• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Tunavi

Banned
So Microsoft is having another amazing Xbox Live sale next week for "spring".

Amazing, is MS finally starting to take a Steam like approach to sales?

Might pick up all episodes of Walking Dead for 200 each, since I missed them last time.

Edit: FIFA 13 Games on Demand will be $39.99 aka 3200 Microsoft Points.

I have 3200 Microsoft Points on my account... is it about time for a FIFA 14 to come out or am I good to go with 13 for a while.
Planning on finally getting just cause 2 for 800 points
This is the most serious post I've ever made.

For the love of god Tunavi, do not play Twin Snakes. Please.
I'm going to play Twin Snakes.

just kidding

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why do people freak out over the "rape" scene? I know a girl who won't watch the show BC of it.
Because rape is really scary and some people who've survived raped can be triggered by images of it. Amongst many other reasons.

TheOddOne

same

*swoon*

edit: ha ha oops logged in on my roommate's account. this is sai. i knew i'd forget he was logged in. dammit.
i96jG9qjDF5Y1.gif

Guys, I'm at McGuire's and there's a fat guy in a fedora sitting at a table across from me.

Which one of you is it

EDIT: he just pretentiously requested that the television behind him be turned off. I KNOW IT'S YOU GAF

TheOddOne

i don't get this gif :( :( :( dammit. and i'm the queen of them.

edit: fuuuuck I want bioshock. only seen the original trailer, and a couple vids that play at gamestop all the time, so i'm super excited for it.
It's from the tv series Psych. Shawn is trying to do the no Hanky Panky sign, but nobody understands him throughout the episode.

For the love of god Tunavi, do not play Twin Snakes. Please.

For the love of god get over it. Twin Snakes is perfectly fine, hell it actually does some stuff better than MGS. Cutscenes are much more in line the rest of the series, Gameplay is improved drastically by First person aiming and the other additions of the MGS2 engine. Mei Ling an American born Asian no longer has that stereotypical Asian voice acting. AI is smarter.

Its important to note that no real winner exists between the 2 each do some stuff better than the other but the Twin Snakes hate is hilariously misguided. For someone new to the series Twin Snakes is such a better way to ease into it than MGS1 is.

TCKaos

For the love of god get over it. Twin Snakes is perfectly fine, hell it actually does some stuff better than MGS. Cutscenes are much more in line the rest of the series, Gameplay is improved drastically by First person aiming and the other additions of the MGS2 engine. Mei Ling an American born Asian no longer has that stereotypical Asian voice acting. AI is smarter.

Its important to note that no real winner exists between the 2 each do some stuff better than the other but the Twin Snakes hate is hilariously misguided. For someone new to the series Twin Snakes is such a better way to ease into it than MGS1 is.

I've come to the conclusion that Metal Gear Solid is what actually happened, the novelization is the story Snake tells when he's out on a pub crawl and Twin Snakes is the story Otacon tells his friends on Gaia.

Gui_PT

Brother, most of the characters are ruined.
Snake didn't grow up in a circus to learn all those idiotic flips. He's not a hero, he's just snake.
Mei Ling's accent was awesome. The Raven now has a stupid american accent.
The last cutscene is ruined because they tried to make it look cooler.

They even ruined the Shut up in there will ya!
Haha I just noticed HE HID ON THE CEILING LIKE SPIDER MAN! smh

The only thing that might be better is the AI.

tumblr_mdck3saHqf1qedvo5o1_250.gif

Madness

Then don't watch medieval shows on hbo? War is scary and traumatizing for survivors as well.

I somewhat agree. Some people have trouble with reality vs fiction. For example, Laurie Holden was supposedly getting death threats from people who hate her portrayal of Andrea in Walking Dead.

It's not so much about not wanting to watch the show, as it is about being uncomfortable. For example, a former soldier who might also have been a POW might not be able to stomach a torture scene or something. I could totally understand how a survivor of rape or sexual assault may not want to watch a scene like that playing out. I had a friend who used to get beat up by his dad a lot when I was really really young. And every time I watched this movie Radio Flyer I'd get sad and think of him for some reason.

On an unrelated note, I was watching the GoT season three trailer and wrote Can't wait, looks great! And some ass replied back, and I didn't have the foresight to not look and he spoiled something so huge that I was pissed all night. And if I hadn't been re watching season 2 the past few days, it would've went over my head. So not only did I have walking dead spoiled but now game of thrones

Ramirez

Twin Snakes was awesome.

I love how people flip out over those exaggerated cut scenes, but all of the other bat shit stuff in MGS is some how normal.

Did anyone listen to the 40minutes Audiobook at Waypoint? I mean the one, you unlock with the Silentium code. I wish 343i would offer the audio file for download.

JHall

So I started this Game of Thrones show and I gotta say..

It's pretty damn good. The sex/rape scenes were unnecessary and so was Wolfie's death ;'[ RIP, but overall I'm hooked. RIP horsie too.. I'm on Season 1 Episode 5.

Such a good show.

Don't you have GoW: Judgement? I rented it from redbox to pass the time till Bioshock.

What about 4?

The Microwave scene, as awesome as it is, is just as silly as anything in TS.
It's another torture sequence, he doesn't make it through that with any kind of grace. You might question his survivability, but the way he actually goes through with it isn't out of the ordinary for him. He crawls.

Ramirez

It's another torture sequence, he doesn't make it through that with any kind of grace. You might question his survivability, but the way he actually goes through with it isn't out of the ordinary for him. He crawls.

Someone crawling through something like that is just as implausible as someone doing a backflip on a missile to me.

Someone crawling through something like that is just as implausible as someone doing a backflip on a missile to me.
Maybe, but survivability is kind of Snake's thing, everything he does in cutscenes don't break the bond between the character you're playing. If he can backflip missiles and jump over doorframes, why the hell am I not doing more of that when I'm in control?

Ramirez

Maybe, but survivability is kind of Snake's thing, everything he does in cutscenes don't break the bond between the character you're playing. If he can backflip missiles and jump over doorframes, why the hell am I not doing more of that when I'm in control?

Same reason you never get to do anything cool as MC except push buttons!

Top Bottom