• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach 1st DLC Announced - Noble Map Pack - 11/30/2010

Olivero said:
Dude, I really came to like Noble Team, I'd like to hear more stories about them. Even in book form. Especially Jorge. He's just a beast.
Yep agreed. Awesome characters. It's unfortunate that no Halo game has ever had campaign/mission DLC.

Olivero

Neuromancer said:
Yep agreed. Awesome characters. It's unfortunate that no Halo game has ever had campaign/mission DLC.
Mmm. Yeah. Maybe some books...? Or maybe even some animated shorts from 343i? A man can dream! Actually, yeah. I wouldn't mind seeing a 52 episode anime series dedicated to Noble Team

Iknos said:
By "true" do you mean that you don't like the combo one you can make? We combined 2 to make a pretty good night one. You can add some lights and its nifty looking. Only problem is those lights don't have much range.

Works great for outdoor levels.

I hear ya enzo.

Yeah, like a true night filter that may affect the skybox and lighting more properly. I believe in an interview before Reach came out they said they tried to make something like that but it didn't make the cut. I think they said the same thing about different weather effects. If I recall correctly they said something about a possibility of including those in DLC. If we don't get anything like that in this pack, I really hope we eventually get something like what sandbox did to Halo 3's forge.. A Forgeworld 2.0 with new features for Reach, etc. Something that can expand the range of forge in Reach.

Cuban Legend said:
wow GAF. Let me make this simple:

First, Even though XBL Arcade titles may offer more bang-for-your-buck than just "3 maps and some achievements" @800MS ...Bungie's DLC price has been unchanged since Halo 3(2007) and in a similar way even in Halo 2(2004).

Second, Everyone complaining about the $$$ needs to grow up and realize the price point been successful for years, and so expecting Microsoft to lower it is ludicrous (btw, MS chooses DLC prices not Bungie) I'm surprised they didn't raise the price tbh.

And finally, GAF. I could afford those maps with my allowance when I was 12. C'mon son.
A Legend indeed. Well said.

Just because I can afford the map pack doesn't mean I want to buy it at that price, i'll go buy an xbla title instead and feel better about it.

Hugbot

Diablohead said:
Just because I can afford the map pack doesn't mean I want to buy it at that price, i'll go buy an xbla title instead and feel better about it.
I will play these new maps more than I will almost every XBLA title I buy. I can easily justify this as "worth it;" if you can't justify the price then it shouldn't be a big deal to not buy it and continue playing vanilla Reach as normal. I understand the value proposition is different for everybody but this is honestly in line with what they've done for years now. The only real surprise is that it's three maps with no firefight map attached to the pack.

Hugbot said:
I will play these new maps more than I will almost every XBLA title I buy. I can easily justify this as "worth it;" if you can't justify the price then it shouldn't be a big deal to not buy it and continue playing vanilla Reach as normal. I understand the value proposition is different for everybody but this is honestly in line with what they've done for years now. The only real surprise is that it's three maps with no firefight map attached to the pack.
This x(insert large number here).

Top Bottom