• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever had your significant other pull the no sex...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually I'm the one to say give it time, give it a chance, etc but this reminds me of my last relationship but plus two extra kids. You WILL get hurt if you continue down this path. Honestly you need to bail, it's only going to get harder as time passes on and you get more attached to the kids.

MechaX

Her 1st child at 16, she had to her aunt and uncle to take care for a few months while she found a job, but by the time that happened (a few months later, they refused to give the child back, saying that grew too attached). They went after her for child support...to she pays like $200 counting ss per paycheck.

If the state's Division of Family Services/Department of Social Services got involved (which under this circumstance, would really be the only way for a custody dispute to arise), you can't just keep a child "because they got too attached" and start going after the parent for child custody. What most likely happened is that the family court made a determination that, at least when she first had the child, that the aunt/uncle would be infinitely more stable providers than a 16 year old (and this is while giving the girlfriend the benefit of the doubt by assuming that she did make active efforts to be involved in the child's life at that time).

Of course, the big problem is why the OP's girlfriend never tried to modify custody and support obligations as she got older in lieu of continuing to let family members take care of the child (which at this point, a family court judge would be much less inclined to alter child support/custody on this first child). Hell, things could swing the other way and due to the girlfriend's change in circumstances, a judge could surmise that she is fully able to pay higher amounts based on the circumstances or new job. If this kid was really adopted, then the girlfriend would be off the hook because her parental rights would have been terminated (and you just don't "miss" or "forget" that this happens; it's a drawn-out process because of the fact that a constitutional right would be terminated).

Now the real "fun" for the girlfriend is going to start when the father of child #2 wants to pursue child support options too.

She sounds like a complete mess dude and there are far too many red flags to count.

1a) Did you know that once you begin staying at her place and act as a provider (in the US) you can be on the hook for child support payments and alimony even though you are NOT A)the biological father B) Married.
How do you feel supporting this person and her kids you have just started dating till your mid forties even if she drops you?
Tread lightly dude.

b) She doesn't have her finances together. At 23 that isn't such a big deal, but since your income is "twice hers" you need to consider people's motivations for their actions. This is your future, only you are responsible for your actions.

2) Sounds to me she is using sex as a motivator to get you to marry her. This is pure manipulation. If she is doing this now when you can walk with ease, think of what she might pull when she has you legally locked down.

3) If not manipulation she is at the very least confused. You should step away so she can at least fifure out what she really wants. She sounds like she is unstable (if she isn't trying to scheme you), nothing wrong with remaining friends until she is mentally and financially stable... Besides without sex you are just basically friends anyway; However in your case you are a friend that pays her way.

4) Value yourself and protect your future. This is not a question or something to think about. Do it.

Loomba

You're a stronger man then most of us for staying. I just hope in a few years when you have a kid (or three) to her yourself and you're stuck for the rest of your life you don't hope that you would have listened to us. Good luck to ya.

AlexMogil

1a) Did you know that once you begin staying at her place and act as a provider (in the US) you can be on the hook for child support payments and alimony even though you are NOT A)the biological father B) Married.
How do you feel supporting this person and her kids you have just started dating till your mid forties even if she drops you?
Tread lightly dude.

I was worried about this myself. I was afraid that this was possible. When it comes to finances and property it seems like once a precedent is started, you're on the hook.

Gaf advice can be awful sometimes. But 3 pages of the right answer must tell you your doing something wrong.

It's sometimes hard to admit when a relationship isn't working, I hope you'll soon see you need to get out.

VASPER

Banned
Its hard to hear OP but man this will not go to a place you want. You may have strong feeling for this woman and things may be great, Think tho use your head. This is a whole spider web of problems that will blossom into her killing you like a Black widow (not literally). Trust your instincts, things may wax and wane for you over the next little while but know this, this is the begging of many things that you may not like your choice from here on out.

Deadbeat

Banned
OP: "hey guys, can I get some advice"

GAF: "sure"

OP: explains how he is now a buyfriend instead of a boyfriend.

GAF: "bail"

OP: "I'm not gonna bail"

Sometimes, people are too stupid to take obvious advice. OP, you a fool.
This thread wasn't asking for advice. OP was asking for reaffirmation of his own foolishness.

VASPER

Banned
A few things...I am not gonna bail

She gave me every opportunity to bail (like 4 or 5 times now, bc she realizes how much baggage I would be taking on)...she said she wouldn't blame me.

