• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
New forge playlist: played a map where both sides have a sniper spawn on an elevated platform in each respective base. The catch? One base has a ramp leading to the snipe, the other... You either need a jetpack to access it or have to scale an adjacent building, jump on top of the fusion coil then sprint jump off of a soft kill area to reach it. Truly, what are 'they' doing?

Played team snipes in the forge playlist and yes, there's binary rifles on the map. With unlimited ammo.

Overall though I give the playlist a B plus, some decent maps in there, plus regular weapon spawns. Small mercy.

Interesting. Thanks for the notes. I'm going to jump in tonight when I get home.

Nebula

New forge playlist: played a map where both sides have a sniper spawn on an elevated platform in each respective base. The catch? One base has a ramp leading to the snipe, the other... You either need a jetpack to access it or have to scale an adjacent building, jump on top of the fusion coil then sprint jump off of a soft kill area to reach it. Truly, what are 'they' doing?

Played team snipes in the forge playlist and yes, there's binary rifles on the map. With unlimited ammo.

Overall though I give the playlist a B plus, some decent maps in there, plus regular weapon spawns. Small mercy.

Team Snipers in the playlist. Darn it.

senador

Banned
I'm getting ready to play Halo 4 again, I'll probably wait til June 3rf though. How's matchmaking with the small player base?

CyReN

9W15pKW.png

Team Snipers in the playlist. Darn it.

Much worse than that, SWAT appears almost every round and was in the first slot for much of those. Swat is basically an insta quit for me, so tiresome how it's pervading multiple playlists when it already has its own.

Also, epiphany from earlier in the day: the only place to find a no sprint gametype in Halo 4 is in Action Sack (Lightning Flag). No sprint is now wacky party stuff. Meanwhile, Infinity Slayer is still the premier, default gametype.

Nebula

Much worse than that, SWAT appears almost every round and was in the first slot for much of those. Swat is basically an insta quit for me, so tiresome how it's pervading multiple playlists when it already has its own.

Also, epiphany from earlier in the day: the only place to find a no sprint gametype in Halo 4 is in Action Sack (Lightning Flag). No sprint is now wacky party stuff. Meanwhile, Infinity Slayer is still the premier, default gametype.

Lightning Flag is great for the LightRifle challenge. But SWAT is meh. It has its own playlist, and shouldn't be in this one. Got my fill of that host based crap in H3.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I feel Frankie coming. SWAT is his babby.

Also, for the record, I hate both flinch and de-scoping. Someone find me a better solution.

I honestly want to know what makes him think random flinch is better than consistent descoping. Is it because newer=better?

Flinch is one of the worst things to happen in Halo with Halo 4. It's even worse when you consider that 343 gives certain players a perk that gives you a sever advantage by making you flinch a lot less than another player. Unbalanced much? Though to be fair, can't expect much from a company who thought a starting pistol that is more powerful than a shotgun would be a good choice for a starting pistol. :/

Madness

I feel Frankie coming. SWAT is his babby.

Also, for the record, I hate both flinch and de-scoping. Someone find me a better solution.

Why? When descoping works pretty good, why spend time and resources on another solution that may end up even worse? Hate for flinch is near universal, not so much for descoping.

I'm starting to wonder just how many people even enjoyed the previous games at all, especially since core features are so casually dismissed.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why? When descoping works pretty good, why spend time and resources on another solution that may end up even worse? Hate for flinch is near universal, not so much for descoping.

I'm starting to wonder just how many people even enjoyed the previous games at all, especially since core features are so casually dismissed.

Because getting descoped in a DMR battle is dumb. For snipers descoping works fine. My rage comes out when in a long range DMR battle where we both just alternate descoping each other until someone dies. (Reach).

The end of a era. HaloGAF is a serious OT again. What happened to us, guys?

I'm getting ready to play Halo 4 again, I'll probably wait til June 3rf though. How's matchmaking with the small player base?
It is enjoyable. Get a party ready and you should be okay.

Madness

Because getting descoped in a DMR battle is dumb. For snipers descoping works fine. My rage comes out when in a long range DMR battle where we both just alternate descoping each other until someone dies. (Reach).

That's a consequence of putting a long range 3x scope weapon in the game and thinking it'll work great.

Reason it wasn't so noticeable before Reach was because you weren't pinged every second cross map, especially by guys nowhere close to you while you're trying to fight someone else.

Sorry if I acted a bit cranky. I was just reading some posts and complaints on numerous forums, Bungie, GameFAQs, Waypoint etc. They tried to reinvent the wheel with this game and nearly every single aspect they brought is hated. Instant respawn, join in progress, kill cams, loadouts, etc. All this time spent on features that they are retroactively removing, and forced to add features that existed before but we're removed.

But serious question, how many people actually demanded descoping to go away? Did you honestly think not having descoping at all was a better solution? It's the only thing that prevents you from just sitting in a corner scoped the whole match.

Nebula

And having each persons aim bounce around the screen when they get hit until one of them dies is a much better solution?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I don't even know which first map you're talking about. Crucifix? I can't recall doing any of those things to get a sniper.

Nebula

I don't even know which first map you're talking about. Crucifix? I can't recall doing any of those things to get a sniper.

Is this going to be one of those moments where someone forgot to set something to spawn at start?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is this going to be one of those moments where someone forgot to set something to spawn at start?

Not that I recall. On Crucifix there's an item that doesn't spawn initially but after. Rockets also only spawn on initial I believe. Those are by design.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Good job on the OP, Oddone.

Guess I'm here for the Xbox reveal tomorrow, and something tells me I should stick around give the game another go with the weapons re-balance.

five_posts.jpg

Feels bad, man.

Wish I could play Halo more, I've just been super busy with travel and personal projects lately, not to mention DBO. I try not to post here unless I have something constructive to say and it's hard to do that when I spend so little time actually playing games. Weapon rebalance sounds neat.

Fingers crossed for Halo news tomorrow, though I'd gladly settle for something at E3. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom