• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Placing my bet on Spire.

barf.gif

So....
Map is "Not small"
"Carta De Oaxaca"
"Big"
Not directly related to Mexico.
Longbow is different to any other map.

Hmm...

Valhalla. Sandtrap. Sidewinder. Waterworks. I dunno...

Purplemage

Neo Member
People definitely don't seem to be meleeing as much as in Reach from the videos of 4 I've seen. And I believe someone had stated that the melee lunge was off or changed some how. Which I'm sure everyone else is happy about but I love my double taps at times.

People definitely don't seem to be meleeing as much as in Reach from the videos of 4 I've seen. And I believe someone had stated that the melee lunge was off or changed some how. Which I'm sure everyone else is happy about but I love my double taps at times.

Double melees happen, but they are rarity. Gunplay is central in Halo 4, not to mention sprint being slowed when you take damage.

TheOddOne

The melee system was just broken in Reach, felt cheap and cheated you out of legitimate kills. Armor lock, bloom and the changed melee system ruined Reach so much.

/mini rant

Is melee lunge/magnetism in general the same too? Changed for Sprint?

Lunge appears to be almost completely removed, but that was on LAN, so we'll have to wait and see how that behaves online. The animation for melee seemed faster though, a couple of times when someone melee'd me it felt oddly fast how quick they were able to do it.

As biggy stated melee in general happens much less than in the past couple Halo games which is great, but double melee does still exist and yes, it should still burn in hell.

Pop

My moneys on Valhalla being the remake. Would be cool to get a lava inspired Avalanche remake.

I can see it now...

I can wish!

The melee system was just broken in Reach, felt cheap and cheated you out of legitimate kills. Armor lock, bloom and the changed melee system ruined Reach so much.

/mini rant

-EDIT-

Oh wait my bad, I read that wrong the first time.. I completely tossed out the word "system" twice lol - Thought you were talking about the melee itself (the lunge and hit detection)

OT but those who like DayZ should appreciate this video ;]

Purplemage

Neo Member

/mini rant

I admit that I'm a complete close quarters guy so excluding armor lock I kinda dig my reach melees, if only for that tiny lunge. I'm certainly not saying I don't want a challenge but if I come around a corner and get the whack in first I would hope getting the second whack or the headshot isn't impossible while lacking the magnetism.

As a matter of fact do we know if the shield must be broken for the second whack to kill? It seems in the instance on an Exile video I've seen that it's almost like the original TU when their shield is illuminated the whack kills.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Lunge appears to be almost completely removed, but that was on LAN, so we'll have to wait and see how that behaves online. The animation for melee seemed faster though, a couple of times when someone melee'd me it felt oddly fast how quick they were able to do it.

As biggy stated melee in general happens much less than in the past couple Halo games which is great, but double melee does still exist and yes, it should still burn in hell.

Thanks for answering. It can't get much worse than Reach for charging/chasing, thank god.

Better than Halo 2 and Halo 3.

wat

monome

I loved the bruthish gameplay of a MP match on Sandtrap, yet do not wish a remake.
Would rather like a spiritual successor.

Valhalla, I can't say no. But what's the point? Surely Requiem and the larger Halo universe can offer a better map.

I'm not a nostalgic, so I'd rather have 343i build the next great map rather than fish into my fond memories.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Guys, if I may dig up an old post:
No remakes from 360 gen. I would love the Pit, but as they say in obituary threads, too soon.

I just play it on Halo 3.

Now the thread was discussing Reach DLC at the time. I would assume however that the sentiment might still stand for Halo 4 maps.

If not then it is Sandbox* or Valhalla.

Yes I know Shogun said that and Frankie challenged him to a bet.

senador

Banned
Wasn't that just for the Anniversary maps? Bah, nevermind you clearly said that. I wonder if that still stands for Halo 4. I'm inclined to think not. If so though, it really means only Containment or Waterworks. I don't see how those fit in with the earlier clue though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wasn't that just for the Anniversary maps? Bah, nevermind you clearly said that. I wonder if that still stands for Halo 4. I'm inclined to think not. If so though, it really means only Containment or Waterworks. I don't see how those fit in with the earlier clue though.
That's not a clue, it's a red herring. Believe.

Woorloog

Banned
This map comes to mind.

http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/1760101666711766.JPG?0.9327569032169275[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hmm...
Which large maps in previous Halos had large central structures?

Relic
Waterworks
Terminal did have the train station... does it count?
Zanzibar/Last Resort

Don't remember many.

What about mid-sized maps? Because "not-small" doesn't mean large necessarily.

[quote="ArchedThunder, post: 41981456"]The map with the central structure was never said to be the remake.[/QUOTE]
Ah, true. But assuming it is the remake as well... EDIT just thinking of possibilities [I]if[/I]

Made me think of you, Hyper. Also, kind of thought of Elzar too. Not so much Plywood.
Haha. Why don't they have both? Tbh. if you do the same survey in other countries, young people would say the same.

New Images of the Mega Bloks Forward Unto Dawn:

More images here: http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/09/new-images-of-mega-bloks-forward-unto.html

Priced at $270/£250, out on November 6th.

The way they're teasing it must be coming soon, maybe the weekly update?
I am one of the few who like the new UNSC Ship design

Top Bottom