• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Rofl... at the ending. Though the mantis doesn't really feel like it fits the general Halo aesthetic. :(
No way, I think it fits in really well with the UNSC aesthetic. I love it, and I'm usually a bit of a skeptic when it comes to mechs.

Ugh, I hate Waypoint's video player :| Such terrible quality for me.
Yeah, it's so bad. It should be mandatory that Waypoint release videos simultaneously on Youtube. Or, you know, just go with a better video player.

Val_ext3.jpg

vs
Tm5Ir.jpg

zap

Yeah, it's so bad. It should be mandatory that Waypoint release videos simultaneously on Youtube. Or, you know, just go with a better video player.

They usually have the YT up really soon after, hope it's not far.

Anyone who got decent quality able to upload it? It's not up on the press site yet either as far as I can tell.

Omni

Can't watch video... I try to install Silverlight but it already says I've got a newer version installed. And yet I can't watch the video because it's also saying I don't.

asdhsaghdas

IHaveIce

Banned
So where's the gameplay videos *cry*

Valhalla looks great.
But does it have the epic skybox?

Direct feed gameplay videos from Waypoint? lol.

The Mantis looks interesting, more isn't to say, it looks very powerful but that could just be the presentation of it.

Mantis beats everything

What would be your top 10 Halo levels through all the games?

1. Delta Halo (Halo 2)
2. Truth & Reconciliation (CE & CEA)
3. The Silent Cartographer (CE & CEA)
4. Keyes (CE & CEA)
5. The Maw (CE & CEA)
6. Pillar of Autumn (CE & CEA)
7. Outskirts (Halo 2)
8. Data Hive (ODST)
9. Assault on the Control Room (CE & CEA)
10. Regret (Halo 2)

Wow I didn't put any from Halo 3 or Reach in the top 10, I'm no CE purist but that's my list.

Enfinit

Direct feed gameplay videos from Waypoint? lol.

The Mantis looks interesting, more isn't to say, it looks very powerful but that could just be the presentation of it.

Mantis beats everything

That's what I'm saying. The Mantis looks awesome, but it looks miiiiggghhhttttyyyy powerful to me.

Fotos

1. Delta Halo (Halo 2)
2. Truth & Reconciliation (CE & CEA)
3. The Silent Cartographer (CE & CEA)
4. Keyes (CE & CEA)
5. The Maw (CE & CEA)
6. Pillar of Autumn (CE & CEA)
7. Outskirts (Halo 2)
8. Data Hive (ODST)
9. Assault on the Control Room (CE & CEA)
10. Regret (Halo 2)

Wow I didn't put any from Halo 3 or Reach in the top 10, I'm no CE purist but that's my list.

Halo 3 Covenant!!!!

Yeah Ragnarok is freaking gorgeous. Loving it and the fresh forerunner shine in the bases is gorgeous as well:

2821853-gallery.png

EDIT: The rocks, trees, and structures look good, but that ground texture feels off.

I 100% agree.. The rocky/weird grassy ground textures are throwing it off for an otherwise nice map. Maybe cuz it's a shield world? lol or maybe I just like the darker rocks and more green, hmm..

feel

More desaturated than I expected, still very pretty. The rocks look amazing, did 343i get the guy in charge of the rocks in RAGE or something?

Don't know what to think about the Mantis other than sure why not?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Green lights on covie vehicles = badass
Mantis looks OP, but then again it didn't look like anyone was actually trying to take it out. Hopefully it's 1 tank shot to kill or something like that.

Now i'm seeing the screenies, thank god they didn't take out the hog

Omni

I 100% agree.. The rocky/weird grassy ground textures are throwing it off for an otherwise nice map. Maybe cuz it's a shield world? lol

I've noticed that all of the grassy type textures in the game are odd. Perhaps it's something to do with the engine?

No way, I think it fits in really well with the UNSC aesthetic. I love it, and I'm usually a bit of a skeptic when it comes to mechs..

I watched it again. It looked fine when it was unmanned at first, it is when it is walking around. It just doesn't really have the bulky feel to it with its reverse jointed legs. Feels a bit cartoony in comparison to the other vehicles. The top half is fine, I think it is just the legs getting to me.

