• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

fECE9h.jpg

fin

IHaveIce

Banned
Back at home, short: Halo 4 is cool.

But I think Complex was to big for me for the gametypes.

Jetpack is still bad.

Didn't play Flood.

BigShow36

Not my fault the map wasn't made to accomodate the change. Could have been done, easily.

No, it's not your fault. However, that doesn't mean that AR starts play better. What I don't get is that in order for AR starts to "work," (I don't think they every really work) the majority of the playspace needs to be close quarters. Whats the point of having a large map if its essentially a bunch of tight quarters?

LOL. I'm arguing against a map designed and launched with AR starts, then was given BR starts and was not redesigned to accomodate this change, leading to an amplification effect of the map's flaws. .

But that's the point; it didn't work with AR starts. Thats why they made it BR starts.

GhaleonEB

Can you change direction in the air with a thrust? Like jump forward, but thrust backward?

I think so. You go the direction you are pointing the thumb stick at the time you engage the ability. I want to say I used it to backpedal away from someone who had a sword, when I had been moving forward. But I can't recall if I came to a full stop before reversing or not.
You can jump off an edge, and then thrust back on the level, if that answers your question.

That'll do it.

You're literally confirming everyone's fears. GG.

I'm kidding. Besides, Wahrer Machine in the War Machine™ is a very easy target to take care of. I probably wouldn't even notice if people hijacked me if I was just waiting outside a door. Just have one of your teammates text me so I go afk for a few minutes. :lol

I would only do this in a party full of GAF members where we already had map control.

Via theory crafting Valhalla does seem like a bad idea with the DMR, but I took some time to think about it again. Long range weapons promote more strafing and maintaining the encounter range rather than rushing forward. The DMR may actually promote more use of the sides of the map forcing a better dispersal of combat around the map. And with weapon ordnance it can only get better than H3. In the end theorycrafting will only get you so far and actually playing will tell you more than anything. Even just observation of footage can only go so far.

Regardless, Ragnarok is an awesome name. I love Norse mythology... I'm one of the few that enjoyed Too Human. lol...

BigShow36

Via theory crafting Valhalla does seem like a bad idea with the DMR, but I took some time to think about it again. Long range weapons promote more strafing and maintaining the encounter range rather than rushing forward. The DMR may actually promote more use of the sides of the map forcing a better dispersal of combat around the map. And with weapon ordnance it can only get better than H3. In the end theorycrafting will only get you so far and actually playing will tell you more than anything. Even just observation of footage can only go so far.

Regardless, Ragnarok is an awesome name. I love Norse mythology... I'm one of the few that enjoyed Too Human. lol...

Exactly. Effective long-range weapons allow you to actually use more of the map, promote more intelligent movement and more intelligent use of map angles and LOS.

What you appear to be circling is the central spire of the base and not a mantis as to what I think you think is there

Just saying

Unless you're just pointing out the fins lol

He's just pointing out the fins on the base. They weren't there before. Clearly the remake is ruined by their inclusion. ;)

Vire

So now that we have seen 7 of the 10 maps, what does everyone want to see in the final 3 maps?

Another competitive?

Midsize?

Covenant themed map?

Space themed map?

Those suggestions are what I want

He's just pointing out the fins on the base. They weren't there before. Clearly the remake is ruined by their inclusion. ;)
I was trying to find a fun way to say I'm not sure how I feel about the fins on the bases. Guess I failed miserably.

*punished to playing Halo 4 at 15 frames per second*

Yes. The full interview is available online and you can read it here.

IGN is like the Sun in video game journalism.

That didnt really give much more information.

Im actually pretty shocked that Bungie would have acted like that. Also shocked that Halo was forced on them and they had to change theyre game to accomodate it. Suddently the vast change between the first trailer and the full game is a bit more apparent.

I personally love Halo Wars and still play it, shame that behind the scenes it seems like so much douchbaggery went on whether thats from MS, Ensamble or Bungie.

I enjoyed Too Human immensely

Top Bottom