• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I'll see it, but there's always one player going super positive on the losing team and everyone else going moderately negative.

Nah, I was the only negative. Everyone else was +2 or 3.

That match was driving me nuts, jetpackers and shotgun campers ughuhguhg

I love all the Halo 3 missions. IMO Halo 3 has the most fun campaign out of all the Halo games. I play them all the time

The cut scenes are pretty great but I just couldn't replay missions like Cortana, Floodgate or Halo (last mission). They were just boring for me gameplay wise.

Something like CE's Truth & Reconciliation or The Silent Cartographer or The Maw were again just so replayable when compared to Halo 3 missions.

Maybe I'm not comparing them fairly but CE & 2 had the most SP re playability for me. However judging by the Halo 4 missions I've seen so far I'm thinking 4 might just be the most replayable. That is if I'm not playing Spartan Ops or Multiplayer...

FyreWulff

Can't stand Cortana. It's the Obligatory Flood Level and it's so very obviously the inside of a Cruiser repurposed as High Charity. It's like seeing the backstage during a play and it takes me right out of it.

ODST and Reach automatically get put in the top tier because of no Flood Level.

It's like seeing the backstage during a play and it takes me right out of it.

ODST and Reach automatically get put in the top tier because of no Flood Level.

1. Yep, immersion is a big factor, although at the end of COD I like how they do the mini staged bits, animated and everything during credits.

2. So true for no flood levels, I'll be a happy Halo-fan without repetitive flood levels in Halo 4. Halo CE flood level was well executed and then they got annoying in Halo 2 and even worse in 3.

See

The cut scenes are pretty great but I just couldn't replay missions like Cortana, Floodgate or Halo (last mission). They were just boring for me gameplay wise.

Something like CE's Truth & Reconciliation or The Silent Cartographer or The Maw were again just so replayable when compared to Halo 3 missions.

Maybe I'm not comparing them fairly but CE & 2 had the most SP re playability for me. However judging by the Halo 4 missions I've seen so far I'm thinking 4 might just be the most replayable. That is if I'm not playing Spartan Ops or Multiplayer...

Agreed. Replayed Halo 2 on Legendary solo a million times. No other Halo had that level of replayability for me yet. Or maybe I am just getting old...

Sai-kun

Banned
3 hours till I get on a plane to Costa Rica to get married.

Don't have too much fun while I'm gone guys.

omgosh. Congrats! :)

party time!

8sMlS.gif

Nah, I was the only negative. Everyone else was +2 or 3.

That match was driving me nuts, jetpackers and shotgun campers ughuhguhg

lol It's cool man, you wrecked other games! Reach is too sluggish and heavy anyway.. almost passed out a couple times from all the inconsistencies ;b

Safe travels daedalius.

TheOddOne

I still don't get how they could go from The Ark to The Covenant to Cortana. First giving tons of room to explore and do your thing to walking a corridor with bullshit enemy placements. Then add to it all, it has this piece of shit in it:

Unrelated to the crappy Flood rant:
3 hours till I get on a plane to Costa Rica to get married.

Don't have too much fun while I'm gone guys.
Congrats!

feel

20min :3 I hope there are mucho videos.
Dammit was about to go to bed, might as well wait.

Do we know if we're actually getting decent media/info on it in a bit or if it's just that people will be allowed to tweet about it without getting in trouble?

Reach sucks. Playing Halo 4 is like:

Playing Reach is like:

I am actually very interested on how you find the game Tashi - I think I love it because of fun I potentially see Social Infinity Slayer being - but while the game was balanced in what seemed like a very competitive way - its going to be a large departure from typical competitive Halo (even more so than Reach).

Post of forever lol

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
edit2- From the moment that thing stomps the mongoose, my jaw was on the floor.
My eyes are watering.

Hype. Levels. At. MAX.

.shin

Banned
Ragnarok's color pallete reminds me of Tempest, which was a pleasing map to the eye for me. I'm pretty content with this remake.

Sandtrap for DLC

Yeah Ragnarok is freaking gorgeous. Loving it and the fresh forerunner shine in the bases is gorgeous as well:

2821853-gallery.png

EDIT: The rocks, trees, and structures look good, but that ground texture feels off.

zap

Mantis looks like it could be powerful. Hope it's not too OP.

Anyone notice the rockets out by the downed Pelican? Interesting weapon placement. Still hope for no Splaser?

Top Bottom