• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Where the hell is Miku singing the Sega jingle?

Worst Project Diva, 0/10.

Also, protip if you're so used to the regular Project Diva button layout: So to game config & change Melody Icon to 5. 1 just confuses me & makes me think I gotta press both sides of buttons at once (i.e. up & Triangle).

General timing is way more important in this game than it was in the previous games -- Future Tone has little tolerance for anything outside of cools.

If you haven't checked your display lag yet, you might want to do that. The game pretty much assumes you're playing on a gaming monitor with very low display latency, and you'll want the TV or whatever you're playing on to have all of its filters and display adjustments off. The game doesn't even need any of that since it has 393939x MSHBAFXOMGWTFAA++ (seriously though, Future Tone might have the best IQ of any PS4 game I've played -- goddamn).

Yeah this really stood out to me when I was watching the PVs. I was deliberating looking for aliasing and poor texture filtering and I was really impressed because I barely saw any. There are occasionally lower res assets in the backgrounds (usually 2D artwork or pre-rendered video) but I don't think that it can be helped. The game is pure eyeball sex 99% of the time and looks so good in motion too!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How come I'm not getting the "My First Customization" trophy? I bought both outfits that're recommended for Weekender Girl & 1/6. I don't think any accessories are recommended from what I'm seeing.

How come I'm not getting the "My First Customization" trophy? I bought both outfits that're recommended for Weekender Girl & 1/6. I don't think any accessories are recommended from what I'm seeing.

I think you need an accessory too and I'm pretty sure any one will do.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think you need an accessory too and I'm pretty sure any one will do.
OH, there we go. Instantly unlocked it when I bought some glasses.

Now it's just the 39 minutes, but I'll wait to get that once I buy the game so I don't have to force myself to relisten to the same two songs again like I did with the JPN version.

SHarris78

Why isn't Dreaming Chu Chu part of the game? One of Lukas best!

I wish they'd redo Stay With Me so the chorus isn't so ear shredding, I really like the song - gives off a nostalgic (no pun intended) Xmas feeling.

macklelol

I did it
5eX8CdH.jpg

Here's my results screen of that score if you wanna see it: http://i.imgur.com/Xo7U9SX.jpg

Probably the best meiko song is Nostalogic

Meiko is my least favourite character overall but Nostalogic is still one of my favourite songs from the whole series. My second most-played song on Diva F.

Future Tone is the first time I'd ever heard or played the Vegetable Juice song and it's been in my head for a solid 3 days now. Pray for me.

Why isn't Dreaming Chu Chu part of the game? One of Lukas best!

I wish they'd redo Stay With Me so the chorus isn't so ear shredding, I really like the song - gives off a nostalgic (no pun intended) Xmas feeling.

Chorus is the only bit that makes me cringe a bit, but feel it's redeemed by the really stupid synth solo towards the end. Playing that part on expert feels like i'm in Chromeo or something, it's amazing.

system11

Meiko is my least favourite character overall but Nostalogic is still one of my favourite songs from the whole series. My second most-played song on Diva F.

Future Tone is the first time I'd ever heard or played the Vegetable Juice song and it's been in my head for a solid 3 days now. Pray for me.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I wish Meiko had more songs.

All the Meiko hate makes me sad :'(
Afterburner and Break it, Break it are just amazing. (but I'm biased since I love Meiko and don't really like Miku :p)

It's nice to see so many people enjoying the game, I spent a lot of time with the JP version and I'll probably buy the EU one next month. The amount of content is just incredible.

OverQ

I seem to hit a ton more cools in this game compared to Project Diva F (Vita). Perhaps it's the 60fps?

There's a comparison on YT of bothe the Mirai Nendoroid version and the Arcade versions.

I don't know which one came first but I'm still impressed they are both somehow identical despite one being super chibi.

I love Arifureta Sekai Seifuku too. That video was actually added to the 3DS version for the US/EU release, it was an animated PV in the Japanese Mirai 2. There's something about Chibi Miku's dance on the platform at the beginning that I still find hilarious!

