• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

The Warthog does look a bit (a real small bit, you need to know what to look for) like a warthog. Or used to be, Halo 4's is more rectangular, less... organic-looking.
But the Sphinx... It wasn't really described well in Cryptum. So, what does it look like? It wasn't the only thing in the book i didn't quite get how it looks, nearly everything was inadequately described. Or the prose is such that i cannot remember it well.

i really like this idea. would be cool to face something like this, could be halo 4's answer to the scarab, but it can fly.

iblMYn43P4k2MX.jpg

JackHerer

I managed to secure a 4-day pass for NYCC. I'm going to play as many games of Halo 4 as I can over that weekend. Hyped!

I've never been to NYCC before so I'm sorta clueless but from what I understand access is limited on thursday to those who have a 4-day pass and to press, vips, etc. Do we know if the game will be playable then?

Maybe I should ask this in the NYCC thread.

"Applicants must be aged over 18, a resident of the UK, and authorised to travel to Earth's European destination on October 30."

Btw. it is a European wide competition.

What does that even mean lol?

Where did you find out about the competition btw Hyper? Thanks for the heads up - I registered.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
TL;DR MLG thing, we (myself and MLG folk) are basically saying the same thing. My comments spawned from and off-handed note mentioning that there should be maps made so sprint doesn't have to be used. Which I didn't agree with.

DesertFox

We'll get to see an in depth view of Ragnarok on Thursday

IGN.com said:
IGN will have exclusive coverage of Halo 4 all week starting tomorrow, so look for more on Ragnarok and the Mantis on Thursday.

This is going to be a good month for Halo

edit: beaten

Talents

Banned
People are so going to betray each other all the time to get the mech.

In social games, I always used to destroy the vehicles on Valhalla when the match began. It was funny hearing everyone rage about me destroying their beloved Banshee. The one good thing about Valhalla IMO.

In social games, I always used to destroy the vehicles on Valhalla when the match began. It was funny hearing everyone rage about me destroying their beloved Banshee. The one good thing about Valhalla IMO.

What? Why? Did you want the other team to spawn rape you or something?

Holy shit Amsterdam!?

I feel really stupid asking this, but what made you think that?

EDIT: Just saw Zurich - hope I win, not sure how I would handle the work situation. :p

I cant wait for the game to come out. It really seems like 343 nailed armour abilities. So much to experiment with.

I cant believe how excited I am by just having well balanced armour abilities to play with - they really do improve the game when they are balanced well. I hope my opinion of them remains the same when they are unleashed into the wild and people start really thinking of how to use them but im surprised how well they play. It feels really bland going back to older Halo without these 'gadgets' - I never felt that during Reach's run.

This is great to hear, particularly coming from you bobs. Did you have any experiences with camo? It's the one that I find most concerning.

Top post.

Thanks Arnie

Henery i think you've got what I was trying to say a bit off. I have no qualm with MLG adjusting settings to make better competitive gameplay or gain more viewers, I just think sprint is something that is simple enough and base enough to be left in the game now. I was noting that I don't think 343 should have to go out of their way to make like 5 maps just for MLG, because Halo isn't made for MLG, MLG uses Halo.

That's cool, the sprint argument makes sense. I think it was the "as close to Halo 2 as we can get whatever Halo game is out right now" that's off. That's right up there with Fyrewulff's "Even if the base speed was fast enough MLG would go to 110% to be uber-pro". A lot of MLG enthusiasts are jerks or reductive when talking about non-MLG Halo; the inverse is also true though (not saying you or Fyre were being jerks btw).

I'm thinking Halo 4 London launch party.

"Applicants must be aged over 18, a resident of the UK, and authorised to travel to Earth's European destination on October 30."

Btw. it is a European wide competition.

Interesting...

heckfu

Banned

You're the Kings of Leon of this thread.

TheOddOne

Mr. Snyder gives us the goods:
@kittensdx: What level does your favorite Halo 4 encounter take place in? Why is it your favorite?

Huh. The very end of level 3. Mainly because we had to fight really hard to keep it in for a variety of reasons. I’m proud I was able to defend it to the end.

@TheElatedBoy: Out of all the Halo games already out, which was your favourite campaign gameplay and story wise?