Enfinit

I watched it again. It looked fine when it was unmanned at first, it is when it is walking around. It just doesn't really have the bulky feel to it with its reverse jointed legs. Feels a bit cartoony in comparison to the other vehicles. The top half is fine, I think it is just the legs getting to me.

Seems very... Star Wars-y to me.

All the vehicles have that on the radar.
Hunh. I hadn't noticed, but it's the small things like that which make me stop and go "that's kinda cool, actually."

Green lights on covie vehicles = badass
Mantis looks OP, but then again it didn't look like anyone was actually trying to take it out. Hopefully it's 1 tank shot to kill or something like that.

Also- did mantis REPLACE the warthog? If so. BALLS.

Nope, in that recent pic on this page you can see the Mantis AND Warthog together.

blamite

Ragnarok looks gorgeous. Can't wait to get back there.

Mantis looks badass. For now, until I get to play with it and see how it affects the map, looking badass is enough to satisfy me. :lol I'll learn to love it or hate it later.

Also that was a great trailer. The sudden change in tone when the Mantis shows up was great. :lol

Ramirez

Why are we still over a month out.

WHY?!

I think the Mech might be for Infinity Slayer only, seems to fit the crazy style of that mode, hopefully it's not in CTF. I have to say though, watching it destroy the Scorpion & Banshee like they were nothing was amusing.

G17

I'm guessing the Wraith is no longer there and that the Mantis will spawn where it used to (since we've seen two fighting each other).

Why are we still over a month out.

WHY?!

I think the Mech might be for Infinity Slayer only, seems to fit the crazy style of that mode, hopefully it's not in CTF. I have to say though, watching it destroy the Scorpion & Banshee like they were nothing was amusing.

It was on CTF at the event this past week. Also, Infinity Slayer isn't some crazy mode, it's just Halo 4. The CTF matches I played were more fast paced and hectic than any of the Infinity Slayer games I played.

I jumped to this opinion the moment I originally saw it, but wanted to wait until official footage to comment, the think the Mantis looks awful. Seems completely out of place, and I was further disappointed in this video discovering how incredibly large it is. It's going to take some convincing for me on this one.

Enfinit

Loadout:

Primary: DMR
Secondary: Plasma Pistol
Grenade: Plasma
Armor Ability: Hardlight Shield or Thruster
Tactical Package: AA Efficiency
Support Upgrade: Explosive

Seems like the easiest way to take out a Mantis without a vehicle. The more I think about it, the more I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to take one down. Did anyone else notice the Mantis had shields when it was getting hit?

zap

I really hope that the rockets spawn by pelican replaces the laser.

The mantis looks ridiculously powerful, it reminds me of the Sandtrap hornet... Missles and machine gun...

Computron

I'd like to walk that mech right off the center cliff just to see what would happen? I wonder if you can step over small gaps or up over short overhangs?

Fotos

I really hope that the rockets spawn by pelican replaces the laser.

The mantis looks ridiculously powerful, it reminds me of the Sandtrap hornet... Missles and machine gun...

Speaking of Hornet, will it be in Halo 4?

Start first post with kick ass new Ragnarok photo!
2821855-gallery.png

Am I the only one that felt like this was a parody video when the dubstep kicked in?

Yep officially over dubstep.

Loadout:

Primary: DMR
Secondary: Plasma Pistol
Grenade: Plasma
Armor Ability: Hardlight Shield or Thruster
Tactical Package: AA Efficiency
Support Upgrade: Explosive

Seems like the easiest way to take out a Mantis without a vehicle. The more I think about it, the more I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to take one down. Did anyone else notice the Mantis had shields when it was getting hit?

There was never anything wrong with a little stealth + sprint + boarding (maybe some plasma pistol or stickies too). It works so often it's not even funny.

FyreWulff

Whenever I think of mechs I think

256px-G-Nome.jpg

One of my life goals is to actually get enough money to buy that game's rights off the corpse of Ion Storm so I can make a sequel.

Top Bottom