• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

halo2004-10-1215-38-06-79.jpg

Halo Pls

wwm0nkey

Im not for cell shaded Halo to be honest. Looks cool but I just don't want to play a full game like that with Halo.

Now what I wish we could see (again) in Halo is more of these kind of Forerunner ruins.

We had a little bit of it in Halo 3 with Sandtrap but nothing after that :(

Fuchsdh

Actually, what is HaloGAF's favorite level?

I'd say it's impossible to choose one. I look to CE for having the best overall arc of levels (T&R -> 343GS = Epic win), Halo 3 for having some of the most fun encounters within the levels, and Halo 2 and Halo 4 as sort of being a blend--while it's too early to say, I'd rank "Composer" as one of the top Halo levels.

My favorites are probably AotCR, Quarantine Zone, Metropolis, Delta Halo/Regret, The Covenant, Mombasa Streets, and Shutdown.

Oh, and whatever the name of the sniping mission on ODST is, that one's god-tier. I know its musical suite is Skyline.

Toa TAK

Banned
My favorites are probably AotCR, Quarantine Zone, Metropolis, Delta Halo/Regret, The Covenant, Mombasa Streets, and Shutdown.

Oh, and whatever the name of the sniping mission on ODST is, that one's god-tier. I know its musical suite is Skyline.

NMPD HQ

edit: My bad, different thoughts.

Fotos

Infinity - Midnight is one of the best set of missions in the Franchise imo. The most solid missions in a row since Halo: CE.

The best mission in the series is Halo in CE. Introduced to a new world. A 'defend this area' part. You have the option to explore it while looking for survivors. Was free-roam. Cortana tells you the difference between a man-made and natural formation. Nothing but perfection.

Ghazi

The best mission in the series is Halo in CE. Introduced to a new world. You have the option to explore it while looking for survivors. Was free-roam. Cortana tells you the difference between a man-made and natural formation. Nothing but perfection.

That.... is what she said

Toa TAK

Banned
The best mission in the series is Halo in CE. Introduced to a new world. You have the option to explore it while looking for survivors. A 'defend this area' part. Was free-roam. Cortana tells you the difference between a man-made and natural formation. Nothing but perfection.

Best part of the level.

But overall, people are listing great levels. Makes me want to go on a nostalgia run of the series.

I still haven't bought nor played it :'/

The hell is wrong with you?!

Though when you do get it, I'd recommend playing with classic music instead. The new stuff isn't bad, but there are moments when the music cuts off abruptly.
Oh! And the subtitles are embarrassing when it comes to spelling errors.

blamite

I wish it came out on Demand though...

I'm guessing it won't be on GonD because of the Reach multiplayer portion that's included. With the disc version Anniversary and Reach multi show up as two separate items in your game library so with a download that could be a problem.

Once more problem that could have been solved by including the entirety of Reach multiplayer on a separate disc.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
1. Attack on the Control Room
2. Covenant
3. The Arbiter (or maybe Truth and Reconciliation, but only after boarding the cruiser)

blamite

And to this day I am BAFFLED as to why they didn't do this. It's not like money was seriously a problem, was it?

Even if it would have cost them a bit more at the time surely they could have just made it up in the long run by getting it on GonD quickly and promoting it constantly and putting it on sales like the one going on now. Typical shortsighted MS.

Toa TAK

Banned
It probably was. People weren't happy that ODST cost 60, so they decided to go the $40 route without the Reach DLC disk.

I don't see why people were unhappy with the $60 route. Minus the Halo 3 maps, I thought, especially looking back now, ODST had the value of a $60 game.

Toa TAK

Banned
Bcuz I bought ME3 instead :(
These feelz. I Must get this game.. But BioShock Infinite is coming out soooo fuuuuu-

Oh, if you bought ME3, then I completely understand.

Except Halo had a better ending.

I can't wait for Infinite. Loved the first two games equally, even if they were made by different folks.

Top Bottom