• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Moa

Found an issue with Scythe, random kill barrier killed me when I jumped up in SWAT.

44qpXOk.jpg

There is a clip on my file share called 'Scythe Exploit' if you want to see me dying from it, the image above is what I think killed me, there is a small gap between the two safe volumes that I think I hit with my head.

I'd post it on Waypoint but you know:

bMz3t5N.png

FyreWulff

Found an issue with Scythe, random kill barrier killed me when I jumped up in SWAT.

There is a clip on my file share called 'Scythe Exploit' if you want to see me dying from it, the image above is what I think killed me, there is a small gap between the two safe volumes that I think I hit with my head.

I'd post it on Waypoint but you know:

bMz3t5N.png

Known issue, relevant parties have been notified

TCKaos

Finished Chapter 6. Fairly good, the only thing holding it back is the whole Halo 4 thing.

And my first Forge playlist game was SWAT on Lockout, where some guy on my team brought his guest that was AFK the entire game. Literally the entire game. Combined they went -25, my other team mate went -5 and I managed a decent +10. Hopefully that's just because this playlist is new and needs some more Truskill data.

TCKaos

Oh shit son, CTF on Garoutte is actually pretty awesome. It ends up turning in to a series of long firefights in an attempt to get your flag back while you have their flag. We kind of shit on them by spawn locking them, but they were fast enough to the flag that we had them locked down for three or so minutes before we managed to get a return.

IHaveIce

Banned
So just a simple summary:

-Infinity Slayer is shit on most of these maps, the maps have adecent weapon set up and even good spawn times, there areway too many power weapon in the game.
- AAs don't work on Shutout/Lockout.. surprise.
-SWAT on Lockout is good
- CTF is better on such maps and with returning and flag has to be at home
-Didn't play scythe for now.

FyreWulff

@FyreWulff - any idea why the Capture the Flag variant in Forge Testing is different from the default one? You can return the flag in the Forge test variants.

Smaller maps will have returnable flags. They're planning on having gametypes paired to maps or map types, not global settings.

willow ve

Kill cams don't like those Forge maps, eh? Framerate slows considerably.

Plus I just played on a map that was so, so, so terrible. I know you guys like small maps, but it was like less than 5 seconds after spawn and the other team were crawling around our flag area 0_o Forgot the name though. Really didn't help that I had no idea how to navigate the brownish monotone Forge pieces.

To be honest I've never really seen a "good" kill cam on any map. Reticule and player models both constantly jump around, people get melees around corners, etc.

TCKaos

Forge Test has the second highest population in the game right now. It's not even close to the top of the list, either. It's second from the bottom.

Related to that, we now have Crimson DLC on the bottom of the list, which is extremely clever. While, yes, it should be on the bottom because it's got the lowest population in the game, it being right below the Forge playlist means that anyone who backs out and then tries to hop back in to the Forge playlist will receive a prompt to buy the Crimson Map Pack. Sneaky. Possibly unintentional. Probably intentional. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Enfinit

That was on Scythe, the 2v2 map :/

The only way that should be acceptable in a 2v2 is if the ordnance drop comes with extremely limited ammo. 4 Binary Rifle bullets and 2 rockets maximum, otherwise it is extremely unfair for one team. Throw in the ammo perk and give the Binary Rifle maybe 6 shots and the rockets 4. In regular matchmaking, because I use the ammo perk, I can snag up to 6 (8?) Binary Rifle shots on any given pick-up. In a 4v4/5v5/8v8 situation, this is acceptable (although it might be a tad ridiculous), however I couldn't even possibly begin to see how this would work in a 2v2 setting. I'd feel like rage quitting if it happened to me.

Ideally, I'd like to see set spawns with 2:30-3:00 minute timers for power weapons, such as the sniper, binary rifle, incineration cannon, and rocket launcher with extremely limited ammo. I'd still keep personal ordnance around as well, however limit it to smaller power weapons, such as the concussion rifle (two clips), shotgun (one clip), scattershot (one clip), sticky detonator (4 shots), needler (two clips), etc. Speed boost, damage boost, and overshield would also be personal ordnance options, however each would only last thirty seconds (maybe a one minute maximum).

That's my ideal settings for 2v2 anyways.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
Looks like Halo 4s taking a step in the right direction. I think it has many more steps to go though to ever be up there with Halo 1-3.

I don't think I could bring myself to play it again unless they removed AAs and ordnance and reduced aim assist and bullet magnetsim as I find the skill gap in terms of shooting very narrow and not enjoyable.

Why couldn't they have built upon a fundamentally good Halo game such as 3 rather than use Reach as a template, very disappointing.

u4iX

"CTF" and "Super CTF" don't work for you?

Glad to hear there are maps with static weapon spawns on them. Not enough to get me to play Halo again, but at least this is a sign that it's moving in the right direction.

I didn't notice the name change, if that's the case, then that's cool.

Havok

Snipers on Despair spawn way too fast. Two snipers at two minutes apiece made the King game I played on it a disaster.

---

I'm pretty sure Halo 4 thinks I'm terrible. I haven't had a teammate with a K/D over 1 the entire time I've been playing today.

I wonder if everything Preston J. Cole did was predestined. If it was :(

I don't know why people here were expecting – or hoping – it to be something like a Scarab.

After reading the "Biography" story of him in Halo Evolution I think he's my favorite character in the expanded universe.

So the
Harvester is some sort of living excavation platform? There's no way this wasn't cut content, blowing up two crates to disable the thing is weak...

Fuchsdh

Do
Beam Rifle Elite Generals
count? I'm pretty sure we never saw them in campaign and they're the last enemies in the level they're in.

Mini bosses I guess. I've liked big units like scarabs or a Chieftan over boss fights.

Those Generals do spawn in campaign though, if you backtrack enough on Requiem. No one know why.

RoKKeR

So the overall impression thus far is "not bad"? Sounds like the level design has improved dramatically, which is great to hear.

ElRenoRaven

So I just finished up this episode of Spartan Ops and I have to say it was a huge improvement. It actually feels like you're playing a campaign. The only real complaint I have is again we get a new covenant vehicle, thing, etc introduced with absolutely no explanation of what it is. Everyone in game apparently knows but when it comes to the player it's a big ol fuck you who cares if you know. That has been one of my biggest complaints. If you're going to introduce something new then freaking tell us what the hell it is. They pulled the same shit with the Lich in the campaign.

Karl2177

I don't know why exactly his map got pulled, but he's permabanned from THC, MLG and ForgeHub so I'd say that's a fairly good indicator of his behavior. It was sad to see Select getting removed though, it was one of the few good Forge maps outside MLG in Reach.
For the record, I was minutes away from permabanning him from Blueprint a while back. Dude's got a major attitude problem.

Smaller maps will have returnable flags. They're planning on having gametypes paired to maps or map types, not global settings.

Thank god, but that would have been so much better for Reach. With already customizable loadouts including AAs, it's not going to make that much of an impact.

Top Bottom