Akibared

All the Meiko hate makes me sad :'(
Afterburner and Break it, Break it are just amazing. (but I'm biased since I love Meiko and don't really like Miku :p)

It's nice to see so many people enjoying the game, I spent a lot of time with the JP version and I'll probably buy the EU one next month. The amount of content is just incredible.

Break it, Break it is one of my favorite Meiko songs!

I love Arifureta Sekai Seifuku too. That video was actually added to the 3DS version for the US/EU release, it was an animated PV in the Japanese Mirai 2. There's something about Chibi Miku's dance on the platform at the beginning that I still find hilarious!

Common mistake, but mirai DX is a worldwide product distinct from mirai 2. Though it almost certainly exists primarily for the NA/EU markets, it was released in Japan as well.

OverQ

Common mistake, but mirai DX is a worldwide product distinct from mirai 2. Though it almost certainly exists primarily for the NA/EU markets, it was released in Japan as well.

Ah yes, I was aware that it received a Japanese release too. A little surprising perhaps given that not that much was changed. They should have included the animated PVs in DX for the ultimate version.

What happened to the "World's End Music Hall" video? Loved that and it is replaced with some shit video :(

Worldsend Dancehall was developed for Arcade and DIVA f separately and first appeared in both at about the same time. It's possible for the DIVA f version to be ported (it happened with Senbonzakura) but given how much time has passed it's unlikely.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
2D Dream Fever is ridiculous. Even on Normal. Like I don't see how I'll ever break 65% or so on it. It's just too fast. My hands literally get tired trying to play it.

EDIT: Okay, assuming the standard "button mashing" position got me 74%. I'll settle for that for now, before my arm falls off. :lol

Roubjon

The excitement over the English release has me re-downloading the Japanese version. It's been too long since Miku's beautiful vocal chords have blessed my ears.

emiliano

Worldsend Dancehall was developed for Arcade and DIVA f separately and first appeared in both at about the same time. It's possible for the DIVA f version to be ported (it happened with Senbonzakura) but given how much time has passed it's unlikely.

So, is the Diva F version of the Senbonzakura's video available in this game somewhere? I was a little disappointed when I saw a poor (but still gracious) fmv version...

Andrefpvs

Huh, wasn't Colorful Tone supposed to include the songs from Project Mirai DX? A couple of my favourites from the 3DS game are nowhere to be found :(

So, is the Diva F version of the Senbonzakura's video available in this game somewhere? I was a little disappointed when I saw a poor (but still gracious) fmv version...

Yes, there are both versions of Senbonzakura. They even come with different charts for more gameplay variety, and the Diva f version even lets you change vocals to an allcast version.

I am absolutely loving this game... After diva x (loved it since it was my first console miku game) I was ready for more, thing is this game is bloody difficult lol.

Using an arcade stick for my set up and its working pretty good other than the slide buttons... cant seem to get them stuck in my head at all since they are not color codded >.<. if it tells me for a slide right and its on the left side of the screen i just lose all track of whats going on.

Hopefully I can conquer it, maybe I can move on to hard once i do >.>

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No translated subtile option? Guess a perfect version is impossible, lol.
Even if a good chunk of songs are from previous localized games, I don't think Sega wanted to spend the time & money having to translate & then sync the lyrics to a whopping 220+ songs.

Big Brett

Can't believe the value here. So glad I jumped on the full bundle. There's so much to digest! Love it so far. Only played a fair bit of F 2nd on Vita. This game feels much better on DS4.

Even if a good chunk of songs are from previous localized games, I don't think Sega wanted to spend the time & money having to translate & then sync the lyrics to a whopping 220+ songs.

They couldn't get the translation rights to a significant number of songs back when Mirai DX was released, and that problem would be even bigger with this many more songs.

Project Diva F 2nd was doable with only one song untranslated, but you couldn't really have a game where, say, 30% or more of the content is untranslated due to legal issues.

Top Bottom