• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo The Series (2022) | Official Trailer 2

In Living Color Thumbs Down GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Looks far better than I expected. If you guys can't get into this trailer then just skip the show. Itll have limitations like any TV show. Looks pretty dang good.

The hero freefalling shot of Chief/Silver team is fucking amazing. I was always going to watch this show no matter what but that's the standout part of for me. Production looks far larger than FuD or Nightfall, as it should. Interesting bits but I hope this doesn't just focus on the drama aspects for most of it like they did in those two other shows. Come on bring a Mando level of focus on the main character.

splattered

For a TV show that looks absolutely incredible. Haters gonna hate though. Just remember it isn't a full budget movie, it's decently budgeted made for TV bit of fun.

Last edited:

Meraxes

I can’t tell if the people in this thread are trolling or not.
Everything I’ve seen about this show has looked beyond terrible and cheesy.

Lognor

Banned
As much as I find the presenter's YouTube voice annoying this Beyond The Trailer review is basically how I feel about the Halo show in so many ways before even seeing it.

Thanks for posting. She seemed really insightful and that kind of set my expectations for the show. She says it's watchable but not great. I will probably wait for the entire series to be available and then binge it.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Who should we listen to?

ONzvQFA.png
Isn't that reflective of only the first two episodes? I wouldn't even consider those proper reviews, frankly.

This trailer looked good, and certainly impresses the production budget better than the first trailer. I'm keen to see what they've cooked up. If it's really, really bad, then 343 Industries can can breath easy knowing they're no longer the worst thing to happen to Halo.

VAVA Mk2

Isn't that reflective of only the first two episodes? I wouldn't even consider those proper reviews, frankly.

This trailer looked good, and certainly impresses the production budget better than the first trailer. I'm keen to see what they've cooked up. If it's really, really bad, then 343 Industries can can breath easy knowing they're no longer the worst thing to happen to Halo.
Dude 343 Industries has a direct hand in making this. Kiki Wolfkill and Frank O'Connor are both working on this fan fic.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Dude 343 Industries has a direct hand in making this. Kiki Wolfkill and Frank O'Connor are both working on this fan fic.
They're neither directing it nor chief writers on it. If it's good, it won't be because just those two made it good, and if it's bad, it won't be because those two specifically made it bad. I give 343i as much shit as anyone - check my post history - but I do my best to be fair with it.

Why are we listening to reviews from what clearly looks like a crack addict?
/s

Also, the first two episodes of any show are never a good indicator as to how good a show can be.
i.e Personally thought the first episode of GOT was boring up unto the scene where Bran gets chucked out the Tower. Then i was sorta hooked.
This is a sci-fi show with what looks like a fairly decent budget, and its coming at the time where there really aren't very many Sci-Fi shows. Plus now that the Expanse is over, this should/could scratch many people's itch.
Plus its also already been green lit for S2, so any issues can be ironed out by then.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I like the Halo games, but this show looks like dog shit. Cheap, bland dog shit.

pasterpl

I love how people a concerned about quality of the whole show after reviews of 1-2 first episodes. Love the polygon complain that the whole backstory is not explained in the first 2 episodes. Wtf.

reksveks

Quite enjoyed the trailer, March looks like a dead month in terms of TV shows unless I am missing something so happy to watch it.

Only show that I am watching properly is Euphoria (ignored it until now)

OZ9000

Banned
The production values look extremely high.

Chief looks good.

The Elites and Prophets look good.

Cortana looks fucking stupid though.

Sega Orphan

Banned
It will bring extra people to the Halo game. That's all it needs to do from MSs point of view. It actually looks pretty high budget Series. Not sure if I will watch it as im half expecting Master Chief to give us his pronouns in it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
big Halo fan, this doesn't look good IMO. I said it after the first trailer.

I'll give it a go, but I dunno. I just think it looks cheap in acting, filming style. the CG doesnt look terrible, if everything wrapping around it was better.

I will still watch it but it isnt looking great to me. I won't be a hater as I dont have the time or effort to invest in such shit but if its cack ill just be like, that wasnt great move on.

This shit is going to be like a lot of those marvel / dc series. Bunch of teen crap with a big spoon of woke sprinkled on top of it. I'm not enthusiastic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom