• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have played some of the forge island playlist and love the narrows and midship style maps, crucifix also seems very good. I struggled to get my head around Elevated but I think the map has a lot of potential to be fun once I do, the action seemed to take place in a good area in the game I played.

The weighting on the maps is odd, why does Onyx show up so much less than the others? I have played all of them once but can barely remember the ones I havent mentioned on here.

After overwhelming feedback from the community for a gametype without Plasma Grenades & Plasma Pistols in loadouts, Slayer Pro will be added to Big Team Infinity Slayer. This will be similar to the Doubles Pro variant which features FOUR loadouts and no radar and no ordnance. The DMR, Battle Rifle, LightRifle & Carbine will be your four choices in these weapon loadouts. Below are a list of all changes coming to Big Team Infinity Slayer.

So RIP Storm Rifle for BTB Slayer?

Nebula

@SltyPoison said:
Watch MS pull an Activision and announce another Halo developer alongside 343 tomorrow. Would be nuts.

I don't think I could handle this. Very unlikely though. Posted by SltyPoison on twitter.

So RIP Storm Rifle for BTB Slayer?

Look at the overwhelming positives.

No more Plasma Pistol
No more Plasma Grenades

We also need a team of 8 to run BTB as often as possible, and we should only vote for Slayer Pro.

I don't even know which first map you're talking about. Crucifix? I can't recall doing any of those things to get a sniper.

Don't know the name either. It was CTF. Upon opening spawn there is a sniper behind you on a elevated box. A shotgun spawns to the right. Hog in the base Rockets are in the middle and a sticky det spawns on the left or right side. There are a couple of ramps which lead up to a ledge which overlooks the base. I also played 1 site extraction. The map was actually pretty decent apart from the wtf sniper spawn.

Don't know the name either. It was CTF. Upon opening spawn there is a sniper behind you on a elevated box. A shotgun spawns to the right. Hog in the base Rockets are in the middle and a sticky det spawns on the left or right side. There are a couple of ramps which lead up to a ledge which overlooks the base. I also played 1 site extraction. The map was actually pretty decent apart from the wtf sniper spawn.

I think its Forgotten, I am playing it now and someone seemed really bemused that he couldnt reach the sniper lol.

After overwhelming feedback from the community for a gametype without Plasma Grenades & Plasma Pistols in loadouts, Slayer Pro will be added to Big Team Infinity Slayer. This will be similar to the Doubles Pro variant which features FOUR loadouts and no radar and no ordnance. The DMR, Battle Rifle, LightRifle & Carbine will be your four choices in these weapon loadouts. Below are a list of all changes coming to Big Team Infinity Slayer.
o1UNa.gif

WHAT???

This was in last week's bulletin? How did I miss this wonderful news?!?

u4iX

Well... 343 takes these YouTube comments more seriously than the hardcore Halo fanbase, as Halo 4 showed us...

Which is exactly why this patch is catering almost specifically towards outcries and pleas from the hard core competitive community, right?

I might have heated opinions every once and a while, but I'm not closed minded and blinded enough to ignore when they try and extend an olive branch.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So I have played some of the forge island playlist and love the narrows and midship style maps, crucifix also seems very good. I struggled to get my head around Elevated but I think the map has a lot of potential to be fun once I do, the action seemed to take place in a good area in the game I played.

The weighting on the maps is odd, why does Onyx show up so much less than the others? I have played all of them once but can barely remember the ones I havent mentioned on here.

Glad you like it. Took me a few games to get Elevated too. Map is awesome.

Ahh Forgotten. If you said Warthogs I would have gotten it right away.

That map was a tough one to come around too. The first time we played a Slayer on it, I wasn't feeling it. Later we went back and played a CTF on it and it was an epic match. We knew we didn't wanna go normal slayer on it and I think it plays well and is unique because of its size and also the Warthogs.

I'll have to relook at the sniper situation again, I can't seem to remember any weird issues like you mentioned.

Which is exactly why this patch is catering almost specifically towards outcries and pleas from the hard core competitive community, right?

I might have heated opinions every once and a while, but I'm not closed minded and blinded enough to ignore when they try and extend an olive branch.

These people are clearly still hoping for a ordnance removal. Not gonna happen.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Also, PM me any questions you have about the Seattle trip. Going to be recording a podcast this week. Ask anything. You can ask about Seattle, what we ate, who we met and saw, what we did. And then of course questions about the new settings too.

PM me the questions, don't post them here.

Purplemage

Neo Member
^^^ Fucking perfect Gabotron.

I'm excited and horrified at the prospect of slayer pro in BTB. As long as the stickies and PP are still decently available I think it'd be fun. It's just old school Halo vehicle donging sessions, which can be fair and fun, until one team starts quitting out.

I wonder if 343 will show something at the Xbox Reveal?

KVKlZjd.png

Of course, they probably are just showing up to watch.. still.. this is the time for baseless hype, right?

Computron

As soon as Google Chrome gets support for animated .Webp playback, GAF will explode.

I'm already testing out some of the converter.
The file sizes are quite good, and GAF already supports .webp image embedding.

Incredible GIF! Get shit on Chrome

Bonnie is an MS employee guys, maybe she was just checking it out.

But, nah there will be something Halo related either tomorrow or at E3.

Personally, I think if 343 has something Halo it will be saved for e3. But even so, I figured it was worth posting despite it likely having no greater meaning.

Gui_PT

I think there almost HAS to be something Halo related tomorrow.

CE was very important to the first xbox and it'd make sense for them to keep that going.

ididn'tevenreadthatstupiduselessop

senador

Banned

True, but she doesn't work at that campus right? She's also been tweeting about the reveal for a little bit now and she wasn't tweeting before that. Its just interesting.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We need to get a Halo lobby going before / after the Xbox reveal tomorrow.

True, but she doesn't work at that campus right? She's also been tweeting about the reveal for a little bit now and she wasn't tweeting before that. Its just interesting.

As the GM of the studio, she probably spends a significant amount of time on campus with MGS/Xbox brass. I was just pointing that out though, I fully expect something Halo tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom