• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

wwm0nkey

Ahh just like old times, I now hope that

1| Halo 4 gets some kick ass adverts like Starry Night, or the Diorama
2| That FUD doesn't turn out to be as fucking bad as it looks.
3| There are cool surprises along the way
FUD has Kelly and Fred, its already on god status to me now lol

Karl2177

I was entered in a Halo Reach tournament, but I was disqualified because my fourth didn't wake up on time. :(

So I go home to play some Borderlands, and my progress got practically reset. I lost all motivation to play it. :(

Today's been pretty crummy.

Ken

I was entered in a Halo Reach tournament, but I was disqualified because my fourth didn't wake up on time. :(

So I go home to play some Borderlands, and my progress got practically reset. I lost all motivation to play it. :(

Good news is you can still post on GAF.

Wait.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Look at the bright side, at least you didn't have to go to your grandfather's wake today!

Always a silver lining son!

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm really debating switching my pre-order to Wal-Mart just for this.

Where's your other pre-order? You can probably just put your $5 down to get your bonus from the other place, then get your pre-order + game at Wal Mart and get the best of both worlds. Unless it's Amazon or something.

Karl2177

Good news is you can still post on GAF.

Wait.
Bish is just gonna roll into this thread, ignoring the bloody foot and ban just me.

Look at the bright side, at least you didn't have to go to your grandfather's wake today!

Always a silver lining son!

Did you? If so, my condolences, man. I have pretty good memories of one of my grandfathers. The other one developed Alzheimer's when I was young, so most my memories of him are calling me the wrong name. Kinda sucks that I hardly got to know him and he never got to actually know me.

Enfinit

Where's your other pre-order? You can probably just put your $5 down to get your bonus from the other place, then get your pre-order + game at Wal Mart and get the best of both worlds. Unless it's Amazon or something.

I have $30 down on the LE at GameStop currently, although I might switch to Walmart if I can... How would I go about getting the bonuses from both places without buying two copies of the game?

So the DEWXP stuff, it comes with a code, of which you redeem, that allows you to play a match for double XP?

Ryaaan14

Banned
I have $30 down on the LE at GameStop currently, although I might switch to Walmart if I can... How would I go about getting the bonuses from both places without buying two copies of the game?

So the DEWXP stuff, it comes with a code, of which you redeem, that allows you to play a match for double XP?

Well I know if you pre-order from Wal Mart all you do is pay $5 for a pre-order card with codes and shit already on it. I just don't know if that's what you'll need to redeem the XP bonus for, or if you'll actually need the copy of the game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bish is just gonna roll into this thread, ignoring the bloody foot and ban just me.

Did you? If so, my condolences, man. I have pretty good memories of one of my grandfathers. The other one developed Alzheimer's when I was young, so most my memories of him are calling me the wrong name. Kinda sucks that I hardly got to know him and he never got to actually know me.

Yeah, funeral tomorrow, they have me as a pallbearer as well.

It's not a huge deal, just trying to put a positive spin on your dilemma. Just remember, it's never as bad as it could be, even when it's pretty bad.

:)

You mean this one? We are ODST.

It's my favorite live action trailer from the Halo series.

Yep

Best one of all of them. The ODST one follows it IMO.

My favorite scene ever!

ibxSwXQQ9mVtQ3.gif

senador

Banned
It'd be nice if you could get XP stuff from Seattle's Best coffee or something healthy instead of soda. That blows that it only comes from soda (at this point).

You sign up on the site, redeem the code from package and then it gives you a code to redeem on XBL. It seems it gives out double XP by the match, the smallest increment being 3 matches. Ill see of there are more details buried, it was a lot to read through.

My favorite scene ever!

ibxSwXQQ9mVtQ3.gif

So good. The production quality on this was great.. Well, the Brute looked weird, but otherwise it was awesome. I really don't see FUD living up to this visually... FUD has a kinda cheesy visual vibe to it sadly.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really like any of the live action ads. My favorite Halo ads are probably Starry Night and the Halo 2 TV spots.

Ryaaan14

Banned
It'd be nice if you could get XP stuff from Seattle's Best coffee or something healthy instead of soda. That blows that it only comes from soda (at this point).

They're not giving out double XP for crossword puzzles. Real gamers don't believe in health.

Bsigg12

I'm with you there. I don't eat Doritos or drink Mt. Dew (or soda in general) so this kinda sucks for me. While I get the whole marketing thing and how Pepsi Co and Microsoft probably have a pretty awesome deal worked out for this, it sucks for the fans of the series who don't partake in the consumption of those goods. I'll find a way to get some codes so I can get a few days, but it'll probably come from me having friends save bags/caps for me.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Right? If it has to be junk food, at least make it good junk food. Like ice cream or beef jerky or something.