The night after she told me she didn't want to anymore, the next morning, she initiated forplay and we had sex, but about a week after that, we didn't do anything (no more than kiss for like 10 seconds), I couldn't even get her to make out with me, up until last night

Her 1st child at 16, she had to her aunt and uncle to take care for a few months while she found a job, but by the time that happened (a few months later, they refused to give the child back, saying that grew too attached). They went after her for child support...to she pays like $200 counting ss per paycheck.

She is very very stressed about a few thing

-can't see her youngest more than once a week (18months old)

-her 3 year old has severe ADHD, he will not listen at all...her 18 month old listens better. The 3 year old drives her nuts. Going to get an appt with a dr so that dr can check him out to see if we can do anything about it

-child support she pays stresses her out, so we are gonna be talking to a family lawyer (a low cost one)

-gonna be starting her job she went to college for in sept (but it pay her much more than her current job does)

She does take care of me when I'm sick, I love when we have our alone time, she'll get me stuff...I found the no sex thing very frustrating and confusing...so the best bf and lover you've ever had, you decide to cut off love making from? It just doesn't make sense, I'm sure she isn't cheating...that like very little contact for a week frustrated the hell out of me...I have my needs. The no touching for a week, made me feel like we were 50 and no sex drive anymore. I talked to her about it, a few times...

Most of these things you talk about as a good thing or a plus are things you regularly find in a relationship.
I don't think you need any more advice, you have made your decision already weather you think you have or not.
If these were your children then yes stay, THEY ARE NOT SO WTF ARE YOU DOING?

DJwest

She has 3 kids out of wedlock (1 has been adopted 16 when she had him and she pays child support for, the other lives with his dad most of the time, she has a 3 yeartoo (it's difficult...he wears her completely out
At the risk of sounding shallow, run for your life man.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
When the costs and benefits of a relationship are not equally distributed between partners, it's doomed. Or at least the people in that relationship are doomed to be miserable if they stay together.

Unfortunately, we're really good at gradually rationalizing our way into tolerating worse and worse situations for ourselves. You need to ask yourself if this sort of life is something you want for yourself, maybe forever.

She might turn the sex tap back on if you marry her, but some other fucked up thing will arise to take its place.

Lord Fagan

OP, you're defending being a cuckold. If you were getting paid, or she was putting out regularly, that might make sense...but she's not.

I'll come back in another three or four pages after you've typed up some more inane rationale that seems altruistic to you, but to all of us is really just an unfortunate episode of a poor man wasting his twenties when he could be getting his dick wet with half of this effort on Tinder or Wednesday night at the nearest bar.

Septimius

so the best bf and lover you've ever had, you decide to cut off love making from? It just doesn't make sense, I'm sure she isn't cheating...that like very little contact for a week frustrated the hell out of me...I have my needs. The no touching for a week, made me feel like we were 50 and no sex drive anymore. I talked to her about it, a few times...

But you see absolutely nothing wrong about how you "tell her you want some lovin tonight after work"?

highrider

Banned
You're only 26 and you're already signed up with all this drama? 3 kids out of wedlock and none are yours? And she's 23?!

You're not even married and you paying for kids that aren't yours? Dude, you're too young for this nonsense.

Bail out, man.

Yeah I have to agree. I'm 47 and I could understand if she was older, but 23. Yikes.

daman824

I'm sorry OP. I understand why you want to stay. You love this girl and feel like it's your duty to support her because "who else will?".

But you need to realize that you should not be having these issues seven months into a relationship. You shouldn't be under this much stress and shouldn't be doing this much for her at this stage. You should still be i the honeymoon stage.

If this is how it is now, I can guarantee that it will only get worse the longer it goes on and the closer you get to her (marriage). Staying with her is a terrible decision. You can break up and still try to be friends and offer her emotional support. But you're 26, she has three kids (one of which you are paying for), and it now seems like she's either going to become extremely religious or is trying to get you to propose so you have to support her.

Prologue

My best friend is in a problematic relationship. Knew him for over a decade and it just drives me insane. Just cause you love someone, doesn't make it right. People always seem to have a hard time understanding that for some reason.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Wow. I have not been in that situation, but that is really awful. I don't think that I would leave, because of emotional what nots. I wouldn't be entirely satisfied though. You only have one life, and I am sure that you don't want to live it that way.

Artorias

Banned
I know its been said a hundred times by now, but you should probably confront her about it, or bail. I'm not saying to disappear in the middle of the night, but there is a pretty good chance it will turn out the same either way.

