• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

ChrisD

I feel better about playing with the DS4, since the top Japanese player also uses it, gonna learn!

I'll never be number one so I don't feel the need :p

Not only having triggers for slides, but also being able to make presets would definitely make a lot of songs easier. Same with being able to drumroll with D-Pad + Face Buttons. Technically speaking it's probably the best way to play if you're going for top scores just because it can increase your accuracy in times where those come in handy. But yeah, I'm not really going for scores all that much so I don't have the patience to learn lol.

Chorazin

I'll never be number one so I don't feel the need :p

Not only having triggers for slides, but also being able to make presets would definitely make a lot of songs easier. Same with being able to drumroll with D-Pad + Face Buttons. Technically speaking it's probably the best way to play if you're going for top scores just because it can increase your accuracy in times where those come in handy. But yeah, I'm not really going for scores all that much so I don't have the patience to learn lol.

This is my exact situation. the PDX minicon makes these games so much more fun, and I'll never be someone that plays on Extreme, and I definitely don't need to get high scores. :-D

muteki

Meiko (and Kaito to an extend) are very hit or miss to me too.

Either I hate their songs or love it. When you find one good song with those two, chances are that's actually great.
Always game for some Wintry Winds or On the Rocks, even though most of their other songs don't do it for me.

Tenshi

Neo Member
I feel it would be flushing money away to rebuy this game in English especially when there's a lot of other games coming out later in the month but I am happy to see it come over. It's the best Miku game.

Same here. I honestly don't care to purchase this again, but I'm very happy that many more people in the west are able to purchase and enjoy localized version of this game.

Nattan

Thought I downloaded a demo from the PS Store. I completed the tutorial and got a trophy. So... a bug in the store? Is this the full version or what?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thought I downloaded a demo from the PS Store. I completed the tutorial and got a trophy. So... a bug in the store? Is this the full version or what?
No, the "free" download is basically the hub, & there's 8 trophies you can actually earn without buying anything. There are then 6 trophies for each song pack.

XaosWolf

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nostalogic is kinda okay though, I guess.
I actually don't mind this song as well. It was one of the ones I didn't mind playing multiple times in Project Diva f.

;-;

I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes Stay With Me...
I'd tolerate it more if it wasn't for that damn chorus which feels like it's trying to push her vocals past the point she can actually sing them.

ChrisD

My top favorite song in this game has to be Systematic Love
Also Slump for some odd reason

I tried Systematic Love last night, since it seems to be a favorite of quite a few.

I don't really like it. :( Really enjoy the electronic music in the back, but I don't like the vocals at all.

I tried Systematic Love last night, since it seems to be a favorite of quite a few.

I don't really like it. :( Really enjoy the electronic music in the back, but I don't like the vocals at all.

That's a shame, it was one of my absolute favorite new songs (new to me, anyway).

As a programming student, I find all of the code in the background amusing as well.

But hey, everybody has their own tastes!

My top favorite song in this game has to be Systematic Love
Also Slump for some odd reason
Haha those are my favorite new songs as well! I guess we have pretty similar taste ^^

I also really like After Burner.

My big favourites are Systematic Love, 39, Denparadigm, After Burner, and Kimi Ni. Special mentions to Slump, Gothic & Loneliness, and Magical Sound Shower. Denparadigm's Extreme chart, however, is some kind of sadistic endurance test from hell.

Don't forget Nostalogic is one of the songs that actually has alternate vocals (MEIKO-SAN is the default, but you can also switch to the original LOLI-MEIKO vocals). You can also get a bit of Meiko in the Senbonzakura F edition alternate vocal, I think.

SephLuis

My big favourites are Systematic Love, 39, Denparadigm, After Burner, and Kimi Ni. Special mentions to Slump, Gothic & Loneliness, and Magical Sound Shower. Denparadigm's Extreme chart, however, is some kind of sadistic endurance test from hell.

And those impossible charts are usually very fun to play.

Not sure if this says something about the game or it's players.

Mandelbo

I have a soft spot for Saihate's Extra Extreme map because of how manic the slide notes are, but I'm nowhere near good enough at chords to even finish the regular Extreme map yet :p
I think Saihate might be one of my favourites of the completely new songs in FT.

I have a soft spot for Saihate's Extra Extreme map because of how manic the slide notes are, but I'm nowhere near good enough at chords to even finish the regular Extreme map yet :p
I think Saihate might be one of my favourites of the completely new songs in FT.

