• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Just a friendly reminder. Contest ends Monday at 5pm EDT. I've gotten some great entries so far, but there are still few enough that you have a very good chance of winning something!

Details at HaloGAF.com.

TLDR:
1. Use MS Paint to draw your favorite campaign moment from Halo 3.
2. Email it to ncsuDuncan@gmail.com
3. ???
4. Prophet!

DeadNames

Banned
More the fact that the future generation is a lost cause, sorry, but a Blackberry at 10 years old, that's just laughable.

Not to mention the yogscast minecraft deal.

Ugh. I can't stand the sound of a little kid with an English accent saying "THIS IS MUY MINECWUFT WUWLD". Nothing against the accent, but when placed with a squeaky voice...

consider my gears grinded.

You're the biggest lunch in here!

<3

Oi bring your own regional colloquialisms to the party Northman! They call alleys 'gennels' up there right? Lol.

From what we've seen, it looks like there's not to be interactive map elements ala the bridge and base switches on Zanzibar/Last Resort.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If the game is gold, does that mean that playlists have been organized and are ready to go?

Because a list with all gametypes and playlists would be so awesome right about now. I'm curious as to how much the Infinity flavor permeates matchmaking.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
If the game is gold, does that mean that playlists have been organized and are ready to go?

Because a list with all gametypes and playlists would be so awesome right about now. I'm curious as to how much the Infinity flavor permeates matchmaking.

I hope it's everywhere, and Oprah is an announcer in the BTB playlist.

"You get a mech, and you get a mech, and you get a mech, EVERYONE GETS A MECH!"

Big Team Infinity Slayer? Oh boy.

Everyone's going to get ordnance drops up the ass!

It's gonna be frantic, just the way I love my halo.

Oi bring your own regional colloquialisms to the party Northman! They call alleys 'gennels' up there right? Lol.

From what we've seen, it looks like there's not to be interactive map elements ala the bridge and base switches on Zanzibar/Last Resort.

Why aye marra, you got some canny lugs on ye son.

Northeast here, We call Alleys "Alleys"

I've heard it before, not often though.

I don't really see how those are connected, Game being sent for cert does not mean that server side stuff is complete just the actual disc contents, Its essentially like asking if SpOps is complete.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Not necessarily, since the playlists are server side. However I'd be surprised if they didn't have a pretty final list already put together for launch.

feel

Wtf at the random picture of a foot and blood. Dude post a link if you really must share ugly personal stuff like that.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
My go to playlist, depending on whether dominion will get its own one as well.

Good point, actually. They've teased more unrevealed gametypes, haven't they? I can't even imagine how the playlist set up is going to be like at this point. Too many gametypes, too many options and this is without thinking about the classic playlists and possible ranked playlists.

http://www.dewxp.com/ is up and running.. When I tried yesterday it wasn't.

PlcII.png

Good point, actually. They've teased more unrevealed gametypes, haven't they? I can't even imagine how the playlist set up is going to be like at this point. Too many gametypes, too many options and this is without thinking about the classic playlists and possible ranked playlists.

All these fresh new/old gametypes have me really frikkin excited for this bitchin game.. Soo damn close!

You just don't want to drop the flag. Just tell us.

You got me.

We can't say it's the go-to playlist, we gotta see the other ones! When they reveal the Preminum Quality playlist, you're won't be so quick to jump the gun!

Damn.

True.

In one of the dominion videos, either the IGN or Inside Gamer one, one of the 343 employees mentioned that it was a 6v6 mode. But, I am not sure if he meant that in regards to the games played at the press event, or if he meant that it would be 6v6 in the retail version.

Which would mean that it would not be in BTB.

Ryaaan14

Banned
How does the XP thing normally work with the food & drinks? I've never participated in any of the CoD promotions. One cap get you like 10 mins of 2x XP or something?

People still play halo?

The mech looks like a digimon.

When are we going to get a side-scrolling Halo again? The first-person ones were nice but don't stay true to the series.

Gamefuel stuffs:

The Mtn Dew Game Fuel/Halo 4 "Unlock and Load" promotion (the "Promotion") begins October 14, 2012 at 12:00:01 p.m. ET and ends January 31, 2013 at 11:59:59 a.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). By participation in the Promotion, each individual unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Pepsi-Cola Company and Frito-Lay North America, Inc. ("Sponsors"), whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. The computer clock of the Sponsors' webmaster is the official time-keeping device in the promotion.