I would have en exceedingly hard time believing it has anything to do with religion, considering her moral standing. Anyone can change, but what are the chances that she is suddenly much more interested in god, and the first you ever heard of her life altering decision was from her explaining that she won't sleep with you anymore?

Raist

Banned

She gave me every opportunity to bail (like 4 or 5 times now, bc she realizes how much baggage I would be taking on)...she said she wouldn't blame me.

The night after she told me she didn't want to anymore, the next morning, she initiated forplay and we had sex, but about a week after that, we didn't do anything (no more than kiss for like 10 seconds), I couldn't even get her to make out with me, up until last night

-her 3 year old has severe ADHD, he will not listen at all...her 18 month old listens better. The 3 year old drives her nuts. Going to get an appt with a dr so that dr can check him out to see if we can do anything about it

-child support she pays stresses her out, so we are gonna be talking to a family lawyer (a low cost one)

-gonna be starting her job she went to college for in sept (but it pay her much more than her current job does)

She does take care of me when I'm sick, I love when we have our alone time, she'll get me stuff...I found the no sex thing very frustrating and confusing...so the best bf and lover you've ever had, you decide to cut off love making from? It just doesn't make sense, I'm sure she isn't cheating...that like very little contact for a week frustrated the hell out of me...I have my needs. The no touching for a week, made me feel like we were 50 and no sex drive anymore. I talked to her about it, a few times...

OK well. If she's stress/tired/etc and it's temporary, fair enough.
Now it seems to be that the reason is that she's "found god again" and thinks she's sinned enough? I'm sorry but, shouldn't she be thinking that while she "sinned" when she was younger, having sex with the man she loves, who loves her and helps her as much as he can, might just be OK in god's books?

It just all sounds like some weird BS excuse to me. If you already feel this is not normal to the point of posting about it on GAF, how's it gonna be after months of the same situation? Wake up.

Bail.

I said the same thing to my close friend, who was wondering if he should pursue a relationship with a weapon two years his senior with a child from a previous marriage. You don't need that baggage - the fact that she has three kids is even worse. Get out while you can.

Dipz

Banned
lol, 3 kids out of wedlock and NOW she wants to play some born again virgin and not have sex with someone who's being good to her because she feels like she's offending God..

Yeah you need to bail out.

Someone behaving like that is seriously not worth it.

And yeah if she feels like sex is some commodity she has been offering you in return for all the stuff you do for her as opposed to a mutual act with mutual benefit then she seriously has issues.

Right now you are enabling her to be as fucked up as she is being by your complicity.

Anyone acting like it's ridiculous to suggest she's getting side dick is pretty naive. This is a woman that's apparently had ZERO concern about sex her entire post pubescent life, has had tons of sex with the OP, is suddenly tired all the time and out of nowhere found god and won't fuck? HAHAHA. It's almost guaranteed to be side dick.

Get OUT OP. RUN.

This. C'mon.

There is no other answer I hate to say. Doubly so when baby-daddy come around to "hang out". Seen this happen to friends and it's always the same story.

7 months in? Pfft. I'd say move on and find a GF that isn't a financial sponge.

She is cheating.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Yeah well this is precisely how OP needs to avoid thinking. He can by sympathetic to her and be a friend but he is under no obligation to take care of her and her kids.

Things like this can fuck up your entire life.

Hey, I wasn't saying it is the right choice. I was saying that I personally would have a hard time with that. I love sex, but there is more to it for me.

IISANDERII

...right in the middle of the relationship? And also she pulls it after you 2 have had sex a bunch

Context...So me and my gf have been together 7 months now (I'm 26, she is 23)...we had sex after 5th date and have been having sex pretty regularly (avg is about 3-4 times per week)

According to her, I am the best bf and best lover by far she has ever had.

She has 3 kids out of wedlock (1 has been adopted 16 when she had him and she pays child support for, the other lives with his dad most of the time, she has a 3 year old he lives with her)

Bc of child support, her paycheck are half the size of mine, so I pay for pretty much everything when we go out, and I recently paid for her glasses and contacts

I stay at her place like 5-6 nights a week, to help with her kid. On my days off I watch him too (it's difficult...he wears her completely out

So about a week and a half ago I notice she is coming home more tired and I don't think anything of it, bc she works a lot too. So I let her nap and just watch tv. I help around the house and clean a bit, so she doesn't have to. This goes on for about 4 days. On the 4th day I tell her I want her and I to shower together, she is fine with it and says yes...then about an hour after we get back to her place, she just takes a shower on her own...when she comes out she says "sorry I just really felt gross, but don't worry, I'm still gonna take a shower with you", so an hour later, I say I'm ready and she says "i don't feel like taking another shower, I'm sorry"