.... it's a DIVA 2nd song though? New to US audiences, sure, but it was PSP first.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Slump also became a favorite after hearing a couple of times.

I blame Luka.
Right. That and just that bass track going just sounds amazing
That's a shame, it was one of my absolute favorite new songs (new to me, anyway).

As a programming student, I find all of the code in the background amusing as well.

But hey, everybody has their own tastes!

Haha those are my favorite new songs as well! I guess we have pretty similar taste ^^

I also really like After Burner.
I always loved the electro house and trance Miku songs so it was only natural I would latch to this song

XaosWolf

Arifureta Sekai Seifuku is one of my new absolute favourites.

I somehow glossed over it on Mirai DX (sort of glazed over all of Diva X too for some reason and now I have favourites in that) and its just a really fun song with an awesome PV.

Awesome module too!

latest

The only issue is that the timing feels off on the long string of notes and I don't know whether it is just me or there's a weird note that's throwing me off.

XaosWolf

Love that one, too. It was my favourite by far in Mirai DX but I haven't played it much in FT yet.

There's a comparison on YT of bothe the Mirai Nendoroid version and the Arcade versions.

I don't know which one came first but I'm still impressed they are both somehow identical despite one being super chibi.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy shit, Tokyo Teddy Bear is rough this time around.

Almost afraid to try Hello Worker, considering the trouble it gave me in F2nd.

EDIT: Never mind, first try Great clear, haha.

ChrisD

There's a comparison on YT of bothe the Mirai Nendoroid version and the Arcade versions.

I don't know which one came first but I'm still impressed they are both somehow identical despite one being super chibi.

It was Mirai first.

I've adored that song since I bought the Magical Mirai Concert album off of iTunes back in... Early 2015? Spent way too much money on plays trying to clear it when it came to the arcade, but I still love it lol.

My favorites are... Rolling Girl is up there right now, Arifureta Sekai Seifuku is always fun, but my current FAVORITE song is Gaikudan to Riria. I can't wait for it to come out through DLC.

Kumubou

I remember playing Synchronized Love for the first time and going "Damn, this sounds like something Carmilla would have made"... and then I looked at the song credits. -_-;; Game could absolutely use more tracks like that.

Meiko isn't garbage (she sounds fine in songs like After Burner and Break It, Break It) but the voice tuning in Stay With Me is straight garbage. How the hell did that song even get in the game?

Kumubou

My first song fail..... lmao and on normal too. Goddamn. This game is rough.

I used to be able to roll on Hard comfortably in Project Diva F and F2nd
General timing is way more important in this game than it was in the previous games -- Future Tone has little tolerance for anything outside of cools.

If you haven't checked your display lag yet, you might want to do that. The game pretty much assumes you're playing on a gaming monitor with very low display latency, and you'll want the TV or whatever you're playing on to have all of its filters and display adjustments off. The game doesn't even need any of that since it has 393939x MSHBAFXOMGWTFAA++ (seriously though, Future Tone might have the best IQ of any PS4 game I've played -- goddamn).

XaosWolf

It was Mirai first.

I've adored that song since I bought the Magical Mirai Concert album off of iTunes back in... Early 2015? Spent way too much money on plays trying to clear it when it came to the arcade, but I still love it lol.

My favorites are... Rolling Girl is up there right now, Arifureta Sekai Seifuku is always fun, but my current FAVORITE song is Gaikudan to Riria. I can't wait for it to come out through DLC.

Ah so it made the jump FROM chibi. Wish I could get that nendoroid officially!

Rolling Girl and all the other Wowaka songs are amazing. Mou ikkai indeed.

Very top favourite for me though is Yellow. Though I don't even know why exactly.

Meiko isn't garbage (she sounds fine in songs like After Burner and Break It, Break It) but the voice tuning in Stay With Me is straight garbage. How the hell did that song even get in the game?

I'm kidding, I just don't find her voice that appealing. I love Wintry Winds though and thats even with Kaito who's voice I also don't particularly enjoy.

As for Stay With Me, there's a few Miku songs that don't sound like they're tuned very well either.
Can't remember the names off the top of my head though. =P

I assume Stay With Me was commissioned specifically for Project Diva f, since the song released literally two days before the game itself.

Top Bottom