Halo 1 overall. I think some campaigns had better gameplay later down the road, but the simplicity of Halo 1 in it’s gameplay and story are what started it all. The story is easy to understand: “Space zombies got loose, stop them! But don’t nuke the galaxy!” Gameplay-wise, everything feels “clean.” For example, in later Halos, the pistol isn’t quite as good or the hub in ODST was hard to navigate or in Reach some of the characters died in a less than convincing way. These are all nit-picky, and I’m not taking anything away from Bungie. Halo:CE was just so good and I think still holds up well today. I especially like the moment in Halo:CE where you recover the marines video recorder on his helmet and meet the Flood for the first time. What a great intro to a new enemy.

It was social, I didn't really mind that much, it was just for fun. But as long as we got the Spartan Laser, it wasn't really a problem. Also made it more of a challenge to win.
smfh, more like ruining the overall experience for others, social was all I played in 3... good think I did not usually came up with such jerkish behaviours like yours :/

Gui_PT

I like the custom sounds the theme comes with. Especially the sticky grenade sound when you delete something from the recycling bin!

Yeah that's why I want it. I'l change the wallpaper anyways.

Anyone have a cool Halo 4 wallpaper btw? Just formatted my other laptop.

This is great to hear, particularly coming from you bobs. Did you have any experiences with camo? It's the one that I find most concerning.

That's cool, the sprint argument makes sense. I think it was the "as close to Halo 2 as we can get whatever Halo game is out right now" that's off. That's right up there with Fyrewulff's "Even if the base speed was fast enough MLG would go to 110% to be uber-pro". A lot of MLG enthusiasts are jerks or reductive when talking about non-MLG Halo; the inverse is also true though (not saying you or Fyre were being jerks btw).

Didnt play against Camo sorry - saw someone having it used against them and as far as I can remember it was REALLY obvious where they where. Seemed to literally place a red dot in the middle of a bunch of blue dots just like some of the older videos showed.

Thinking about it I kind of feel like I never really had AA's used against me much. Maybe thats down to the quality of players I was going up again - the balance of the AA's - or just the fact I didnt notice them. I hope I dont love AA's so much simply because they made me feel super powerful lol. NYCC goer's needs to play eachother and give us a breakdown on how AA's felt when effectively used against you.

Sprint is a weird one, I definitely felt the 'slowdown' when sprinting and being shot - and I loved that it existed as annoying as it felt - but I could still very easily escape around corners. Hardlight shield and Thrust made it even easier to escape - Sprint has been nerfed a lot as a double beatdown crutch but I think the potential for people running away when they should die is there. Then again your so fast and kill so fast that kind of potentially balances out?

It was social, I didn't really mind that much, it was just for fun. But as long as we got the Spartan Laser, it wasn't really a problem. Also made it more of a challenge to win.

So to you "social" means "okay to be a douchebag". You were the popular masterchief in Halo 3 that all the others hated, but you knew they were really just jealous.
Haha, just messin.

willow ve

Oh god it's so far from shit. Pit Slayer was great. Better than anything that fuckin overrated map Guardian.

Agreed! Guardian is the Kings of Leon of Halo maps.

The reasons I liked Guardian were to the balance of an assymetrical map. That and it promoted a lot of situational awareness so you didn't fall to your death in the middle of a battle.

Yes it ended in a lot of stalemates as teams waited for Camo or Sniper to respawn back on the map, but it still had a great combination of sight lines, multiple routes to almost every location, and cover.

Talents

Banned
smfh, more like ruining the overall experience for others, social was all I played in 3... good think I did not usually came up with such jerkish behaviours like yours :/

Maybe I should of added before people started going apeshit at me that I didn't do it all the time, only when they were being major dicks in pre-game lobby. E.g. screaming down the mic, attempting to insult me etc, and I knew they wanted the vehicles, by them shouting "NO ONE GET THE BANSHEE! IT'S MYYIIINNNNEEE!" Which seemed to happen a hell of a lot.

Maybe I should of added before people started going apeshit at me that I didn't do it all the time, only when they were being major dicks in pre-game lobby. E.g. screaming down the mic, attempting to insult me etc, and I knew they wanted the vehicles, by them shouting "NO ONE GET THE BANSHEE! IT'S MYYIIINNNNEEE!" Which seemed to happen a hell of a lot.
See, that's better.

Top Bottom