• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

CliQ

Competitive just means Player vs Player.
Calm yourself.

No Player vs Player means Player vs Player or PVP. Multiplayer can mean both PVE and PVP or Coop and PVP. Competitive multiplayer usually means some sort of ranking or ladder system where individuals or teams compete against each other.

What should matter is what the competitive environment will look like. If it's like World of Warcraft where there is an arena style format then that could be cool.

If it's just another matchmaking, well i'm not really on board.

Just throwing the term competitive multiplayer in there shouldn't get anyone's hype meter going. It's a common term every game company uses these days.

the more i hear about destiny, the less i give a shit about halo 5. (at least till halo 5 info starts coming out :3)

though, i will say. i can't wait to see post destiny release all the inevitable mass gaf bitching that will come about for the game.

Less, actually. It's the security and continuity that is worth the pay cut (at least in this situation).

:( Hope life works out for you so you can be Secure, Happy and Wealthy. It sucks been in a position were you are being paid less than previous and not enjoying the job as much just because its a secure placement. I guess with a house now that's the position you have been forced into.

"FPS gameplay that redefines the genre and breaks traditional..."

Thank you Bungie. Thank you for even attempting to redefine a genre that has become so achingly stale in its slide to a COD model homogenization. This is assuming that statement is not just marketing spiel and they actually are trying something different with the genre.

Even if it's terrible, I'll applaud them for not doing instant respawn, kill streaks and weapon unlocks.

Their recent professed love for Dark Souls has me hoping that they include really steep challenges for a more advanced player in their game; there's no doubt they'll be catering to the less adept videogame player.

The most exciting information is that it's a FPS at all. I don't know why but I was expecting 3rd person perspective.

"FPS gameplay that redefines the genre and breaks traditional..."

Thank you Bungie. Thank you for even attempting to redefine a genre that has become so achingly stale in its slide to a COD model homogenization. This is assuming that statement is not just marketing spiel and they actually are trying something different with the genre.

Even if it's terrible, I'll applaud them for not doing instant respawn, kill streaks and weapon unlocks.

Their recent professed love for Dark Souls has me hoping that they include really steep challenges for a more advanced player in their game; there's no doubt they'll be catering to the less adept videogame player.

The most exciting information is that it's a FPS at all. I don't know why but I was expecting 3rd person perspective.

I think your reading into that a bit too much.

Hopefully your right but honestly it sounds like marketing spiele.

willow ve

Destiny is rumored to be released for the 6th october 2013.

I honestly can't imagine a major studio like Bungie, working with a huge developer like Activision, launching a band new IP that is exclusive (for the first year?) to the Xbox brand and that it won't be on the new hardware.

I mean they just can't release it on the 360... right?

FyreWulff

I honestly can't imagine a major studio like Bungie, working with a huge developer like Activision, launching a band new IP that is exclusive (for the first year?) to the Xbox brand and that it won't be on the new hardware.

Install base of the 360: 77 million

Install base of the next Xbox: 0 million

ZeNy

Neo Member

That's what we found on HaloDestiny.net over the online store of one of the french reseller called Micromania, owned by Gamestop if I remember right.

52022_jaqr_Project_Tiger_Pre_Order_X360_inlay_UK_129x171.jpg

I agree it could be strange to see this new game on Xbox 360, but you know, business is business.

Caja 117

I tought the service agreement document that was leaked said that Destiny was going to be released specifically on current gen consoles.

FyreWulff

And the fact Bungie was heavily recruiting PS3 devs... the current consoles have a gigantic install base. Why limit your sales to the supply constraints of launch hardware?

Destiny will launch October on 360
PS4 and Xbox 720 will ship holiday 2013
Xbox 720 Version of Destiny will ship in early 2014
PS4 Version of Destiny will ship in mid-late 2014
PS3 Version of Destiny will ship either alongside PS4 version or very close to it (only if PS4 version suffers poor adoption rates)

Destiny 2: Durandal will ship in 2015 simultaneously on PS4/Xbox 720.

That's what we found on HaloDestiny.net over the online store of one of the french reseller called Micromania, owned by Gamestop if I remember right.

I agree it could be strange to see this new game on Xbox 360, but you know, business is business.

Do you write for HaloDestiny? It would be great if articles you post could have English version's. I understand you are a french site and that's cool and all but you alienate a large reader base by being french only.

Caja 117

Destiny will launch October on 360
PS4 and Xbox 720 will ship holiday 2013
Xbox 720 Version of Destiny will ship in early 2013
PS4 Version of Destiny will ship in mid-late 2013
PS3 Version of Destiny will ship either alongside PS3 version or very close to it (only if PS4 version suffers poor adoption rates)

Destiny 2: Durandal will ship in 2015 simultaneously on PS4/Xbox 720.

You meant to say 2014.

Buntabox

though, i will say. i can't wait to see post destiny release all the inevitable mass gaf bitching that will come about for the game.

It's pretty inevitable.

I feel sort of bad being so excited for it, and I know so little. A few people are throwing around PC rumors. If that's true, I won't be buying a new console.
Until Halo 5/Next KojiPro game.

ZeNy

Neo Member
Do you write for HaloDestiny? It would be great if articles you post could have English version's. I understand you are a french site and that's cool and all but you alienate a large reader base by being french only.

You know us from another NeoGaf account, long time ago I guess, so yes, as the founder, I can say that I write for HaloDestiny too.

I totally agree with you about the fact we should write some of our articles in english. The next version of our website, called D7, will feature an EN version of our content alongside with a FR version and a more social place for both community, Halo and Destiny (it's something new for us because when we took HaloDestiny.net during the Halo 3 era, we wouldn't know that the next Bungie game will be called Destiny ^^).

Fuchsdh

There were plenty of games that released on the last gen and later produced special upgraded versions for the newest console.

I'm not looking forward to Destiny OT because it will split everyone up. We already have half the people posting in the Halo 4 OT
That thread is so slow, and nobody from HaloGAF is exclusively posting there.

There's no reason we can't post in both a HaloGAF and DestinyGAF thread. There might be some that go all one or the other, but I don't see it being a problem.

Top Bottom