• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach 1st DLC Announced - Noble Map Pack - 11/30/2010

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Will contain 3 maps and give you 250 points worth of achievements to unlock.

Price of admission: Your soul 800 Spacebucks

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=29224
Our DLC team has been hard at work these last few months, cloistered together in the heart of the studio preparing three new multiplayer maps for your Halo: Reach multiplayer pleasure. Though they're still putting the finishing touches on what we've now dubbed the Noble Map Pack as we speak, we've been itching like crazy to show off the trio of maps for quite some time now. Today, you get your first good look. The Noble Map Pack will be ready for download on November 30th for 800 Microsoft Points.

Noble Map Pack

The fight for humanity continues on a galactic scale. From a frozen xeno-archaeology site harboring secrets centuries old to an orbital anchor defending the stars high above planet Reach to mysterious places far, far beyond, the Noble Map Pack injects three new explosive environments into the multiplayer battlefield, each designed to reinforce all of Halo: Reach's vital warfronts, from small scale engagements to massive Invasion battlegrounds.

The Noble Map Pack will include all new Achievements worth a total of 250 Gamerscore and will be available for purchase for 800 Microsoft Points either directly from Xbox LIVE or with a Microsoft Points card sold at retail locations worldwide.

I'll re-upload some pics in a second for those at work.

edit:
Anchor 09:

0MNdM.jpg

DGMVj.jpg

evPVC.jpg

Anchor 9 allows 2-8 Players to face off in game variants including Free for All, Team Slayer and Team Objective.

Tempest:

y37HA.jpg

kkuQr.jpg

SsVlb.jpg

Tempest supports 8 – 16 Players and offers a variety of modes including Free for All, Team Slayer, Team Objective and Big Team Battle. Tempest also provides players with a huge Forge palette, allowing them to create new custom map variants that can be shared with the community-at-large.

Breakpoint:

iNMDp.jpg

9kkwq.jpg

OU6K9.jpg

Breakpoint offers multiplayer mayhem for 8-16 Players, and supports the Invasion and Big Team Battle game variants.

Won't buy since I never buy dlc, but isn't this kind of early to be announcing map packs? It hasn't been more than a month since launch.

250 gamescore in one map pack? so I take it we will have 3 overall then to hit that 1750 cap?

I love Reach but I wish some of this was already in the game, lack of maps as default :/

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Won't buy since I never buy dlc, but isn't this kind of early to be announcing map packs? It hasn't been more than a month since launch.

Halo 3 worked the same way - just drumming up interest for Christmas sales.

Mr YuYu

Sho_Nuff82 said:
My thoughts exactly ( except for the fact that i do buy dlc from time to time)

Those maps look excellent, but everytime Bungie put out new maps I can't help but feel sad that some of those environments aren't in the campaign :(

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Noble Map Pack already, I figured that is what they would call the last one. Wonder what name they will give the other ones. Can really tell too much from the pictures, hopefully at least one is a suitable big team map.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Diablohead said:
250 gamescore in one map pack? so I take it we will have 3 overall then to hit that 1750 cap?

I love Reach but I wish some of this was already in the game, lack of maps as default :/
Yeah I agree, disappointing to be honest with you, especially the fact that its only 3 maps. I was hoping for 5.

Plywood said:
Yeah I agree, disappointing to be honest with you, especially the fact that its only 3 maps. I was hoping for 5.
Well these will be huge maps I take it cut up for different game types, that I don't mind much and they do look nice. But I will wait on this map pack since I still have fun with the default batch.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Forgot to add to OP earlier, but did just now, though just in case anyone misses it:

Anchor 9 allows 2-8 Players to face off in game variants including Free for All, Team Slayer and Team Objective.

Tempest supports 8 – 16 Players and offers a variety of modes including Free for All, Team Slayer, Team Objective and Big Team Battle. Tempest also provides players with a huge Forge palette, allowing them to create new custom map variants that can be shared with the community-at-large.

Breakpoint offers multiplayer mayhem for 8-16 Players, and supports the Invasion and Big Team Battle game variants.

So we get a small slayer/objective map (Anchor 9), a larger map good for several modes including BTB (Tempest), and a dedicated Invasion/BTB map (Breakpoint). Sounds good, and it's exactly the shot in the arm the game's map selection needed, particularly in terms of larger maps.

I'll definitely be buying these.

