• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Captain Blood said:
Confirmed perm.

So Draconian. Fuck.

Also sorry Sai, Dani, Blood, Bagel I had just gotten home from the bars, had no idea what was going on. Had to go look at my stats to see who I was even playing with ha. Halo Reach should have a breathalyzer sign on, because friends don't let friends drink and dong.

Reading a thread that the guy who posted that youtube vid posted in...

Someone else who has it(part of the same team of modders that got it), posted details on number of maps, firefight maps, and campaign missions.

Campaign Levels.
Firefight maps.
Multiplayer maps.

xxjuicesxx said:
Also sorry Sai, Dani, Blood, Bagel I had just gotten home from the bars, had no idea what was going on. Had to go look at my stats to see who I was even playing with ha. Halo Reach should have a breathalyzer sign on, because friends don't let friends drink and dong.

Lol it is all good dude. After my games the past couple days I am wondering if knocking a few back would help return some of my lost Halo ability.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:

Someone else who has it(part of the same team of modders that got it), posted details on number of maps, firefight maps, and campaign missions.

Campaign Levels.
Firefight maps.
Multiplayer maps.
God dammit! More frakking things I shouldn't have highlighted. Fffuuuu

Monocle

Ajemsuhgao said:

Campaign Levels.
Firefight maps.
Multiplayer maps.
Holy shit, I hope that bit about the campaign missions is true. :eek:

Edit: Also, wow at that spoiler pic being real. A lot of stuff I wanted to see in Reach is contained in that one map. I like the look of the other two maps too. Boardwalk the least of the three, but it probably plays well. And nice skybox.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
DancingJesus said:
That looks so much better in motion than that screenshot. It's like straight out of Warcraft or something...

:lol I thought it was fake cause that screen looked awful to me but yes...it is real and it looks sooooo much better in motion. I am pleased. :D

Voltron64

Ajemsuhgao said:
Oh, wow. Modders actually got Reach from the Microsoft servers. What. :lol
kr5g7.gif

Striker

Ajemsuhgao said:
It is. He listed map file names as well. He has no reason to lie, and I recognize the multiplayer ones from the beta.
Those numbers make sense, at least from the bits we received before...

Here's hoping we get 3-4 batch of DLC maps. FireFight is pretty heavy already. In my hope, we get about 11 more MP maps and then another "Forge World"-esque map that comes standalone as DLC. Let a man dream!

Ramirez

Countdown looks like a lame map, I was hoping one of them would be another remake, a BTB map perhaps, oh well. So Blood Gulch is the only traditional 8v8 map in the game, hmm...looks like Invasion is getting force fed to us. :p

feel

Time for me to

14xnzo2.jpg

out of every place where Reach info could be found except HaloGAF and HBO frontpage.

Please be careful with the spoilers here guys, never embed pictures in the thread and put proper warnings (RED TEXT would be nice) before posting spoiler-tagged leaked info or links.

Ramirez said:
So Blood Gulch is the only traditional 8v8 map in the game, hmm...looks like Invasion is getting force fed to us.
:( I was afraid this would happen the second Invasion was announced.. sigh..

I think I just read the ending to the game because someone didn't spoiler tag it properly.

Fuck my life.

Letters said:
Please be careful with the spoilers here guys, never embed pictures in the thread and put proper warnings (RED TEXT would be nice) before posting spoiler-tagged leaked info or links.

That reminds me. There was a greasemonkey script, or Stylish thing, that added spoiler, strike through and red text as buttons for GAF. Anyone know where I can find that? :lol

Letters said:
Time for me to

14xnzo2.jpg

out of every place where Reach info could be found except HaloGAF and HBO frontpage.

Indeed my friend.

Ajemsuhgao said:
I think I just read the ending to the game because someone didn't spoiler tag it properly.

Fuck my life.

That reminds me. There was a greasemonkey script, or Stylish thing, that added spoiler, strike through and red text as buttons for GAF. Anyone know where I can find that? :lol

Lol he fixed before i refreshed the page

Ajemsuhgao said:
It is. He listed map file names as well. He has no reason to lie, and I recognize the multiplayer ones from the beta.
The campaign number doesn't mean shit though.
2 of these could be just cutscenes with a name, as has been done previously. I'm really trying to not get my hopes up if it's to see them crushed down the road.
The optimistic version would be that there's no achievement for the last level since there are already achievements for finishing levels.

Ramirez

Dani said:
Guys, I deleted my post after doing some digging.

The leak is from a STOLEN copy of Reach. Thus, I want nothing to do with it.

:lol

Any leak at this point would come by some sort of shady business...

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
ReachLeakers said:
Sorry guyz I think you can understand how big of a leak this would be and why we can't do it at this point. Maybe when it gets closer to launch but even then I highly dought it. Sorryz

Hopefully they keep their word and we don't see a wide spread leak.

Edit: The plot thickens, other forums are claiming to have it or know of people that have it. Only a matter of time that it gets everywhere...time to go dark. I shall remain dark on all campaign elements but I hope for some FireFight vids...

Magni

Ajemsuhgao said:

Campaign Levels.
Firefight maps.
Multiplayer maps.

Every Halo game has had less MP maps at launch than the previous one.. I get that there's DLC, but seriously, that's a trend I'd hoped would have stopped with Reach =/ I don't want Reach MP to be stale by Christmas =/

I'll miss you, Eazy, and I wish it wasn't perm, but that was some post you made.

Also I spoiled that Firefight map for myself and now I'm realizing I sort of do care about spoilers after all and maybe I should go dark.

Top Bottom