• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

"Naturally, of course, there will also be a fully featured competitive multiplayer mode, though neither Jones nor anyone else from Bungie was willing to offer even a hint about any details just yet. Well, other than the fact that you won’t be forced to engage in player-vs.-player combat unless you explicitly desire to."

Awesome! Destiny <3

So... it seems like ODST and Reach were all little 'tests' for Destiny. ODST's open world Hub, and Reach's customization and space fights.

Destiny is also designed to be enjoyable by all skill levels. Bungie knows that there are a ton of people that are tired, impatient, and distracted that don't want to work hard, read, or go to the Internet "to figure out our bullshit," in the words of co-founder and project director Jason Jones. The experience will be simple and direct as possible, and they've evidently thrown out a bunch of staple and ideals when it comes to the first-person shooter genre.

So one difficulty level it seems

Mix

Xbox Infinity?

yAE7icI.jpg

Holy Shitttttt

Also, Destiny looks like it's gonna be fun. I'm excited. Next reveal date?

I'm really worried as to how these games will sell on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3... Console gamers aren't really kind to MMO like games... and Always Online DRM? Aren't only like half the Xbox userbase connected to Xbox Live?

ElRenoRaven

I kept my expectations low and I was more than satisfied. :)

To me mine weren't low and I was happy. Did anyone honestly expect a huge gameplay reveal? I knew that this is probably what we would get. The huge stuff like gameplay etc will obviously come at E3. I am more then happy and my Preorder is in already on Amazon.

Akai__

I'm really worried as to how these games will sell on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3... Console gamers aren't really kind to MMO like games... and Always Online DRM? Aren't only like half the Xbox userbase connected to Xbox Live?

No. It's like 90% online and 10% never been online.

Ominym

Banned
From the Destiny reveal thread:

Too Halo-ish for my taste :/ I can live with laser and plasma guns (as much as I hate them), but it's just way too colorful, as a game which takes place on totally ruined Earth with only one human city left you'd imagine something more like Killzone.

You know what video games need? More brown/olive drab shooters.

JackHerer

First person visuals were very underwhelming. Some of the other shots looked decent. Art style is kinda cool. They need to release more information soon though because that "reveal" trailer didn't exactly reveal very much.

I've learned from Reach not to blindly pre-order shit, no matter what company. Gonna need more than vague hype and awesome Marty music to get my money.

Mix

No, you know what games need? Grey, dirt, and boring mechanics.

Thank you, O gracious Bungie. After three years me and my other Bungie fanboy friends have something real to talk about.

Screw it. I'm going to pre-order later today. :\

Me too.

They probably showed the press more, and well probably hear or see some of itt omorrow. The game is supposed to be revealed tomorrow, but Bungie is showing it themselves today (at least that's what I thought).

No sir, it's all today. You can go over to the Destiny.FUD hub for all the other outlets.

J10

Banned
After the shot of the character selection screen there's a screen where someone is selecting an activity. There's an ACTIVE ROSTER on the right side, lists three players under MY SQUAD and says 3/6. So, 6 player co-op?

Akai__

To be fair, the 1st Halo 4 vidoc, was also cheap with actual gameplay. Not as cheap as this one, but still. I also didn't expect actual gameplay from a multiplayer game or from campaign, just tidbids, like in the Halo 4 vidoc.

I like it, so far. I'm expecting them to show a lot more on E3.

ElRenoRaven

Yea I saw that post and just laughed. Gaming side is already a lost cause. Complaining that it's too colorful already along with people that apparently expected 30 plus minutes of direct feed gameplay. Hence it's filled with nothing but BUNGIE SUXXORZZZ!!!!

That seriously got me bummed out too. Reminded me of Halo 4. Ugh.

Still, really looking forward to this game. Aiming down sights in a Bungie title seems strange.

Also, I really hope that is the final box art.

I am guessing the portals will allow quick access back to the city HUB. So not really a bad thing then.

I kept my expectations low and I was more than satisfied. :)

People in the gaming side criticizing it because the early alpha (beta?) of the game looks bad, and Halo 4 looks much better. lol

That's pretty much all Halo 4 has/had going for it, it's pretty graphics. I still rather have decent graphics then pretty graphics where textures load in and out noticeably while playing, and weapons despawn faster (ruining gameplay online) because of the graphics, and the game can't even keep a steady framerate going.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/303215235806920706

wcVN6Vj.png

"@EnglishHaloBlog Yes, competitive multiplayer will be in universe. No menu choice. You fly to an area and go PVP."

I don't like that at all.

That sounds awesome! Hopefully Bungie handles it well. Go to arena, set up your class, wait for match to start, load into the arena, first team to 50 wins. And Objective modes as well!

Kuroyume

Banned
Game kind of feels like Killzone meets more recent Halo (Reach and 4) in terms of art...

Have to say vidocs are a love/hate thing for me...

New info (kinda)... Yay

On the other hand

"We're building something alive, it has a nature that we don't totally control. Things are going to happen that we don't plan and that's amazing."

MAJOR ROLLEYES

Rev3rb

From the descriptions I'm getting, I can't see any sort of traditional competitive multiplayer in this game...

Either way, it sounds extremely ambitious!

When Bungie sets out to do something in full force, they set the bar for the future of the industry.

I'm hyped!

Madness

The best parts about Bungie is their great use of color. Compare Valhalla in Halo 3 vs Ragnarok in Halo 4. I'm tired of the yellow/brown filters.

I think it's great. Though I won't pre order just yet. It's Activision, you can bet there will be a shit-ton of exclusive dlc based on where you pre-order from.

I guess I was just disappointed for how long we were in the dark. Contrast them with Rockstar, Rockstar always shows trailers with the in-game engine. Everything you see is almost guaranteed to be in the final game. All we got was 3-5 seconds of first player movement.

It's all good though. The darkness has lifted, the mail sacks should return and finally Urk and Bungie can talk with us about the game.

Looks fucking glorious. Red Dead Redemption Vibes from that sky all day.

destiny3p6o81.gif

ibgFShMdCddLEq.gif

Reminds me of an advanced Halo 3 engine- spectacular art direction and lighting. Its still behind in other areas though IMO, but it has nice scope. Also, the one are reminds me of Halo 3 announcement trailer with downed space elevator pieces across the landscape.

Top Bottom