• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

omg.kittens said:
Like I said a page or two ago, I still need to get all the 200K Firefight achievements, and I'd love to team up with some battlebros online. GT = popular revolt.

And holy shit, Shishka left Bungie? Any statement made or anything? I can't believe I didn't hear about this earlier. It's really unsettling for some reason. Sucks to see such a long standing, likable part of the team make his exit. Best wishes to him, though.
sounds good my GT - GodfatherX360

im usually on late (3am-6am est)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
PsychoRaven said:
I'd love to do the firefight achievements too. I'm available all weekend so just tell me when you want to do it. Gamertag is my name.
Awesome, I won't be around my 360 till Saturday evening, but I'll add you then and send you a message. I'll be on most evenings next week after 6pm PST.

GodfatherX said:
sounds good my GT - GodfatherX360

im usually on late (3am-6am est)
Cool, I'll add you and send you a message, but I think your play schedule might be a bit too late for me. I'm usually asleep by midnight. :lol

Kapura said:
not_this_shit_again.jpg
Again? I missed it the first time! :lol And here I thought I was doing a good job of keeping up with this thread...

Lazslo

Hey battlebros, just a heads-up that the gameplay footage of Ascention is now up in HD glory on WayPoint. Looks so much better on the big screen. Thanks 343i dudes, you guys are doing a great job with keeping Halo Waypoint fresh.

big ander

I really am curious as to why Shishka got fired. Or if he really did.
Smart money says he's reading all these posts and can't/won't respond. I wish he would. Though people like Eazy are probably scaring him off.

HUGE campaign spoilers via firefight map. Warning, stay away from this if you dont want spoiled. (found out something was out there via HBO and went digging.)

Spoilers--->Ok, where did this picture come from? The maps name is
Glacier
and it is said to be set
in an underground cave featuring a Forerunner structure
. Is this being shown at Gamescon?

Edit* Is there any chance the picture is fake? It looks real enough, yet something does look sort of off with the lighting.

Edit 2* Image was taken down, I re-hosted it. Originally found on Halopedia.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Demoncarnotaur said:
HUGE campaign spoilers via firefight map. Warning, stay away from this if you dont want spoiled. (found out something was out there via HBO and went digging.)

Spoilers--->Ok, where did this picture come from? The maps name is
Glacier
and it is said to be set
in an underground cave featuring a Forerunner structure
. Is this being shown at Gamescon?

Edit* Is there any chance the picture is fake? It looks real enough, yet something does look sort of off with the lighting.

ERROR: the file you requested (File:HaloReach - GlacierGameplay.png) does not exist.

big ander said:
Smart money says he's reading all these posts and can't/won't respond. I wish he would. Though people like Eazy are probably scaring him off.
why would we assume he got fired?

plenty of people leave after a big project is complete, the momentum of the product release bares well for their future employment

GhaleonEB

big ander said:
I don't think internet bullies like Eazy would "scare" Chad. I think it's more likely that he just doesn't want to talk about his personal employment situation on the internet. Can't say I blame him.

But as someone else said, departures after projects are pretty common. Hopefully he lands on his feet.

Edit: as for the pic, Sketch said they wouldn't be showing any more from Firefight until ship. So I'm not sure where an official looking new screen would come from. I'm calling fake as well.

Ramirez

Monocle said:
Merciless. I think Shishka did fine.

Yea, not really.

Ya know, I was pumped to play some Fiesta today, it's good mindless fun. But then I got oddball 2-3 times in a row filled with rooms of people that knew each other. I then watched as these games desolved into 2-3 guys protecting the oddball carrier until they all had the score they wanted so they would get the win. Stuff like this is why I can't wait to see what a new matchmaking guy does. Oddball is dumb enough in FFA, but to allow people to enter FFA playlists as a party and on top of that have to play objective games is beyond stupid.

Then you still have stuff like AR Valhalla and Rockets Valhalla that have been in the game since it shipped, just absolutely terrible game types. Not to mention the playlists have been completely stale for the past year+, and we still haven't even gotten the update that's supposed to trim the playlists down before Reach hits. There are countless playlists that usually hover under a 1,000 population.

I don't like the argument of Halo 3 being the #1 or 2 game on the Live charts as a indicator that the playlists are fine, the game could probably have one playlist and it solely be team rockets and it would still be in the top 3, there simply isn't that much to play MP wise that's worth your time on the 360. Look at COD having 3-4 titles in the top 5 as a good indicator of that...

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Demoncarnotaur said:
I agree..The lighting looks strange. Just overall it looks off. Not horrible though, and if it is fake, it sure looks nice.

I don't think it looks nice at all. :lol It just looks kinda ugly and bland to me, part of the reason why I think it is fake.

Yeah, the whole backdrop almost looks like a matte painting. Plus the source would have to be a press outlet that broke embargo, and as far as we know, the press hasn't seen anything beyond what we know about, right?

ps, hi Halogaf. longtime lurker.

Wiggum2007

The more I look at it, the more I'm sure it's real. Otherwise it'd be the most convincing leak I've ever seen. Also, if real it would explain
why Halsey is wearing a heavy winter jacket in the Vidoc.
Food for thought.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Eh, I don't know. It was pulled down from where he linked it from pretty damn fast.