Double EXP for something healthy would be awesome. Hell, just package it with household items to maximize advertisements. Water bottles, emergency generators, toilet paper... the possibilities are endless!

I could see DEXP working with Hot Pockets or Subway honestly.

Also, question for duncan: if we submit more than one picture are all of them candidates for the random pick? Or is only your final submission added to that?

Fracas

#fuckonami
WHAT IS THAT...

Are those...pizza flavored gummies?!

/puke

Lol I'm not sure. It looks so gross, but I kind of want to try it. Although the whole concept of "tilt and eat" (which apparently is trademarked, according to the site) sounds horrible.

It's basically a feed bag.

edit: wait, it's not trademarked. still, it sounds fucking gross lol

heckfu

Banned
Double EXP for something healthy would be awesome. Hell, just package it with household items to maximize advertisements. Water bottles, emergency generators, toilet paper... the possibilities are endless!

BEEP BOOP I am computer and cannot compute.

CyReN

Starry Night was fantastic... Also, you never liked "Believe"? What exactly turned you off of the other ads? Personally I like em, but the Reach one had weird pacing and effects that took me out a lot.

I had to view the page source to grab the info.

You are a god among men<3

Also, question for duncan: if we submit more than one picture are all of them candidates for the random pick? Or is only your final submission added to that?

It honestly is irresponsible to give extra XP for junk food.. while the game is M-Rated we all know tons of kids play it, and now tons of kids will buy extra Doritos and Mountain Dew to get the BR first. They should at least give it with a few less unhealthy items.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It honestly is irresponsible to give extra XP for junk food.. while the game is M-Rated we all know tons of kids play it, and now tons of kids will buy extra Doritos and Mountain Dew to get the BR first. They should at least give it with a few less unhealthy items.

You're missing one point here.

Most "kids" won't be buying that shit. Their irresponsible parents will be.

The issue isn't with how capitalism works in this case, it's on the responsibility of parents/the individual to control themselves.

So is Halo 4 releasing on November 6th all around the world? Does that mean we in Australia basically get it a day before the US? I can't remember if it was the same with the others or not.

I think Reach was world wide.

Omni

So is Halo 4 releasing on November 6th all around the world? Does that mean we in Australia basically get it a day before the US? I can't remember if it was the same with the others or not.

Bsigg12

Lol I'm not sure. It looks so gross, but I kind of want to try it. Although the whole concept of "tilt and eat" (which apparently is trademarked, according to the site) sounds horrible.

It's basically a feed bag.

edit: wait, it's not trademarked. still, it sounds fucking gross lol

I'm going to BestBuy tomorrow and they actually sell that Gamer Grub stuff so I think I'll pick up a bag of each flavor (there's 4, at 2.99 each) and let you know how they taste.

I considered buying some, if only for the novelty. People seem to like them, so maybe they're not terrible.

The website for them cracks me up, especially with the product descriptions.

I like the whole "play" to try and relate to the gaming community. I get that the guy who made them has some history with the early beginnings of gaming but they're trying really hard here.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm going to BestBuy tomorrow and they actually sell that Gamer Grub stuff so I think I'll pick up a bag of each flavor (there's 4, at 2.99 each) and let you know how they taste.

I considered buying some, if only for the novelty. People seem to like them, so maybe they're not terrible.

The website for them cracks me up, especially with the product descriptions.

Is it irresponsible of me to buy all of this double EXP shit using my free lunches on the college campus and then just dump all of the actual food parts of them into my friend who mooches the shit out of my food anyway?

EDIT: best first page post ever, goddammit

Even if I do not have a reservoir for all of this unhealthy junk I'm still buying a few metric tons of food for my 200 DEXP matches. Plants can live off Mountain Dew, right?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Is it irresponsible of me to buy all of this double EXP shit using my free lunches on the college campus and then just dump all of the actual food parts of them into my friend who mooches the shit out of my food anyway?

Make him so fat he blocks the door, then lock yourself in the room playing Halo 4, only taking breaks to money-shot him every 15 minutes so eventually he can squeeze back out into the hallway.

It's like a meta game on "launch" day.

You only get one "official" entry for both the random pick and "Judge's Choice". If you want to replace a previous entry, that's fine.

If you want to submit more just for fun, I'll include them in the gallery as non-entries. Just make sure I know they aren't replacing your "official" entry.

Getting some really great submissions. Keep 'em coming!

Top Bottom