Day 5 rolls around, I tell her I want some lovin tonight after work, she says yes, then when the time comes, she says I need to talk to you about something and you will probably hate me for it...so she drops that bomb saying she feels guilty everytime we have sex (even when it's her idea), she says she wants to be a better person and that she loves God (she mentioned that she believed in God a few times, but since we were having sex, I figured she was one of those who doesn't follow the no sex before marriage, since it's so common), and that she sinned a lot in her younger days (did pills bad mostly weed), partied a lot (drank, blacked out, etc...), and she just doesn't want the world to end one day soon and go to hell for all the things she does...she does a lot of good things (helps out her family a ton, is nice to just about everyone, gives money to the homeless on the streets, etc...)

I see myself marrying her one day, so I begrudgingly accepted it, right now we do everything except intercourse and oral (as I just found out last night). She said she feels bad bc sex she felt was the only thing she had to offer me and counter everything I do for her (I also let her use my car, pay her cell phone bill, gas sometimes)

My question to Gaf is, has your significant other ever pulled this on you after you 2 have already had sex a bunch? And what did you?
She doesn't realize that YOU'RE her god because the things you do for her are extraordinary and deserve reward. She should be worshipping you.

She's taken you for granted and now trying to guilt you into her way.

Round_hay_bale_at_dawn02.jpg

Now...

sbbTfWEl.jpg

Darksol

If someone is actively making my daily life shittier (sex suddenly no longer allowed) because of an inconsistent devotion to an invisible being that may or may not be there and may or may not give a shit about what they do with their genitals...I'm out.

But honestly OP, there were tons of red flags in what you described.

OP, how do you know the 3yo has ADHD? Was it diagnosed by a reputable person? Sometimes kids are just, like, kids.

Also, have you given any consideration to bailing prior to heading to GAF? There are plenty of other girls in this world without this huge baggage. I'd truly have to love a woman like no one else to take on that kind of baggage. Are you sure its just not desperation or dating fatigue on your part? I also used to think there was only one woman for me in the world... that's pretty much bullshit.

There are plenty of people out there you are compatible with. She may be one of them, but she has alot of issues around her that can and will affect your life in ways you and her cannot imagine at this point. I hope you know what you're getting into here. If you have any doubt, seek the counsel of another person that knows you well. At the least, go to a counselor (yes, I know I just shit on them previously, but you're not me), they can help you two view the issues you all are going to face in context, and you can go from there. Good luck.

gugi40

I knew a girl that did that to her boyfriend.

They used to have sex and then she became religious and just stopped, he pays her rent, her phone bills, and drives her everywhere. Not sure if they are still together though.....he became an angry guy.

Never had this problem myself though.

IISANDERII

The great sex you gave her? She was faking it.

Best boyfriend? That mostly means you give her money, let her use your car, clean and toil and babysit.

Now no kissing either? Lol, coming up: The worst pain of your life. The only question is: How long will the pain last?

linkboy

As someone who is currently in a sexless marrige, do not marry this women. It's not going to get better. Do not have kids with this women, it will only make it harder to leave.

You will end up feeling trapped, which will only get worse as time goes on.

I get along great with my wife (outside of our intimacy issues), and we've got an super awesome 3 year old son who I love more that life itself. I should be happy, but I'm not. I'm depressed and it's impacting all aspects of my life. I could leave, yes, but doing so would take me away from my son (I'm in the military), and I'm hardly home enough as is.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
As someone who is currently in a sexless marrige, do not marry this women. It's not going to get better. Do not have kids with this women, it will only make it harder to leave.

I get along great with my wife (outside of our intimacy issues), and we've got an super awesome 3 year old son who I love more that life itself. I should be happy, but I'm not. I'm depressed and it's impacting all aspects of my life. I could leave, yes, but doing so would take me away from my son (I'm in the military), and I'm hardly home enough as is.

This is literally the most depressing thing I have ever read on GAF, hands down.

I still don't get why she doesn't want to fuck you.

Christ, bro.

FLAguy954

What wrong with your wife man? She's treating you like shit sexually. Have you talked to her about it?

linkboy

What wrong with your wife man? She's treating you like shit sexually. Have you talked to her about it?

We've talked about it, yes. It's hard right now since I'm deployed. She's had people in her past (her ex husband) use sex as a weapon to get what he wanted from her.

It's a work in progress, it's just a hard situation to work on when I'm not home (for many various reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom