• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Sir Charles seems to think that you guys got cheated.

Head of NCAA officiating just confirmed it was a blown call. Story of our season, bad call then we fuck up coverage.

I just try to imagine if the coin flipped the other way. We may have 2 wins against KU and be a different seed, or be heading to the sweet 16.

Is it football season yet?

Booshka

So glad I don't care about College sports, too random and sloppy for me to get really invested into it. MLB and NBA is where it's at, can't wait for the start of Baseball season, and NBA playoffs are a month away.

Ghazi

As someone who is definetly not the biggest fan of Halo 4s MP, I want honest opinions from those who dislike(d) it as well. Do the Magestic Maps play well? How are the new playlists and gametypes? Have they reintroduced any form of traditional weapon spawns on maps?

The Majestic maps are great, they're well designed (except Skyline's spawns which are garbage) and I have fun playing on them. It sucks that they're only in Infinity game types only aside from Rumble Pro. Majestic maps are the only ones aside from Forge maps that have static spawns on them. I don't know how long it's been since you've played but nothing's change that much since Throwdown came out (which is great, if you weren't around to try it), Action Sack, especially Binary Slayer, is super fun though! I'd go into a lot of detail about the way Majestic plays but I haven't played H4 in awhile to accurately describe them.

I agree that most modern shooters suck, it's hard for me to pinpoint exactly why I think that though but I can easily tell they're not as fun and good as they used to be. Some of my favorite memories come from the BF1942 days, I also find BF3 kinda meh.

this is completely unreasonable of me but if a game has even a single zombie then I automatically assume it's a pandering piece of garbage

Dead rising is one of my favourite games this gen. I rarely see praise for it, maybe more people have an aversion to zombie games than I thought.

TCKaos

Dead rising is one of my favourite games this gen. I rarely see praise for it, maybe more people have an aversion to zombie games than I thought.

I think at this point it's getting a bit tired, if only because it came in to popularity so rapidly. Most of the content is quite good (Dead Rising, L4D 1/2, DayZ, The Walking Dead) but there's so much of it and so many cheap cash-ins that it's essentially become gaming's version of the post-Twilight vampire boom in shitty teen fiction.

I'm holding out for dinosaurs next gen. It'll be baller as fuck.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So glad I don't care about College sports, too random and sloppy for me to get really invested into it. MLB and NBA is where it's at, can't wait for the start of Baseball season, and NBA playoffs are a month away.

Damn I love you

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Baseball is my least favorite major sport, both to play and to watch. I think basketball is my favorite in both aspects, with soccer being a close second.

Baseball is my least favorite major sport, both to play and to watch. I think basketball is my favorite in both aspects, with soccer being a close second.

I think being a pitcher made me like baseball so much more from a spectator pov. It is a sport that appears relatively simple to a viewer, almost easy I guess. But man, being in the game, on that mound, in control. So good. Every pitch is a battle, I love it.

Booshka

I love me some Zombie games, Dead Rising is definitely one of my favorites this gen as well, along with both Left 4 Dead games. It's just that there is an over-saturation of Zombies in almost every game, and in a lot of the games that have zombies in them, it is the least interesting or fun aspect of the game. So, if they focused on what makes the game actually good, and try to avoid throwing zombies at you for no real reason, they would probably be better games. Left 4 Dead's and Dead Rising are 100% committed zombie games, and they do it extremely well.
Damn I love you

It's probably a product of me living and growing up in Los Angeles, where Pro sports and big market teams are the focus, whereas a lot of other people live in states and cities that lack Pro teams so there is more of an emphasis on college sports.

Ghazi

I love watching Soccer and Basketball, I remember when I was a kid the area we lived in was only able to have 2 hours of electricity a day and during soccer season it'd always come on before matches or whenever the World Cup was happening. #childhoodfeels

Fuchsdh

I think at this point it's getting a bit tired, if only because it came in to popularity so rapidly. Most of the content is quite good (Dead Rising, L4D 1/2, DayZ, The Walking Dead) but there's so much of it and so many cheap cash-ins that it's essentially become gaming's version of the post-Twilight vampire boom in shitty teen fiction.

I'm holding out for dinosaurs next gen. It'll be baller as fuck.

I was so sad that Nazi Dinos vs. Allies games was crud. And I definitely agree about the zombies. They're fun for me in moderation--like a faction you fight in the game (the Flood) or as a specific mode (Left2Die/Survival games and mods in Starcraft, etc.) But I hate games where that's all there is.

Tashi

Baseball is superior to all things. College basketball is a fun distraction when I get sick of spring training games in March.

I love Baseball but I can only watch my team play lol

I love me some Zombie games, Dead Rising is definitely one of my favorites this gen as well, along with both Left 4 Dead games. It's just that there is an over-saturation of Zombies in almost every game, and in a lot of the games that have zombies in them, it is the least interesting or fun aspect of the game. So, if they focused on what makes the game actually good, and try to avoid throwing zombies at you for no real reason, they would probably be better games. Left 4 Dead's and Dead Rising are 100% committed zombie games, and they do it extremely well.