Either way, it looks potentially awesome, at this point I'll take anything I can get. :lol

Wiggum2007 said:
The more I look at it, the more I'm sure it's real. Also, if real it would explain
why Halsey is wearing a heavy winter jacket in the Vidoc.
Food for thought.

I was thinking exactly the same thing just now. :lol

Cynar

omg.kittens said:
Like I said a page or two ago, I still need to get all the 200K Firefight achievements, and I'd love to team up with some battlebros online. GT = popular revolt.

And holy shit, Shishka left Bungie? Any statement made or anything? I can't believe I didn't hear about this earlier. It's really unsettling for some reason. Sucks to see such a long standing, likable part of the team make his exit. Best wishes to him, though.

sent you and psycho raven friend requests. I've got all the achievements but vidmasters(endure and deja vu please <3<3<3) but I'm willing to help out if I'm available

ElRenoRaven

Cool. I accepted it. Always good to have others to play with. Also I'm always up to try different achievements etc. It's weird cause I don't try for them in any other games but Bungie games. lol

How is that pic fake?

It's clearly real.

Why does such a large percentage of GAF just call EVERYTHING fake despite most of these 'fake' pics and leaks turning out to be real?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I am hoping that spoiler screen is not real because I don't like the look of the area at all, if it is real I hope that is an early look of it. Just looks unappealing to me.

Wiggum2007

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Why does such a large percentage of GAF just call EVERYTHING fake despite most of these 'fake' pics and leaks turning out to be real?

Man I bet my left nut!!:
Wiggum2007 said:
Yeah, my spidey sense is telling me this shit is real. I bet my left nut on it.

Not a Jellyfish said:
I am hoping that spoiler screen is not real because I don't like the look of the area at all, if it is real I hope that is an early look of it. Just looks unappealing to me.

Whatchu talkin' about boy? That area looks appealing as fuck, I just got a little moist looking at it.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Wiggum2007 said:
Man I bet my left nut!!:

Whatchu talkin' about boy? That area looks appealing as fuck, I just got a little moist looking at it.

Boy? Watchu talkin' bout? I am pretty old. :lol

Just doesn't look that visually appealing to me. I don't really know why either, just looks a little plain.

feel

The whole thing looks odd, but the motion detection wave is what caught my eye mostly. Looks all fucked up.

This is how it's supposed to look:
nd5y1e.jpg

n5igs5.jpg

This is how it looks in that:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2mrteuv.jpg[IMG]

[s]Fake.[/s]

edit-

CONFIRMED TO BE REAL

despite motion wave looking very dodgy in that screen, probably the capture device's fault

Wiggum2007

Letters said:
The whole thing looks odd, but the motion detection wave is what caught my eye mostly. Looks all fucked up in that, this is how it's supposed to look:

nd5y1e.jpg

Fake.

Y'all know I was kidding about that left nut thing right

Ramirez said:
I don't like the argument of Halo 3 being the #1 or 2 game on the Live charts as a indicator that the playlists are fine, the game could probably have one playlist and it solely be team rockets and it would still be in the top 3, there simply isn't that much to play MP wise that's worth your time on the 360. Look at COD having 3-4 titles in the top 5 as a good indicator of that...
This. I would have always felt that Halo was in the top 3 in spite of its playlist management.

ElRenoRaven

My only complaint playlist wise is that I would like some 16 player lone wolves and things like that. I really hate that the game is 1 6 player and even in team games you don't get 16 players in most of the playlists.

EazyB

Banned
Captain Blood said:
This. I would have always felt that Halo was in the top 3 in spite of its playlist management.
And I'd argue that maybe Shishka had too many responsibilities for one man but who can say if he was booted for performance or personal reasons. All I know is that I didn't want Reach's MM and community content integration to even remotely resemble Halo 3's and with a different person at the helm, I have more confidence thing's will indeed be different. I trust that if Bungie fired him, then he deserved to be fired.

Striker

PsychoRaven said:
My only complaint playlist wise is that I would like some 16 player lone wolves and things like that. I really hate that the game is 1 6 player and even in team games you don't get 16 players in most of the playlists.
Most maps wouldn't settle well with 16-player FFA styles, unless you're asking for things like Infection, which should be much, much more feasible in Reach due to more/better Forge options and plus Forge World itself.

The playlists licked dick, and were stale for at least two years, but I've beaten that horse to death already. Not going to knock either way, I'm ready for Reach either way. It would be cool if Jeremiah returned, but we'll see.

big ander

GhaleonEB said:
I don't think internet bullies like Eazy would "scare" Chad. I think it's more likely that he just doesn't want to talk about his personal employment situation on the internet. Can't say I blame him.

But as someone else said, departures after projects are pretty common. Hopefully he lands on his feet.

Edit: as for the pic, Sketch said they wouldn't be showing any more from Firefight until ship. So I'm not sure where an official looking new screen would come from. I'm calling fake as well.
Scare was not the right word. I just meant that Shishka and the entire Bungie crew in general are usually relatively upfront with us, or as upfront as they can be. I'm just curious I guess.
That pic is fake, but for the second I thought it was real I was in heaven.

Top Bottom