• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

broony

New map reminds me of a halo PC map. Snow one with bridges in the middle. What was it called?

***edit

It's was called ice fields.

DeadNames

Banned
As much as a Covy map would be cool, I really hope the one remaining map is an arena one.

We only have 2? Solace and Haven? Maybe Abandoned can be thrown in there. Maybe.

Shadders

You guys are making David Ellis a very sad individual with all the leaks:

9IdEy.png

If it's any consolation prize, Meltdown looks awesome. :)

Feels bad.

Tempted to yank the vids.

Feels bad.

Tempted to yank the vids.

TBH, they are going to be on another 1000 channels in minutes, the damage is done. If they were the actual product, like something you had to buy like music or episodes from a series I would say pull em, but this isn't the same. It still sucks for 343.. sucks more for IGN. :lol

At least there is still one more secret map.. if Meltdown was supposed to be the final reveal I say they just switch the order and make the other one the final map.

As much as a Covy map would be cool, I really hope the one remaining map is an arena one.

We only have 2? Solace and Haven? Maybe Abandoned can be thrown in there. Maybe.

Adrift is actually symmetrical. in the walk through kynan mentioned that it's a 4v4 map.

also... why cant a covenant map also be an arena map. like midship or assembly?

I think it's funny people are blaming the IGN interviewer for the videos being awkward. It's because Kynan is so low-energy. Lighten up, man!

"We're here at 343 industries getting a behind the scenes tour of all ten Halo 4 multiplayer maps! I'm joined by Kynan Pearson, the lead multiplayer level designer on Halo 4! Thanks for doing this!"

"...uh...yeah. Thanks for, uh, coming down here and...doing this with us."

heckfu

Banned
Why would Ellis care?

Imagine you and your friends were working on something for years...literally years, and had a plan to roll it out in stages when the time is right.

Now imagine yall got together and asked a third friend to do their best showcasing it for you and then they dun goofed and didn't guard it enough.

That feeling would suck.

zlatko

Banned
I really am astonished that at the most we are going to have exactly one Covenant map in H4.

I am okay with this to be honest. I forget the Reach map that's the circular dome for a covenant ship, with the zero g area above, but holy shit fuck did I hate that map.

I'll be glad to never see a map in that vein again.

Imagine you and your friends were working on something for years...literally years, and had a plan to roll it out in stages when the time is right.

Now imagine yall got together and asked a third friend to do their best showcasing it for you and then they dun goofed and didn't guard it enough.

That feeling would suck.

Everybody's different, but personally I would want people to see it ASAP. That's how I am with writing and other projects.

Vire

That feeling would suck.

Eh whatever, it's not like the Campaign storyline leaked onto the internets. It's a multiplayer map. The response has been pretty positive so far too.

Really not that big of a deal.

zlatko

Banned
For some reason I like this one best.

It's what I thought about today as I spent around 4 hours at work staring at old Bungie capped screenies from Reach, and messing around on Waypoint. I also spent some time just looking for good avatar and desktop wallpaper material too.

Forward Unto Dawn being the name of which ship I forget, but it fits perfectly with the final 30 day wait and how close that promised and hopeful bright day is.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think it's funny people are blaming the IGN interviewer for the videos being awkward. It's because Kynan is so low-energy. Lighten up, man!

"We're here at 343 industries getting a behind the scenes tour of all ten Halo 4 multiplayer maps! I'm joined by Kynan Pearson, the lead multiplayer level designer on Halo 4! Thanks for doing this!"

"...uh...yeah. Thanks for, uh, coming down here and...doing this with us."

Wtf I think these IGN videos are really good.

senador

Banned
Why are they making so many big maps? Noone really gives a shit about BTB besides bad kids and every game suffers because they take up slots where good 4v4 5v5 maps could be...

This may have been true for Reach, but very less true for Halo 3, and most definitely not true for Halo 4. It seems along with the changes that BTB will most likely be pretty popular.

What? IGN guy is borderline obnoxious at times.