Arnie

Will buy, just hope they are better than the current selection of maps on the retail disk. Bungie really dropped the ball with Reach's shipping stable, they are devoid of the kind of quality we saw from Halo 2, and don't even come close to a map as good as say, "The Pit". I'm guessing Breaking Point is an Invasion map, Tempest is a Big Team map and Anchor 09 is a 4v4 map that is asymmetrical. We need more symmetrical maps Bungie.

ultron87

New Invasion map! Yay! That makes it way less likely to play the actual Invasion mode on Spire, because that mode is garbage!

the new achievements make up for there being only 3 maps. One map seems to be a new Forge-World Palate, so that's a huge plus right there.

Somnid

I want them only for the fact that Reach's default maps kinda suck. They should have thrown something for Firefight in too.

Sho_Nuff82 said:

It's only 3 maps, doesn't take an insanely long time to develop. I'm sure they have sketches and at least some work done on all of their planned map pack releases.

TheOddOne

DO WANT x 800

I can't stop drooling @ Breakpoint.

ultron87 said:
New Invasion map! Yay! That makes it way less likely to play the actual Invasion mode on Spire, because that mode is garbage!
Your opinion is wrong.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Plywood said:
Forgot to add to OP earlier, but did just now, though just in case anyone misses it:

Hopefully Breakpoint is a better BTB map than the other invasion maps.

ultron87 said:
Invasion is my fave multi mode in reach, <3 spire there is a lot you can do on it, now boneyard lol really needs some balance issues fixed.

Salz01

I personally think thats pricey for a 'map pack'. Its just three maps, and some achievements. It should be like 5 bucks. Full games that offer more, are normally 15 bucks. I'll wait till they release them all at once for half off.

Falt

BTB certainly needs some spicing up, hopefully these maps will deliver. Day 1.

LiK said:
Shit, new cheevos...hmmmmmm

Multiplayer ones, no doubt. Le sigh. I was pleasantly suprised with Bungie when they chose to stray away from MP achievements in Reach. Nothing lasts forever. Here's to ghost rushing and sword whores!

X26

Banned
I like BTB but the maps for it in reach sofar aren't too hot, so this looks somewhat appealing. Might buy if BlackOps doesn't turn out so hot

ultron87

TheOddOne said:
Your opinion is wrong.

That's why it is called an opinion! We can disagree!

None of the phases seem that particularly interesting on Spire to me. The 3rd phase is kind of cool what with the tower assaulting, but if a Spartan gets to the top first he can just instantly jump the core out the window and immediately screw the Elites.

Arnie

In fact I'm starting to get the impression that Anchor 09 is symmetrical, if so, :D .

Confirm or deny Urk, Brian, Luke?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Salz01 said:
I personally think thats pricey for a 'map pack'. Its just three maps, and some achievements. It should be like 5 bucks. Full games that offer more, are normally 15 bucks. I'll wait till they release them all at once for half off.
Yeah, if it was half price, I would definitely buy.

ultron87 said:

None of the phases seem that particularly interesting on Spire to me. The 3rd phase is kind of cool what with the tower assaulting, but if a Spartan gets to the top first he can just instantly jump the core out the window and immediately screw the Elites.

If the Elites are smart, all they gotta do is pick the sword loadout and the Spartans can never even touch the core.

Tempest has a large Forge palette?!?!? AWESOME!

*looks at pics*

Hmmm... Forerunner structures on a bright day on a human landscape...

*loots at Forge World*

Less sand on Forge World?

TheOddOne

ultron87 said:

This has not yet happed to me. But yeah, that sucks.

DancingJesus said:
If the Elites are smart, all they gotta do is pick the sword loadout and the Spartans can never even touch the core.
Shotgun up in this bitch, then steal the sword.

Hixx

Those are some mighty fine looking MP maps, Anchor09 and Breakpoint look gorgeous. I really need to get back into Reach's MP... love it just can't find the time.

GarthVaderUK said:
Thank goodness they're not charging 1200 for these though.

My thought's exactly. CLassy move, Bungie & 343i. I plan to buy these immediately once they're available.

Now we just have to hope these get implemented into the playlists in fairly quick manner. Back in H3, it felt like it took forever for playlists to get updated with new maps.

feel

DGMVj.jpg

Freaking gorgeous.

I bet I will be killed more than once when just standing there on the edge looking down at the beautiful planet. I'm excited for the lowgravity outside section of this map, that you can just walk in and out of. Lowgrav area was badly done in Zealot, by just being a big open area, and launching you into the air for several seconds when you entered it.

So Tempest is the map we saw screenshots of earlier so... I'll end up paying for this anyway but damn them and their shitty DLC plans. So early after release too...

Top Bottom