Each time an eligible individual ("Participant(s)") logs onto the Website using their e-mail address and enters a Code, the Participant will automatically receive the amount of Double XP (Experience Points) or MEGA XP matches (Double XP and MEGA XP Matches will be collectively referred to as "XP Matches") associated with their Code (as specified below) and will receive one (1) Prize Entry (as described below) good for one (1) entry into one (1) sweepstakes drawing of their choice.

*Power of 1 Bonus: Buy a participating Mtn Dew product and any bag of participating Doritos and enter the Codes together and you can receive a weekly bonus of Two (2) Double XP Matches. Limit one (1) Power of 1 Bonus per week per Participant.

For the purposes of these Official Rules, a &#8216;week' is defined as 12:00:01 p.m. ET, Monday through 11:59:59 a.m. ET the following Monday.

**Power of 3 Bonus: Buy a participating Halo&reg; 4 Game from Wal-Mart, a participating Mtn Dew 24 pack and any specially-marked 11.5 oz or 10.5 oz bag of participating Doritos and enter the Codes together and you can receive a one-time bonus of a Twelve (12) Double XP Matches. Limit one (1) Power of 3 Bonus per the life of the promotion.</p>

***Dollar General Bonus: Buy a participating Mtn Dew 20 oz. product and any bag of participating Doritos 2 oz. or 3 oz. single serve bags purchased together in the same Point of Sale/Point of Purchase store transaction at participating Dollar General stores and receive a printed receipt that contains a special additional bonus Code worth Two (2) Double XP Matches. Can only receive One (1) special additional bonus code per printed receipt transaction. There are no limits to the number of times a Participant can receive this special Dollar General bonus throughout the life of this promotion.

Each Code can only be used once, subsequent attempts to re-submit or re-use the same Code, will be void. A maximum of 750 Code entries per person/Account throughout the Promotion Period. Limit one Account per person. A maximum of 200 Matches worth of XP Matches per Gamer ID throughout the Promotion Period. Each person can only enter Codes into one Account under one registration. If a person enters Codes into multiple Accounts, then Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may void any such Codes and Accounts. Total number of Codes distributed by Sponsors throughout the Promotion Period is approximately 1.5 billion based upon an estimated number of game pieces produced at the time of printing of these Official Rules, given away or obtained through one of the methods mentioned above or through the "No Purchase Necessary" method of entry, actual number may vary. Codes, Prize Entries and XP Matches have no cash value. Codes must be entered on the Website before the end of the Promotion Period and any unused Codes after this time shall be void. At the end of the Promotion Period, any unused XP Matches shall be automatically transferred to the Gamer ID on the gaming platform last chosen by the Participant. The "Dashboard" section of the Website will record all transactions and Account history within your Account, including Codes entered, balances, XP Matches and Prize Entries redeemed. Sponsors assume no liability for discrepancies, omissions, inconsistencies or errors in the number of Codes entered or the number of Prize Entries or XP Matches acquired as a result thereof as reported on the Website. If any part of any game piece or Code is counterfeited, or if the game piece or Code comes from other games or promotions, or if any part is illegible, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if it contains or reflects printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors, the game piece or Code, as applicable, will be rejected and will be deemed void and invalid. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of Sponsors with respect to Code entry, Account balances, Prize Entries or XP transactions are final and binding, including without limitation, determinations regarding the validity of game pieces.

20oz= 3 matches
12pack= 6 matches
Wal-Mart 24pack (MEGA XP)=12 matches
32 oz./44 oz. Fountain Cups= N/A

--------

There's more stuff on the site (in the source) but thats about all of the interesting stuff.

IHaveIce

Banned

Just a friendly reminder. Contest ends Monday at 5pm EDT. I've gotten some great entries so far, but there are still few enough that you have a very good chance of winning something!

Details at HaloGAF.com.

TLDR:
1. Use MS Paint to draw your favorite campaign moment from Halo 3.
2. Email it to ncsuDuncan@gmail.com
3. ???
4. Prophet!

Sent my entry today, was fun to create something.

Also really jelous of you guys and mountain dew Halo stuff, no way this is coming to Germany or something like this :(

Ryaaan14

Banned
Gamefuel stuffs:

**Power of 3 Bonus: Buy a participating Halo&reg; 4 Game from Wal-Mart, a participating Mtn Dew 24 pack and any specially-marked 11.5 oz or 10.5 oz bag of participating Doritos and enter the Codes together and you can receive a one-time bonus of a Twelve (12) Double XP Matches. Limit one (1) Power of 3 Bonus per the life of the promotion.</p>

Fuck yes! Power of Wal Mart!

Top Bottom