

TheOddOne

So Halo now has to compete with Destiny who is made by the original creators of Halo and Call of Duty.....343 will really have to step their game up which means this should lead to some good competition between companies to improve their products.
"Wait for Halo 5"

...lol.

They don't only have to step their game up, they have to make a giant leap.

Or 343 could just triple down on CoDifying Halo, which leads to the total death of the franchise within five years.

Blueblur1

I have a feeling that Halo 4 is about to get shat on. I predict Destiny's going to have crazy good UI, features and a fresh approach to competitive multiplayer that 343 never expected. Can 343 keep up? Or will Halo 5 be an incremental update with more limited (and broken) multilayer options? Time will tell.

Imagine if Bungie takes this opportunity to make Destiny play like classic Halo multiplayer and people are more attracted to that style because it's set in a fresh, new universe?

The cycle is then reset and 343 finally decides to make Combat Evolved 2. Respawn Entertainment then resets the CoD-shooter to something set in the future and the modern military shooter slowly vanishes.

And then I woke up.

"From the Publishers of Halo
and the Creators of Grunt Lunch Rally 2k12: Halo 5."

wwm0nkey

"Wait for Halo 5"

...lol.

They don't only have to step their game up, they have to make a giant leap.

I know and with the drop and now 2 juggernauts against them I am sure they know they have to or else Halo is dead, which is a weird thing to say but its kind of true.

Stuff like this is great though because it really can push 343 to do great things to compete with the other games on the market rather than just trying to copy the one in the lead right now.

After Loadouts and Bloom I'm anticipating the "updated gameplay mechanics" that destiny will likely included as much as I'm anticipating a kick in the nuts.

Customizable weapons already sounds like it could create shady unbalanced gameplay.

Its like Medal of Honor downfall by IW all over again.

JackHerer

I think I know what you mean. Sounds are inconsistent with the sniper. Like if my teammate is 20 feet or so from me and gets domed by the human sniper, it might be a really loud noise or I might just hear the gun go off in the distance.

The Team Snipers playlist is pretty fun when you're playing on the small maps like Haven, Abandon, and even Solace but it is pretty terrible on BTB maps like Vortex and Meltdown.

Surprisingly I don't really mind Ragnarok as much as I do the other big maps. I think it's because it has clearly defined places where the enemy will spawn so you have a general idea of the places they will be. So I get less of the enemy spawning in random places and killing me from all directions.

I could not give any less of a shit about Destiny MP being actually competitive, but I'd love some sort of long term single and co-op goals to achieve. Customization on that front is always cool.

CliQ

I love how Bungie puts competitive multiplayer on a card and everyone goes nuts. You guys see those words as crach I swear.

Did you not see the other words? Social activities Cooperative Mode you know stuff that is going to make this game cater to everyone. Hmm that sounds familiar...

I love how Bungie puts competitive multiplayer on a card and everyone goes nuts. You guys see those words as crach I swear.

Did you not see the other words? Social activities Cooperative Mode you know stuff that is going to make this game cater to everyone. Hmm that sounds familiar...
Competitive just means Player vs Player.
Calm yourself.

Top Bottom