It's probably a product of me living and growing up in Los Angeles, where Pro sports and big market teams are the focus, whereas a lot of other people live in states and cities that lack Pro teams so there is more of an emphasis on college sports.

Makes sense.

Ghazi

So apparently MS thinks this about next-gen, we're so fucked if they legitimately believe that Kinect is the future.

Pete Isensee said:
In many ways, the next generation is already here in the form of natural user interfaces powered by Kinect.

Ghazi

So I just bought this:
ygKP5gw.jpg
(Thanks Target sale)

Aside from Paper Mario and Fire Emblem what other good games are out there?

Korosenai

So I just bought this:
ygKP5gw.jpg
(Thanks Target sale)

Skip Paper Mario, boring boring game.

Get: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land, Luigis Mansion 2, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Mario Kart 7, Kingdom Hearts, and OoT.

If you buy Luigis Mansion 2, use the digital game promotion to get Star Fox.

Ramirez

I think being a pitcher made me like baseball so much more from a spectator pov. It is a sport that appears relatively simple to a viewer, almost easy I guess. But man, being in the game, on that mound, in control. So good. Every pitch is a battle, I love it.

I had the exact opposite feeling towards spectating it. Baseball was my love in HS, I would defend it vehemently, but now I find it boring as fuck. It really is a completely different feeling being on the field though.

Few things in life could match the feeling of backhanding a one hopper and launching it from the 3rd base line.

forgeisland_est_01_660.jpg

As announced at our PAX East panel, we will be releasing a free Halo 4 Forge map on April 11, 2013. A large playspace featuring islands known as the "Great Anvils", Forge Island delivers three flat, modifiable areas for your forging pleasure. If you look closely, you can spot a (tiny!) Spartan on the big island. We can’t wait to see what you do with all the space, and we're deeply appreciative of your continued support. See you soon on your new tropical virtual battlefield!

forge island

I had the exact opposite feeling towards spectating it. Baseball was my love in HS, I would defend it vehemently, but now I find it boring as fuck. It really is a completely different feeling being on the field though.

Few things in life could match the feeling of backhanding a one hopper and launching it from the 3rd base line.

Well I should have said that I enjoy it most when I am actually at the game watching. I dont watch too many sports on TV. I actually hardly watch tv lol

Ghazi

y u no get Pikachu edition?
I would've gotten that too if I had the money, but I like the black interior and I'd rather not walk around with a Pikachu one in public.
Can you make the image bigger I can't see your DNA strands properly.
Sorry, I just fixed it. I'm on mobile and it didn't come out large for me.
Skip Paper Mario, boring boring game.

Get: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land, Luigis Mansion 2, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Mario Kart 7, Kingdom Hearts, and OoT.

If you buy Luigis Mansion 2, use the digital game promotion to get Star Fox.
I already had Paper Mario, MH3, MK7, and Luigi's Mansion were all on my to buy list. I was planning on getting Super Mario Land from the promotion though.

Trasher

Careful. This isn't on topic. I don't want to see you get banned too, friend!

Ghazi

After I beat Deus Ex, should I play MGS3 or 2 first? 2 came out first but 3 takes place earlier chronologically
I bought the HD collection during the Ultimate Sale, fuck the Xbox controller. It's so annoying to play on the Xbox controller, imma have to get the PS3 version.

Few things in life could match having just fast enough reflexes to catch a bad hop barehanded and to get the out. Turning double plays (middle infielder) were just as beautiful as timing Camo/Rockets in 2v2 H1 Chill Out.

Baseball. It's the little things in life that make all the difference <3

After I beat Deus Ex, should I play MGS3 or 2 first? 2 came out first but 3 takes place earlier chronologically
MGS3 pretty much stands alone up to that point and is mechanically evolved over 2, so I'd recommend playing 2 first, just so you don't end up setting 3 as a baseline for playability and then revert to 2.

Tashi

Play them in order of release you turd

edit: Also eSports panel at PAX. History lesson

"2001. Halo is released."

*crickets*

so sad

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So I just bought this:
(Thanks Target sale)

I'd recommend SM3DL, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (especially if you have any FF nostalgia whatsoever), and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. Otherwise, the system is pretty dead, as far as my tastes go. Kid Icarus is a really really good game, but the controls keep me from recommending it to others. It can be really frustrating.

There's tons of good eshop games, too, but if you lose or break your console, your purchases can't be downloaded to a new console. It sucks.

Oh wait, and Mario Kart 7!

So I just bought this:
(Thanks Target sale)

You mentioned Fire Emblem, I'd say get that first since it's probably the best 3DS game. I'd also say to skip Paper Mario, and this is coming from a huge Paper Mario fan.

Other games you should get are Theatrythm Final Fantasy (if you like FF music), Kid Icarus, Mario Kart 7, and the two Mario platformers. If you like RPGs, Etrian Odyssey 4 just came out (but I haven't played it), and SMT: Soul Hackers is next month. Oh, and Luigi's Mansion just came out, but I haven't played it yet.

Top Bottom