I feel bad for the IGN guy, it seems like he has to analyse the map on the spot - i.e. he doesnt know what it looks like till the videos rolling. So he can only have obnoxious points prepared - he cant prepare to talk about the map specifically but is still not doing a bad job. The map designer strikes me as being pretty damn intelligent and knows his stuff, but the the chemistry between the two of them is hilariously bad - the map designer could do more to be a bit more chatty lol.

Still loving the info and cant wait for the other 5 vids to come out. I am excited for the background information on even maps like Haven which we know all about. Love this kind of stuff.

Korosenai

I really am astonished that at the most we are going to have exactly one Covenant map in H4.

Well considering that the game takes place on Requiem, and Requiem doesn't have anything Covenant, I doubt we will see any covenant maps.

I'm just saying this since War Games is now sort of canon and it would only make sense.

But at the same time this doesn't explain why there are human maps (like Complex).

Vire

IGN: Is there a Banshee on this map?

Kynan: Jesus fucking christ, you asked me that four times already, NO!

:lol

GhaleonEB

PSA: I have three meetings to go to before the day is through. Some may end early. There is a gap between two of them. Should we hit 20k posts during those windows, I will post the new thread.

If we don't...then carry on. I will post the new thread when they are through. It will be okay.

TheOddOne

I feel bad for the IGN guy, it seems like he has to analyse the map on the spot - i.e. he doesnt know what it looks like till the videos rolling. So he can only have obnoxious points prepared - he cant prepare to talk about the map specifically but is still not doing a bad job. The map designer strikes me as being pretty damn intelligent and knows his stuff, but the the chemistry between the two of them is hilariously bad - the map designer could do more to be a bit more chatty lol.

Still loving the info and cant wait for the other 5 vids to come out.
Actually I'm more in line that the interviewer should have just asked the questions straight, without the need to entertain the audience. Ask questions normally and let Kynan do his thing. That is me though.

BigShow36

Well considering that the game takes place on Requiem, and Requiem doesn't have anything Covenant, I doubt we will see any covenant maps.

I'm just saying this since War Games is now sort of canon and it would only make sense.

But at the same time this doesn't explain why there are human maps (like Complex).

Well the "canon" is that Requiem can simulate any environment. You would think a Spartan training ship would simulate, I don't know, the most imminent and dangerous threat that Spartans will ever likely face.

A bit disappointed that there's not many standout symmetrical 4 versus 4 maps.

Halo is now Grifball, Zombies and Big Team.

DesertFox

Not for those of us who were at work and didn't see the vids :p

Luckily I just got home from work to find all those vids. (Did I mention Meltdown looks awesome?) Still looking forward to the remaining 5 maps - really helpful to have these flyovers to familiarize with the maps before launch.

This may have been true for Reach, but very less true for Halo 3, and most definitely not true for Halo 4. It seems along with the changes that BTB will most likely be pretty popular.

It wont be attracting the numbers that the 4v4 and 5v5 playlists do. Just like EVERY other Halo. Stop. Just...OK?

zlatko

Banned
So is anyone here streaming at midnight November 6th?

I hope someone gets it urrrrley so I can watch a stream of the MP. :D

I want to take the 6th off, but I'm doing Amazon CE with 1 day shipping since they never put up release date shipping for it. :(

I'm thinking I may just go to work for the first 5-6 hours that day, get out around 1-2PM and just head home since the delivery should be there by then.

Is GAF going to do pre order code swaps again like with Reach? I have the Amazon outfit up for trade for whatever pre order place gets that crazy red scheme that isn't the Gamestop offered one. I forget the name or places you can get it, but it also has a helmet code to go with it. Might be EB games? Not sure.

feel

IGN guy has been surprisingly great IMO, he's polite and into it and has a pleasing mix of casualness and Halo knowledge. 343i guy is not bad either, but he's sort of just there, going through the motions to get it over with.

CyReN

MLG just let go of the guy that worked on the Halo 4 strategy guide with the Halo pros...wow. For those that don't know Lies he did a lot during Halo 3 and even hired me last year to work on Halo Reach at event. Shit sucks.

Top Bottom